Matt Ryan Pro-day | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Ryan Pro-day

Matt Ryan Pro Day[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chiefs coach Herman Edwards commented on Matt Ryan's performance[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]..."I thought he pressed a a couple times, trying to throw the ball a little too hard," Edwards said. "That's generally what happens with quarterbacks, when you get the media there, but the thing this guy has is his ability to win"...Vikings V.P. of player personnel Rick Spielman agreed with Edwards' assessment, but also noted that he moves around better than advertised.[/FONT]

Spielman liked him, if that ain't the kiss of death. If I was Ryan's agent I would ask him not to speak about his client.

Matt Ryan Pro Day[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chiefs coach Herman Edwards commented on Matt Ryan's performance[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]..."I thought he pressed a a couple times, trying to throw the ball a little too hard," Edwards said. "That's generally what happens with quarterbacks, when you get the media there, but the thing this guy has is his ability to win"...Vikings V.P. of player personnel Rick Spielman agreed with Edwards' assessment, but also noted that he moves around better than advertised.[/FONT]

Rick Speilman and Herm Edwards...there's a real set of minds for ya!!!

Rick Speilman and Herm Edwards...there's a real set of minds for ya!!!

Two divisional rejects weighing in on an overhyped prospect. There's so much fail in such a cramped space it might just overflow :lol:

And if the Dolphins select him and he turns out to be another Ryan...L....we'll never hear the end of that either.
You don't need a franchise QB to win games or the Superbowl...but you need a great team around a decent QB.

I would hope some fans would give our FO credit for trying to fill the most important position

the Chargers kept drafting QB's, gee I wouldn't want to be in there position right now:rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:.

it could be that our FO grades Flacco slightly lower than Ryan or they really like some other QB(Beck included). that is why I said they better have a good reason.

god help any fan who whines about not filling Marino's shoes and then whines when the QB we draft fails and thank god Parcells has Ron Wolf's ear

And if the Dolphins select him and he turns out to be another Ryan...L....we'll never hear the end of that either.
You don't need a franchise QB to win games or the Superbowl...but you need a great team around a decent QB.

Fishypete, I have disagreed with you many times. But I think, for once, we agree on something.

Ryan completed passes to receivers he has worked out 8 hours a day for 3 months with. No freaking way. He has to be a franchise QB.

Actually you need both. Sure you can shoot for that 5% to 10% chance of winning a SuperBowl with an average QB but you have a better chance being in the 90% camp

Matt Ryan Pro Day[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...Matt Ryan had an impressive workout in front of a large contingent of NFL decision makers today...Ryan threw 52 passes in his workout and completed every pass but one, which was dropped by his receiver.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]YES!!!!![/FONT]

Good for Matt. I hope a team falls in love with him and is willing to trade up.

I don't put a whole lot of stock into the personal pro days. They are pretty much scripted by the player and his people to make him look good. IMO, the combine is a bit more of a pressure situation when dealing with unknown WRs and throwing the routes the coaches request. However, both are just used to confirm what a recruiter has already seen in the game film.

IIRC, a few years back, Alex Smith had his personal pro day and completed all of his passes. The pro scouts were agog after his performance and they were gushing to the media about his skills.

Alex may turn out to be a good NFL QB, but, to date, he has been a disappointment for the first overall pick in the draft.

so true, they've traded Deangelo Hall and now have 3 2nd round picks, gimme some of those and your first, thankyou very much lol

I was thinking the same thing. We should drop down a couple spots with Atlanta,,,,we give them the #1 overall pick for the Falcon's #3 overall, and one of the Falcon's 2nd rounders. We could still get one of the Longs plus another starter in the 2nd round. :up:

I was thinking the same thing. We should drop down a couple spots with Atlanta,,,,we give them the #1 overall pick for the Falcon's #3 overall, and one of the Falcon's 2nd rounders. We could still get one of the Longs plus another starter in the 2nd round. :up:

We want Atlanta's #34 pick plus Atlanta's 1st rounder pick #3 and they can have him ! SOLD

Bring on Gholston or a Long !

Back
Top Bottom