Matt moore vs david garrard vs ryan tannehill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt moore vs david garrard vs ryan tannehill

is going to be a very tough battle if Garrard is healthy, but Moore should start with what he did last year.

'IMO Matty Moore is already the 2nd best QB in the division. So if either Garrard or T-hill beat him out in a legitimate TC competition, it will be an upgrade even beyond that! As I think MM has demonstrated that valuable leadership intangible where I don't necessarily think Garrard possesses to that extent, I'd prefer to see Matty win out so that his infectious team enthusiasm and confidence can start rubbing off on Ryan.

Everyone on here knows that the kid is our future, but if Matt beats out David in pre-season my opinion is based on his performance last year he deserves to start the opening game.

The ideal situation IMO would be to have only Moore & Garrard take snaps this season.

I too have confidence in this coaching staff. If as Roman says, RT17 is the starter by week 8 then so be it.

In my opinion what should be the deciding after determining that he is good enough to compete with the other 2 right now, is can we protect him. Someone else mentioned David Carr and Joey Harrington. They both got hit a ton as young qbs and that's what can spoil a good prospect quick. I do believe we have good talent on the oline and as long as they look good zone blocking before week one I don't see a problem starting Tannehil on the 1st snap.

i rather tannehill make his rookie mistakes no that there's no wr on the team and next year he will be ready once we sign a free agent or drat a premier rookie wr

T-Hill has been learning this offense for the last 4 years. Moore and Garrard this is year one.

T-Hill starts day one.

If Matt Moore was 6-3 his last 9 games and Tannehill beats him out right then that is a good thing. Tannehill needs to get used to the defensive formations and the progressions.

Maybe we could lock them up in a steel cage and let them fight it out. First one to touch the floor wins the starting job.

'IMO Matty Moore is already the 2nd best QB in the division. So if either Garrard or T-hill beat him out in a legitimate TC competition, it will be an upgrade even beyond that! As I think MM has demonstrated that valuable leadership intangible where I don't necessarily think Garrard possesses to that extent, I'd prefer to see Matty win out so that his infectious team enthusiasm and confidence can start rubbing off on Ryan.

I agree. If Tannehill's starts he is not going to be very good IMHO. That might destroy his confidence like it has many high pick rookies. Matt Moore looked decent last year and definitely impressed me more ad a QB and leader than Gerrard ever has. I'm hoping and betting its Moore. Although, I'm sure he will split reps in practice with Tannehill until the pressure starts to mount on Philbin.

I think Moore will win out in TC, but even if Tannehill looks better they will probably wait until the O-Line is stabilized and has shown that it can protect a first round investment.

I wouldn't be surprised if Garrard gets cut before the season starts. Maybe some kind of injury waiver thing...

I just say let the best man (QB) win. If its a open competition, then with the knowledge of the WCO Tannehill should be much better than the other two.

Back
Top Bottom