Matt Moore lovers....See why we got Cutler? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore lovers....See why we got Cutler?

Could careless to start an argument with a fellow fin fan but what did Cutler/Gase do wrong to get the verbal bashing lol We aren't preseason anything. We are 1-2 and our Defense looks like ****. If we're going to be real then we should at least admit that Cutler has done a good job for us. He has no Ints. He consistently brought us down the field and we finished off the drives. Cutler could have had 3 Tds if you look at Parker getting caught from the back and Stills pass Int call. As of right now, Gase is 10-6 as the Dolphins Head Coach and brought us to the playoffs. If Gase was 4-12 last year, there would be nobody on this board saying he's a good coach. As an offensive coach, he sure has made our Offense into something to watch. Give it a chance brother and then if you feel like bashing go right ahead.

I'm not saying its guaranteed to be bad but it most likely will, cutler isn't gonna change who he's been his whole career all of a sudden, preseason means nothing, we had a quite capable starter in moore and didn't have to waste 10 mil on cutler that we should have given landry, think about how landry feels about that? Think he's gonna be happy catching from a guy who he knows is taking the money he should of got when moore would have done a fine job? Moore is better than a lot of starters in this league and cheap to boot, he's better than cutler just not as much of a celebrity because he took the fall for our playoff loss even though we were missing half our team and he played really well despite a few mistakes. It's just another panic move that you see every year from dolphins coaches.

Pretty much everything you say cannot be further from the truth. "Gase lost respect in the locker room for that move" is the worst of them all.

LOL, you showed me..... You're right dude, I'm sure they loved all his our guys talk then instantly panics and throws money that should have been given to landry at a qb who's worse than moore but is more famous, I'm not buying insurance from you.

Maybe we can also stop with the “take the next step” urban myth optimism regarding sub par quarterbacks. The tape shows what you have. Tannehill is exactly what you see and so is Moore.

I'm not saying its guaranteed to be bad but it most likely will, cutler isn't gonna change who he's been his whole career all of a sudden, preseason means nothing, we had a quite capable starter in moore and didn't have to waste 10 mil on cutler that we should have given landry, think about how landry feels about that? Think he's gonna be happy catching from a guy who he knows is taking the money he should of got when moore would have done a fine job? Moore is better than a lot of starters in this league and cheap to boot, he's better than cutler just not as much of a celebrity because he took the fall for our playoff loss even though we were missing half our team and he played really well despite a few mistakes. It's just another panic move that you see every year from dolphins coaches.
he's capable of many things. starter-quality play is not one of them...

I love Matt Moore as a person (very nice guy) and as a Backup. For basically his entire career, Moore has not even tried to get a starting job anywhere and was more content sitting on the bench. Landry probably said "thank god we didn't go into the season with a career backup." If Landry is that hurt that the Dolphins decided to get better then he doesn't need to be a Dolphin. I doubt he cares unless he likes to lose. Why is Matt a backup if he's better than a lot of starters in the league? Who's he better than? Doesn't really make much sense. Moore's better than Cutler? lol Come on dude. Nobody blames Moore for the playoff loss. He was way over his head though which most would agree. His arm is too limited. He knows it, we know it, and the league has obviously known it for a decade. Anytime your starting Qb suffers a torn acl halfway into training camp a Head Coach is going to make a "panic move." A "panic move" would have been trading for Bridgewater or anyone. Signing a vet with the physical ability that Gase has had recent success with and knows the offense better than any QB out there is actually a smart move not a panic move. What was the panic move last year? I think it's moreso fans not getting used to the fact we have a legit Head Coach who knows what he's doing yet expect Philbin or Sparano type moves. Gase absolutely made the right move and as much as the locker room loves Moore, they def like winning more than Moore. What is Moore better at than Cutler? Attitude but Jay hasn't ruffled any feathers as of now. Moore is a poor man's Cutler. It's only preseason but did you watch Moore vs Cutler? Not even in the same ball park. Cutler has never had the weapons we have. The last thing I'd do is sleep on Cutler with a top 3 RB and top 5 receiving corp. He should have had 3 Tds the other night if Parker didn't get chased down and Stills didn't get Pass Int in the endzone. Then Matt Moore came in....LOL

