Matt Moore lovers....See why we got Cutler? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore lovers....See why we got Cutler?

I hate say it but cutler looks real good last night. Moore need stay on bench....cutler will be interesting this yr. He look good so far....
I'm sure you hate to say it, you wanted to ride Matt Moore's jock into the sunset. Cutler looked OK last night. he under through Parker on that 79 yards catch and run, under thrown ball to Landry,and I'm not sure because I didn't see the replay but it looks like he overthrew stills on a crossing pattern and Landry came up with the catch.

Would rather have McGloin

This is a very foolish comment. So we're throwing out anything that's ever happened historically and gauging these 2 guys off this one preseason game? How many times has McGloin won 2 must win road games to make the playoffs?

Look we should all know what Matt Moore is by now. He's a BACKUP QB who can spell your starter and win some games if needed. He is not a 16 game starter. There was a time where I may have wanted to see but not anymore. However, as Dolphins fans who follow the team closely enough to post on a message board we should ALL KNOW that MATT MOORE HAS NEVER, EVER, EVER looked good in a preseason game. Not even once. It doesn't mean anything.

I'm sure you hate to say it, you wanted to ride Matt Moore's jock into the sunset. Cutler looked OK last night. he under through Parker on that 79 yards catch and run, under thrown ball to Landry,and I'm not sure because I didn't see the replay but it looks like he overthrew stills on a crossing pattern and Landry came up with the catch.

He's been here for 2 weeks and led the team to 3 TD's. He's not perfect by any means but he's not shy about winging the ball downfield. He under threw Stills also, that was a walk in with an earlier/better throw. Hopefully the timing improves over time.

One thing I remember thinking about Matt Moore last year, when he made the deep throw to, I believe it was Stills, in the Arizona game. He under threw him by a few yards. I remember thinking his arm was shot. Still holds true, the ball just doesn't have the same life on it that it did a couple of years ago.

He's been here for 2 weeks and led the team to 3 TD's. He's not perfect by any means but he's not shy about winging the ball downfield. He under threw Stills also, that was a walk in with an earlier/better throw. Hopefully the timing improves over time.
I'm well aware of how long he's been here, he was five for eight and was lucky to 5.

I thought Cutler's ball placement was pretty weak last night, but Matt Moore was god awful.

Best throw was that back hip red zone bullet to Julius. He let that one go and stepped into it before Julius even got his head turned around. That ball was indefensible and the qb made it that way.

Other really nice play was when he was gonna be sacked before he finished his drop he had the veteran presence to just dump the ball at Ajayis feet. Tanny would have ate it there. The ball security with cutler is a bit of a concern though. We can't fumble every time you get wrapped up in the pocket. When he's getting spun around he's got the rock in one hand.

Best throw was that back hip red zone bullet to Julius. He let that one go and stepped into it before Julius even got his head turned around. That ball was indefensible and the qb made it that way.

Other really nice play was when he was gonna be sacked before he finished his drop he had the veteran presence to just dump the ball at Ajayis feet. Tanny would have ate it there. The ball security with cutler is a bit of a concern though. We can't fumble every time you get wrapped up in the pocket. When he's getting spun around he's got the rock in one hand.
That was the only pass I thought he threw well last night. The others were very suspect to me.

Even if you HATE Tannehill, you have to admit Moore is not good. He's a backup QB for a reason. He even accepts it and has for years now. I was worried Moore would be the guy after RT went down. Cutler actually looks like an NFL QB. Moore is nothing more than a great insurance plan. Hopefully never to be used again lol

Even if you HATE Tannehill, you have to admit Moore is not good. He's a backup QB for a reason. He even accepts it and has for years now. I was worried Moore would be the guy after RT went down. Cutler actually looks like an NFL QB. Moore is nothing more than a great insurance plan. Hopefully never to be used again lol
Moore also has a rag arm. The guy is done.

10 mil taken away from next season, superbowl incoming! and way more ints in his career than moore for % of pt... good thing we got jay int machine cutler though! preseason champs, gase's panic is now spun into a great job! OP is usually a good poster but this endless support of coaches bs no matter how much they mess up has gotten real old. Without a doubt gase lost a lot of respect in the locker room for that move, wait til the season is over to praise it if you want to because on the surface it looks terrible given moore's and cutler's history and the money he had to give up to get a guy who seemingly didn't care about football from most reports. Remember, most people said all those rumors about cutler last year were just nonsense, turns out not so much, so maybe the he doesn't care stuff isn't far off either because first chance gase gets he chases after him.

Could careless to start an argument with a fellow fin fan but what did Cutler/Gase do wrong to get the verbal bashing lol We aren't preseason anything. We are 1-2 and our Defense looks like ****. If we're going to be real then we should at least admit that Cutler has done a good job for us. He has no Ints. He consistently brought us down the field and we finished off the drives. Cutler could have had 3 Tds if you look at Parker getting caught from the back and Stills pass Int call. As of right now, Gase is 10-6 as the Dolphins Head Coach and brought us to the playoffs. If Gase was 4-12 last year, there would be nobody on this board saying he's a good coach. As an offensive coach, he sure has made our Offense into something to watch. Give it a chance brother and then if you feel like bashing go right ahead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom