Matt Ryan Pro-day | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Ryan Pro-day

Apparently Ryan's mobility is far better than expected and his accuracy while on the move was excellent according to NFL Network

It is big news when a "snail" shows the mobility of a "turtle".. :sidelol:

Adam, I couldn't resist. ;)

Yes, Mayock had nice things to say about Ryan. Mayock did mention that scouts were a bit dissapointed that Ryan's balls didn't have a tight spiral.

Matt Ryan Pro Day[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...Matt Ryan had an impressive workout in front of a large contingent of NFL decision makers today...Ryan threw 52 passes in his workout and completed every pass but one, which was dropped by his receiver.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Actually, three passes were dropped, and one was overthrown. Either you're a Matt Ryan fan, or this is another smoke-screen. ;)

Great news, it sounds as if everything went extremely well for Ryan today. He made all of his throws, and even surprised those in attendance with his mobility. His stock is certainly rising, and it looks as though more and more teams are starting to show serious interest in him. I think this franchise, {considering how lousy our own QB situation has been for the last decade}, would be extremely stupid to pass on Ryan now. He's a winner who has all the goods, and that's exactly what this franchise needs heading into the future. They better not blow this!!!!!

IN TUNALAND WE TRUST!!!!!

On the other hand if he's a bust this team will take 3-5 yrs to recover.

I dont understand how this can be true. How can it take us 3-5 years to recover? Arent you one of the many around here who are championing Beck? If Ryan busts, then wont we still have the 2nd coming of Joe Montana on our team in John Beck? We wont miss a beat if Ryan fails. Unless you now all of the sudden have watched those games Beck played last year without your slanted view of Beck is good and everyone else on the team sucks.

I dont understand how this can be true. How can it take us 3-5 years to recover? Arent you one of the many around here who are championing Beck? If Ryan busts, then wont we still have the 2nd coming of Joe Montana on our team in John Beck? We wont miss a beat if Ryan fails. Unless you now all of the sudden have watched those games Beck played last year without your slanted view of Beck is good and everyone else on the team sucks.

That would be because we now would be paying Matty Iced Cube to hold the clip board for 61+mil. Instead of having a stud LT or stud DE/OLB, you can't spend cap money that's tied up in a busted draft pick.

Actually you need both. Sure you can shoot for that 5% to 10% chance of winning a SuperBowl with an average QB but you have a better chance being in the 90% camp

Last year no one thought that Eli was worth a hoot...now he's a Superbowl winner...The Redskins have won with three different QB's...two that didn't have great career's...until they won the Superbowl. How long did it take Elway...until the Broncos built a team around him...something the Dolphins never did for Marino. Steve Young stunk...until he went to a great team...how did Montana do when he went to K.C.? How about the Ravens...they won with who?

more than one observer noted Ryan appeared to be "pressing". I thought he was "Matty Ice"? if he gets nervous in his scripted workout, how is he going to perform with Rodney Harrison and Richard Seymour coming at him?

http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/2008/03/matt-ryan-pressed-at-his-pro-day.html

Yeah, no reason to be nervous. It was only what could be considered the most important couple of hours in his professional career, maybe his life.

I'm not a proponent of Ryan over Beck OR Beck over Ryan. But somewhere in the room with that young man was a person that was going to make the decision that will forever change his life. Every eye was on Ryan, and what he did on that day could make the difference in MILLIONS of dollars, his long term success, and where in this great country he might live. I think any man in his early 20's would press alittle in that situation.

Last year no one thought that Eli was worth a hoot...now he's a Superbowl winner...The Redskins have won with three different QB's...two that didn't have great career's...until they won the Superbowl. How long did it take Elway...until the Broncos built a team around him...something the Dolphins never did for Marino. Steve Young stunk...until he went to a great team...how did Montana do when he went to K.C.? How about the Ravens...they won with who?

You could add Big Ben in there aswell, nobody can say this kid is great by any means. He's good but nothing that scares you like TB and PM.

What's your point? You just named 4 HOFers, 3 of whom won multiple super bowls. Of course you need a good team but it starts with the QB.

Back
Top Bottom