Matt walsh tapes are audio tapes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt walsh tapes are audio tapes

satz

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
yeap ,seems like the tapes walsh has are audio tapes of his conversation with scott and him .hence his whole damaging to pats thing.

his audio tapes are his conversation with scott piolli .It involves scouting info and i see something to do with how they manupulate the draft.like went allof fregurson in the draft and then pick the guy they wanted and jets believing it pick that dude.

So how does one video tape a walk thru with an audio recorder?

I don't see how you can logically conclude that Walsh's tapes = audio only. To be sure, Pioli said the guy surrepitiously made audio recordings of conversations between the two of them, but that doesn't exclude the existence of video tapes, unless you have some other source.

I don't see how you can logically conclude that Walsh's tapes = audio only. To be sure, Pioli said the guy surrepitiously made audio recordings of conversations between the two of them, but that doesn't exclude the existence of video tapes, unless you have some other source.

From the espn story today it just didn't sound like this Walsh guy was ever in a position with the Patriots to video tape a rams walk thru. I could be wrong who knows but the fact that he was caught and fired for secretly taping GM Pioli Mr Walsh is looking more like a guy with an ax to grind to me.

Something else bothersome is his insistance on blanket immunity weather he tells the truth or not? If were interested in the truth why should anyone be given a free pass to lie without repercussions? If you lie about me and I can prove your testimony is lies why shouldn't I have the right to defend myself and go after you? I think thats a right none of us would be willing to give up especially to someone with a shadow already haging over him.

From the espn story today it just didn't sound like this Walsh guy was ever in a position with the Patriots to video tape a rams walk thru. I could be wrong who knows but the fact that he was caught and fired for secretly taping GM Pioli Mr Walsh is looking more like a guy with an ax to grind to me.

Something else bothersome is his insistance on blanket immunity weather he tells the truth or not? If were interested in the truth why should anyone be given a free pass to lie without repercussions? If you lie about me and I can prove your testimony is lies why shouldn't I have the right to defend myself and go after you? I think thats a right none of us would be willing to give up especially to someone with a shadow already haging over him.

As to the immunity issue; I do understand his caution. Walsh may make a statement or answer a question which he believes to be true, however, he can't prove it one way or the other. Meanwhile the Pats dispute Walsh's statement and say he's not being truthful. Under the currently proposed indemnity agreement, Walsh would still be vulnerable to a lawsuit. Regardless of who ultimately wins the lawsuit, Walsh still loses simply because he doesn't have the resources available to him that the NFL has.
There's no easy way to resolve that issue, IMO. Obviously the NFL isn't going to agree to giving Walsh a "license to lie". And Walsh isn't going to be agreeable to leaving himself open to a lawsuit.

As to the immunity issue; I do understand his caution. Walsh may make a statement or answer a question which he believes to be true, however, he can't prove it one way or the other. Meanwhile the Pats dispute Walsh's statement and say he's not being truthful. Under the currently proposed indemnity agreement, Walsh would still be vulnerable to a lawsuit. Regardless of who ultimately wins the lawsuit, Walsh still loses simply because he doesn't have the resources available to him that the NFL has.
There's no easy way to resolve that issue, IMO. Obviously the NFL isn't going to agree to giving Walsh a "license to lie". And Walsh isn't going to be agreeable to leaving himself open to a lawsuit.

I hear ya. I wonder seeing as Mr Walsh has a lawyer that his lawyer permit him to testify on the items that he can actually prove are truthful?

If he is sly enough to tape private conversations, who knows what this weasel has?

Perhaps a detailed account of the entire Pat-cheat-agenda straight from the lips of Belichick himself, maybe parties with pretty little Thai lady boys popping out of sponge cake footballs and into the lap of Kraft....who knows?

Anyone who resorts to such tactics does it for two reasons, either for personal protection for when the hammer comes down or blackmail.

In any case, as this thing unfolds, he starts to shape up as the type who would be recruited to fit the NE culture of corruption in the first place.