Last edited:

Who said that Moore was the reason we lost in the playoffs? Yes, he gave us no chance in hell but nobody has blamed Moore other than saying "oh lord Moore is brutal vs real team" Was it not true? Beat the Bills and Jets yet got smoked against the Pats and Steelers. Moore did not take the fall at all. He's an awesome back up and nothing more. There's better back ups than Matt Moore let alone "Moore being better than a lot of starters."

Maybe we can also stop with the “take the next step” urban myth optimism regarding sub par quarterbacks. The tape shows what you have. Tannehill is exactly what you see and so is Moore.
If you saw what I saw which is 7-1 with a 100QBR and close to a 68% completion rate and one of the league's highest long ball accuracy ratings after Gase's system kicked in, then I would agree with you. If you saw that he was something like 11-1 whenever his OL starters all played (Including Dallas Green), then I'm with you all the way.

I don't "love" Moore, but I wanted to roll with him. Not because I think Moore is better than Cutler, or that we'd be more successful this season with Moore vs. Cutler, but I wanted to roll with Moore to save $10 million in cap space to roll over to next season, re-sign Landry with it, and get a better draft pick. Now that ship has sailed, so I want the move to be as successful as possible.

Moore is a great teammate but is a very, very limited guy. He and Rambo were the two biggest culprits in that Steeler playoff game. Moore gave Miami no chance at all, and played very poorly, as he normally does against good teams. Any chances Miami had in that game were a non-starter due to Moore's immense limitations. Good guy and good teammate. He's also, what, 33? Tick tock. It's time for Miami to bring in a talented young QB to get into the system.

If Cutler gets hurt behind this oline, all of you will be rooting for Moore.
Moore is a winning QB in a run oriented offense system. Our WRs can make even an average QB look good.
Why all the hate for Moore? He could probably start for several teams in the NFL.

If Cutler gets hurt behind this oline, all of you will be rooting for Moore.
Moore is a winning QB in a run oriented offense system. Our WRs can make even an average QB look good.
Why all the hate for Moore? He could probably start for several teams in the NFL.
Claiming Moore is better than the Jets' QBs is damning with faint praise.

Moore is a great teammate but is a very, very limited guy. He and Rambo were the two biggest culprits in that Steeler playoff game. Moore gave Miami no chance at all, and played very poorly, as he normally does against good teams. Any chances Miami had in that game were a non-starter due to Moore's immense limitations. Good guy and good teammate. He's also, what, 33? Tick tock. It's time for Miami to bring in a talented young QB to get into the system.

The problem in that game, and what made it different from Moore's previous games in replacement of Tannehill last season, was that the defense surrendered too many points early, which put Moore in the position of needing to pass to mount a comeback. That in turn allowed Pittsburgh's defense to tee off on Moore and the Dolphins' passing game.

Only the league's elite QBs and passing games can rise to that occasion in a playoff atmosphere on the road, and Moore and the Dolphins were not one of them. Moore and the Dolphins needed the Dolphins' defense to play much better if the team was going to stand a chance under those conditions.

So, I agree that Moore is limited, but with a limited QB, or with any average-level or worse QB, really, a team's defense needs to keep the game close so as to keep the offense balanced, the opposing defense guessing, and the responsibility off the QB to carry the team completely.

Again, passer rating differential. A defense obviously plays a huge role in that.

I can only laugh at analytical people who think a single factor is the main reason behind winning and losing in the NFL.

I can only laugh at analytical people who think a single factor is the main reason behind winning and losing in the NFL.

Passer rating differential accounts for 85% of the variation in win percentage in the league since 2004.

It may not be "the single" factor, but you won't find anywhere near as big a one in any other part of the game.

Back
Top Bottom