Matt moore vs david garrard vs ryan tannehill | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt moore vs david garrard vs ryan tannehill

I would think that MM starts the season based on what we saw from him the last 9 games of last season. I'm game for whoever wins out in TC and preseason. I'm split on starting RT at the beginning of the season. On one hand, rookie QBs have been able to come in and make an immediate impact for their teams the past few seasons. On the other hand, letting him sit and absorb the game for a little bit may help him out. He knows the offense and the coaches seem to know what they are doing (considering they helped groom Aaron Rodgers). As for Garrard, if he can come in and win the starting spot and subsequently win some games, then I'm all for that. I've resigned to the fact that this is not a "win now" team, but if any one of the QBs steps up and makes us a competitor then bring it on.

MM is the likely starter though. I'm hoping he can play similar to the last 9 games PLUS adding some consistency through having an off-season with the team. I couldn't stand MM last year, but the man brought some excitement into being a Dolfan. After seeing what he did without an off-season with the team, he deserves a shot. The biggest downfalls for MM in my opinion is that he pretty much locked his sight on Marshall last season, and he had trouble with quick passes in traffic (a staple of the WCO). I'm not so sure how he will fair without a big receiver and with the faster playing style.

I'm seriously hoping RT is our man. The ceiling has been set pretty high for him so hopefully he can deliver.

If the team doesnt play favorites Matt Moore is the starter and should be. But if they do what the last staff did , thats our guy and we are gonna play him then Ryan starts.

Matt Moore vs David Garrard vs Ryan Tannehill, who do u guys think will be the starter when we play the Texans week 1?.......Honestly im kinda hoping that matt moore has a 2010 season like and not the 6-3 2011 season for this season coming up. Then that would make the battle against Garrard and Tannehill. I feel like by week 9 Tannehill starts and have a heck of a year as a rookie qb and beyond for us, i feel like he will have a better year/career then luck and rg3, i could be wrong but as a fan i can only hope and pray for it

View attachment 8740

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1171033-predicting-the-miami-dolphins-quarterback-battle

So you are hoping that Moore fails!?!? I dont see the logic in that.. Not sure how that helps the team.

I hope Moore can out right win the starting job in training camp but once things start to go bad we better hand the keys to the franchise over to Tannehill....He's a smart kid who will be able to pick up the rest of the playbook fast. His ability to read NFL coverages will ultimately determine how well he does as a rookie.

Why would a team that has suffered as long as the fins take a QB in the first round andlet him sit? If he has no grasp of the offense I get it. What would we possibly gain from letting T-hill sit? If we are going to be a mediocre team (no slam, not hatin') then this guy needs to be part of the reason. What is the advantage to T-hills' growth and experience by letting him sit and watch. If he is not the starter he will not get the majority of the reps in practice. If he is not the starter how can he adjust to the game speed of the NFL? These are some of the arguments I read and they do not add up to any logical thinkning. If he sits and we have a winning season how did he benefit? Same goes on the other side of the coun. My main point is if you draft a Qb that is supposed to be the answer and he has a grasp of the offense then you play him. The only reason I would not start him beyond injury is if he did not understand the offense enough to be productive.

The biggest downfalls for MM in my opinion is that he pretty much locked his sight on Marshall last season, and he had trouble with quick passes in traffic (a staple of the WCO).

I think it was clear that with B Marshall on the field he was always the first choice and often the only choice because that is the way he wanted it to be.

Back
Top Bottom