If he is sly enough to tape private conversations, who knows what this weasel has?

Perhaps a detailed account of the entire Pat-cheat-agenda straight from the lips of Belichick himself, maybe parties with pretty little Thai lady boys popping out of sponge cake footballs and into the lap of Kraft....who knows?

Anyone who resorts to such tactics does it for two reasons, either for personal protection for when the hammer comes down or blackmail.

In any case, as this thing unfolds, he starts to shape up as the type who would be recruited to fit the NE culture of corruption in the first place.

If that were the true culture in NE and the type of person so desired by the franchise then why isn't Mr walsh still employed there?

As you said yourself he's a weisel and it sounds like a weisel with an ax to grind. I can see why the league won't give him blanket ammunity.

It does sound like him and Senator Specter are cut from the same cloth though.

I would like to see a source for this.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it

From Sportsline:
Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli also told the newspaper that part of the reason Walsh was fired in January 2003 was because he secretly recorded conversations between himself and Pioli.
Michael Levy, Walsh's attorney, said Pioli's account was a "complete fabrication."
"This is a predictable and pathetic effort to smear Mr. Walsh's character rather than confront the truth about the Patriots' conduct," Levy said in the Globe story.
Levy has said his client is willing to turn over videotapes he made for the team if the NFL guarantees Walsh protection from lawsuits or other legal action.

No audio tapes were found, it seems.(maybe these tapes are completly different from the Video tapes?) Pioli claimed that Walsh was fired because Walsh taped their conversations.
Satz, I think you may have misinterpreted something there.

If that were the true culture in NE and the type of person so desired by the franchise then why isn't Mr walsh still employed there?

As you said yourself he's a weisel and it sounds like a weisel with an ax to grind. I can see why the league won't give him blanket ammunity.

It does sound like him and Senator Specter are cut from the same cloth though.

Maybe it wasn't appreciated when this weasel started practicing his craft, or should I say "Kraft", in house.

Yes, Specter should don an Eagles cap and jearsy when conducting a news confrence. The fact that remains, which tends to get over looked with the emergance of this Walsh business, is that when this whole thing came to light Goodell allowed the Pats to investigate themselves, sent a couple of 2nd tier flunkies to confirm the existance of whatever evidence emerged, then had it destroyed before it saw the light of day.

A prime example of the fox investigating the disappearance of the chickens from the hen house.

I believe the insidious way the whole operation (not investigation) was carried out to begin with is more damning in the minds of the public than anything Walsh may or may not have at this point.

It is also what probably got Specter's knickers in knot in the first place. By not being up front and forth comming, Goodell and the Pats set themselves up for the mess they are in now.

The whole shady proceedure, the way it all was handled to begin with, lends itself to the assumption of further guilt and justice denied.

Maybe it wasn't appreciated when this weasel started practicing his craft, or should I say "Kraft", in house.

Yes, Specter should don an Eagles cap and jearsy when conducting a news confrence. The fact that remains, which tends to get over looked with the emergance of this Walsh business, is that when this whole thing came to light Goodell allowed the Pats to investigate themselves, sent a couple of 2nd tier flunkies to confirm the existance of whatever evidence emerged, then had it destroyed before it saw the light of day.

A prime example of the fox investigating the disappearance of the chickens from the hen house.

I believe the insidious way the whole operation (not investigation) was carried out to begin with is more daming in the minds of the public than anything Walsh may or may not have at this point.

It is also what probably got Specter's knickers in knot in the first place. By not being up front and forth comming, Goodell and the Pats set themselves up for the mess they are in now.

The whole shady proceedure, the way it all was handled to begin with, lends itself to the assumption of further guilt and justice denied.

I think this is and has been standard operating procedure for the league as to how they've handled things in the past. Had the jets not "leaked" (I use that term very losely) the video to the press I have no doubt the league would have never even mentioned it to the public.

