Matt Ryan- Numbers speak for themselves!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Ryan- Numbers speak for themselves!!

Just watch the replay of the 2008 QB skills competition.

Brennen won the accuracy - the announcer remined everybody of the Georigia game(no pass rush)
Flacco won the long ball 80yrs - the announcers reminded everbody of the JaMarcus throwing from his knees.
Henne had the NFL "IT" does couldn't hit the boardslide of a barn.

Matt Ryan - easy the best looking QB, arm(almost equaled Flacco), accuracy, intangibles.

McShay had a serious man-crush on Ryan.

Right and that's why every gm says he's the best QB in the country.

so what.. maybe he is the best in "this" draft.. that has nothing to do with his value at number one.. he isn't worth it. BTW, can you show us a link demonstrating this outlandish claim ? It really shows an agenda when you exaggerate things to bolster an already weak argument. Hell, in "my" opinion, we already have a kid on our roster better than him.

so what.. maybe he is the best in "this" draft.. that has nothing to do with his value at number one.. he isn't worth it. BTW, can you show us a link demonstrating this outlandish claim ? It really shows an agenda when you exaggerate things to bolster an already weak argument. Hell, in "my" opinion, we already have a kid on our roster better than him.

heckert and casserly as stated in previous posts. look em up yourself.

heckert and casserly as stated in previous posts. look em up yourself.

not my job, I didn't make the statement.. you did, the onus of proof is upon YOU... and again, so what.. all that means is he's the best qb, and THAT has nothing to do with his comparative value to Dorsey or Long. The last thing we need to do is overpay for a mediocre qb.

not my job, I didn't make the statement.. you did, the onus of proof is upon YOU... and again, so what.. all that means is he's the best qb, and THAT has nothing to do with his comparative value to Dorsey or Long. The last thing we need to do is overpay for a mediocre qb.
It would be my job if I cared enough to dig it up. As to comparative value, in the article where Heckert was quoted 2 GMS picked Ryan with first overall, two C Long, two McFadden, one Dorsey. The Casserly one I dont remember if they went into number one overall. I just remember he was consensus number one QB by a poll of all 32 GMS

It would be my job if I cared enough to dig it up. As to comparative value, in the article where Heckert was quoted 2 GMS picked Ryan with first overall, two C Long, two McFadden, one Dorsey. The Casserly one I dont remember if they went into number one overall. I just remember he was consensus number one QB by a poll of all 32 GMS

I see, well, we aren't in vip I guess, you can get away with unsupported claims that out here.

I see, well, we aren't in vip I guess, you can get away with unsupported claims that out here.
Tell you what. I'll dig em up if you agree to sport a Matt Ryan sig. Ive been on this site for several years now and have never posted a false story. So if Im going to go through the trouble then I need to be rewarded. By now my word should be enough

Tell you what. I'll dig em up if you agree to sport a Matt Ryan sig. Ive been on this site for several years now and have never posted a false story. So if Im going to go through the trouble then I need to be rewarded

not on your life bro.. I didn't make the statement.. but that's ok, kinna odd you feel you need to look for a reward to do the right thing, I really don't care all that much, it is irrelevant anyway. The best qb in this draft is barely a top 5 pick, and certainly not a number one.

Any QB taken in any draft has the potential of being the next Ryan Leaf. Brady Quinn and John Beck are still a risk of being what we fear most. But theres a chance that both could end up being the next great QB. You can't judge Beck by what went on last year, the way the Dolphins were disorganized and out of sync from the start. As confusing as it was for Ronnie Brown and the running backs it had to be tough on a rookie QB.
I agree that we shouldn't use the #1 pick on Matt Ryan but I like the idea of the Dolphins taking the quarterback position seriously and not an afterthought as they have done for such a long time before Beck was drafted. The days of picking up usable 2nd and 3rd string QBs are over hopefully.

their is no argument, matt ryan is a consensus franchise calibur qb. john beck was never considered a franchise qb. most experts have ryan as a franchise guy beck was rated by many to be the 5th best qb last year.

Matt Ryan = Alex Smith as far as comparative value goes with respect to each draft. Smith was considered the top qb prospect in his draft by the majority. After Indy, I don't doubt that Ryan will be in the same boat. I'm glad we have John Beck and don't have to worry about taking Ryan at #1 we have many other needs.

Is all that really neccessary...Thats all his numbers say???

I do believe,If Im not mistaken that he is 24-7 as a starter....

thats better than miamis record since....well...for a long time(im talking about how many wins get gets per season).

infact...his talent was probably a little worse than ours,ephasizing on "LITTLE".

If Matt can win 24-7 with that kind of offense,let alone team,he would do wonder for Miami.

Last time I checked,if he were an average QB,he wouldn't win 24 games with the talent we basically have(with the exception of Ronnie Brown),something no one has done in Miami in a long time.

With Ryan,if he can take that sorry JV team called Boston College to 24 wins,than the sky is the limit for Ryan in Miami,basically Miami is a V team,I believe Ryan can make the transition just fine.

P.S.

If Ryan hadn't taken so many chance,he wouldn't have won 24 games.In the NFL,you have to be willing to throw the ball into the wrong hands,or other wise youre holding back,and thats something Miami needs,someone to "push the envelope" once in a while.You can NEVER win in the NFL if you aren't willing to take chances.

You don't think Ryan's won-lost record has anything to do with that very good defense BC has?

alex smith compares more to john beck in that they both played the same spread offense and a pretty soft schedule

Just watch the replay of the 2008 QB skills competition.

Brennen won the accuracy - the announcer remined everybody of the Georigia game(no pass rush)
Flacco won the long ball 80yrs - the announcers reminded everbody of the JaMarcus throwing from his knees.
Henne had the NFL "IT" does couldn't hit the boardslide of a barn.

Matt Ryan - easy the best looking QB, arm(almost equaled Flacco), accuracy, intangibles.

McShay had a serious man-crush on Ryan.

Ryan arm almost equalled to Flacco... no no no
Ryan doesn't come close to the strength and zip on the throws. Ryan though is more of an accurate QB and puts the ball where needed, but wont be able to squeeze it into tight spaces like Flacco would be able too.

Flacco is less accurate intermediately, but has the zip and strength to make some plays Ryan wouldn't be able too.

alex smith compares more to john beck in that they both played the same spread offense and a pretty soft schedule

Beck and Smith played in a spread offense but they were anything but the same. The spread offense Beck ran was based off the one run by Texas Tech where the QB is not asked to do a lot of running, if any. The spread offense Smith ran is the Urban Meyer spread and requires the QB to run quite often.

Back
Top Bottom