Matt Moore lovers....See why we got Cutler? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore lovers....See why we got Cutler?

If your defense cannot stop the other team on 3rd down, or make them settle for field goals, the whole controversy is moot.

Passer rating differential accounts for 85% of the variation in win percentage in the league since 2004.

It may not be "the single" factor, but you won't find anywhere near as big a one in any other part of the game.

The problem is that passer rating differential is not "A" part of the game. It represents a huge number of parts of the game (e.g. passer, blockers, receivers, defense of all of the above, etc). Hell, even the ability to run the ball and stop the run impacts passer rating differential.

You might as well say that the single biggest factor is point differential.

Miami on 3rd down with Tannehill:

52 of 149 = 34.9%

Miami on 4th down with Tannehill:

0 of 4 = 0%

Miami wins under Tannehill:

Cleveland (OT) = Worst

San Francisco = 2nd Worst

L.A. Rams = 5th Worst

NY Jets = 6th Worst (tie)

SD Chargers = 6th Worst (tie)

Bills = 10th Worst (tie) - Ajayi 214 yards, 1 TD

Cardinals = 13th Worst (Moore led Miami to GWD)

Steelers = 26th Worst (tie) - Ajayi 204 yards, 2 TD

Tannehill QB stats overall = 261 of 389 (67.1%), 2995 yards (7.7 YPA), 19 TD 12 INT = 93.5 QB rating

Tannehill QB rating vs teams with non-losing record = 113 of 164, 1242 yards, 3 TD 7 INT = 79.37%

Miami PPG under Tannehill = 21.61

Sack % = every 13.41 pass attempts

Tannehill’s opponents record vs teams beat = 35-77 (.312) if including AZ = 42-85-1 (.333)

Miami on 3rd down with Moore:

23 of 51 = 45.1%

Miami on 4th down with Moore:

2 of 4 = 50%

Moore QB stats overall = 84 of 123 (68.29%), 1010 yards (8.21 YPA), 9 TD 4 INT (includes Pitt) = 104.05 QB rating

Moore QB rating vs teams with non-losing record = 53 of 70, 494 yards, 3 TD 2 INT = 96.96

Miami PPG under Moore = 24 (includes Pitt in playoff), 27.33 without Pitt

Sacks = every 20.5 pass attempts (includes Pitt in playoff) every 87 pass attempts without Pitt

Moore’s opponents record vs teams beat = 12-20 (.375)
Hmmm.

Matt Moore is a very good backup, and he's also a very good leader that can gut out wins. But he does have some physical limitations that prevent him from being seen as a true starter. That being said, he has had his contract come up twice, he and his agent both confirmed they had offers for him to compete for a starting job, but he chose Miami each time for family reasons. Having watched them all, you cannot tell me that Moore is not a better starting option than Brian Hoyer or Josh McCown. But even then look at other teams looking to make the playoffs... How do the Steelers feel if they need to rely on Josh Dobbs or Landy Fields for extended time? What about Dallas if Dak gets hurt? The Seahawks if Wilson goes down? The Raiders without Carr? Look at the Colts right now with Luck out. Any of those teams would kill for Matt Moore.

The difference is that Jay Cutler has a very special arm talent, and if he can play under control our ceiling on offense is much higher under him than it is under Moore.

lol, At all you Matt Moore supporters! thank God I was out tonight and missed this joke on national TV. there is a God. Now I hope this team loses the rest of the games and gets a decent draft pick slot and fixes this mess once and for all,

lol, At all you Matt Moore supporters! thank God I was out tonight and missed this joke on national TV. there is a God. Now I hope this team loses the rest of the games and gets a decent draft pick slot and fixes this mess once and for all,

and why now? why after all these years of absoulute **** would this be the draft we fix anything. we're cursed. also, i'd just like to take this opportunity to say **** you adam gase.

And you are bumping this why? Sorry but neither Moore or Cutler are QBs you want starting for you. You're fooling yourself if you think tonight's outcome would be much different with Cutler under center.

Yeah, you call yourself a Dolphins fan. Laughable. We are still 4-3 and will win a few more games. Sorry you will have a miserable season.

matt moore is not a great qb but hes still better than cutler at this point...the whole offense looks completely unprepared every week tho regardless of its cutler or moore. The problem with cutler is he doesnt have the arm strength he once had, he has terrible mechanics, he was playing scared trying to avoid contact and constantly throwing off his back foot fading away. Matt Moore will turn the ball over and he obviously doesnt have the strongest arm but he still offers the best chance at winning in my opinion. Both qbs arent good enough to carry an offense and our offense clearly needs carrying.

Its a competition to see who sucks more at QB. Right now its neck and neck with both giving their utmost to claim the title.

Not a lover, not a hater. I like his aggressive mentality. He clearly outplayed RT last year when given the chance. Grateful to have a backup his caliber.

Signing Cutler looking good so far.

Wrong quote

Anyone who has watched the fins in the last 5 years knew what we were getting in Moore whenever he stepped onto the field. Let's not try and act like it's any different with Cutler. They both suck period, and Tannehill isn't too far behind them.

Back
Top Bottom