Single bullet Specter or not we'll never really get to the bottom of this.

I think this is and has been standard operating procedure for the league as to how they've handled things in the past. Had the jets not "leaked" (I use that term very losely) the video to the press I have no doubt the league would have never even mentioned it to the public.

You know what always seems to get lost in this whole "Spygate" thing is how Mangini totally ****ed over his old coach!

I wonder if he knew the **** was gonna hit the fan like this when he blew the whistle on Bellicheat...

As Dr. Z said in his Friday column, many folks around the League think quite the opposite in that it's Goodell's relationship with Kraft (you know, the powerful owner who helped him get hired?) that many people think is causing the NFL to go easy on the Pats*. I personally agree with that theory.

I also think that Goodell knows his star is tied to there being no findings of anything else here, no matter what that takes, since he's personally going to take incredible heat for anything else that comes out here since he botched the job to protect his boss to begin with. The Pats* and Goodell's interests remain aligned here in terms of just trying to keep covering all this up. Hence things like this weekend's revelation that the League apparently has spent more time investigating Walsh's personal life using an ex-FBI man than it has in looking into what Walsh knows about the Pats* (kind of funny how a video dept. employee was not among the folks they originally contacted--a little mindboggling to us non-homers, isn't it?).

The only way this thing gets aired fairly is for Specter or Congress to look into it--that or a lawsuit forcing the League's/Pats* hands, but that latter option will take years with the high-priced lawyers the League will retain. (On that note, it's interesting that McKee Nelson, Walsh's law firm, is actually a large sized respectable law firm in NY--I've got an old colleague who's of counsel there--and not some small time shyster shop.) Personally, I suspect that once Specter and Congress have their way here, both Goodell and BB will be searching for new work.....

As Dr. Z said in his Friday column, many folks around the League think quite the opposite in that it's Goodell's relationship with Kraft (you know, the powerful owner who helped him get hired?) that many people think is causing the NFL to go easy on the Pats*. I personally agree with that theory.

I also think that Goodell knows his star is tied to there being no findings of anything else here, no matter what that takes, since he's personally going to take incredible heat for anything else that comes out here since he botched the job to protect his boss to begin with. The Pats* and Goodell's interests remain aligned here in terms of just trying to keep covering all this up. Hence things like this weekend's revelation that the League apparently has spent more time investigating Walsh's personal life using an ex-FBI man than it has in looking into what Walsh knows about the Pats* (kind of funny how a video dept. employee was not among the folks they originally contacted--a little mindboggling to us non-homers, isn't it?).

The only way this thing gets aired fairly is for Specter or Congress to look into it--that or a lawsuit forcing the League's/Pats* hands, but that latter option will take years with the high-priced lawyers the League will retain. (On that note, it's interesting that McKee Nelson, Walsh's law firm, is actually a large sized respectable law firm in NY--I've got an old colleague who's of counsel there--and not some small time shyster shop.) Personally, I suspect that once Specter and Congress have their way here, both Goodell and BB will be searching for new work.....

I wouldn't put all my eggs in the Arlen Specter basket for getting to the bottom of this. He's clearly got a conflict of interest in all this as comcast is one of his biggest campaign contributors and we know the battle that has been raging over the league owned NFLN and its denial to sell its program to the comcast and the other cable companies.

I read a copy of his first letter to the comissioner about the camera gate thing and he only asked weather the comissioner had evidence thru the tape or notes of the pats cheating in their SB vs the eagles. He's not the guy that instills truth bearing for me. I wouldn't be surprised to see the league cut a deal with the cable companies to broadcast NFLN the way they choose and the senator to hand the public some lame excuse that he's satisified and then disappear. I see way too many people in bed together on this to ever believe we'll really know the truth. Remember Specter is first and foremost an attorney and I wouldn't trust one of them as far as I could throw them. Do a google search on Arlen Specter and you'll get some insight as to his past searches for truth.

Back
Top Bottom