Matty Ice No.1 Makes Most Sense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matty Ice No.1 Makes Most Sense

slipperysoap

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/858/story/452401.html

You all know I want us to draft Matty Ice No.1. John Beck is a bust and I dont want to wait around another year for the rest of the football world to realize what I allready know. The Brady Quinn trade does not look like it is going to go thru. :boohoo:

Here is an excerpt from the top 3 picks of the Mock draft from this article which just came out this afternoon. 3-11-08

1 - Dolphins - Chris Long, DE/OLB, Virginia (6-3, 272) - Just look at Bill Parcells' track record, which includes dealing Keyshawn Johnson for multiple picks while he was with the Jets, and otherwise pushing hard for the almost exclusive selection of first-round defenders during all of his coaching stops. Parcells will look hard at trading the pick for multiple selections later on - getting bodies in Miami is the number one priority right now - but with no suitors, he'll once again choose a difference-making defensive player.

2 - Rams - Jake Long, T, Michigan (6-7, 313) - Not much of a decision to be made here. The Rams' main Achilles' heel has been the offensive line, and they happen to be in position to select the best o-lineman in the draft. Long figures to begin his career on the right side, before eventually taking over for Orlando Pace on the left.

3 - Falcons - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College (6-5, 228) - Word out of Atlanta is that owner Arthur Blank is enamored with Ryan, who will help give his beleaguered franchise a face to be marketed in the post-Vick, post-Petrino era. Also, Ryan should be as ready as any college QB to step in and play on day one, as he played in a pro system at B.C. and looks to have strong mental makeup. :D

If this statement in red is true why on earth would we not draft him No.1 Overall and start him from day one? This team needs a new Dan Marino a new franchise QB and we are just going to hand him off to the Falcons and put all our eggs on freakin John Beck and Josh McCown? :unsure:

I would not even trade down with the Falcons unless they gave us a kings ransom in picks and players. We cannot take Chris Long which is going to be another Matt Roth and his only claim to fame is that he is Howie Longs son. Wow we drafted another cornfed linebacker. Superbowl here we come. Get Real.

This draft will really suck if we do not draft Matt Ryan. Every season the team and some fans find some kind of excuse not to draft a QB in the first round. That is why we are were we are as a franchise. Not because of the coaching changes and the busts in the draft. It's because there is zero commitment to draft a top tier quarterback in the draft. The Dolphins settle for garbage throw aways from other teams and second round physically chalenged money bargains like John Beck who will be 28 years old in September in his second year and people on here will jump on his bandwagon wanting to give him a second chance when it is obvious he is a bust. I suspect these are the same fans that wanted to give Cam Cameron's 1-15 debacle a sequel.

:alert:FLAME AWAY:alert:

I'm not even going to waste my time with this. Its been said countless times.

I was never banned! I took a self imposed hiatus from posting and now I am back. for the record I am offically welcomed at Finheaven and the tuna no matter what you or anyone else says will draft MATTY ICE.

Call it hometown bias, but this kid Flacco from Delaware is the truth. people think he is a "system quarterback" and that is far from the truth. he is a damn good quarterback and also 6 foot 6 with a rocket, laser arm... sound firmiliar? I talked to him before he went to the combines and after he came back from the college skills competition he said he was mad he only threw the ball 77 yards because they were using a smaller ball than usual. i guess to make the other guys look better but it didnt do him any justice because his arm is that strong. not only is his arm strong his core is strong too. i know he only played against 1AA competition but this guy was throwing DTs and DEs to the ground, scrambling, then throwing it accurately 50 yards down the field to 6 foot tall receivers. i mean i can not stress the fact enough that he is the best QB in the draft and it is not Matt Ryan!

Matt Ryan isnt even top 5 material. He has average athleticism he was no where near the passer Beck was in College. Just like most QB's if you don't have a solid Oline he will make mistakes (see his INT's and Fumbles)

If Ryan was the QB ESPN make out to be then he should be light years better than Brohm and Henne but he isnt. Miami is going to give Beck a shot which warrants why we wouldn't draft a QB 1st overall. Face it were drafting either Jake Long or Chris Long.

Matt Ryan isnt even top 5 material. He has average athleticism he was no where near the passer Beck was in College. Just like most QB's if you don't have a solid Oline he will make mistakes (see his INT's and Fumbles)

If Ryan was the QB ESPN make out to be then he should be light years better than Brohm and Henne but he isnt. Miami is going to give Beck a shot which warrants why we wouldn't draft a QB 1st overall. Face it were drafting either Jake Long or Chris Long.

Of course ESPN also had Reggie Bush as being the absolute best thing since sliced bread (Or pockets on shirts...whatever).

Matt Ryan is going to spend MUCH time on the bench, and MUCH of somebodies Cap-space....

Also, IF I was Matt Ryan, and I caught ANYBODY calling me "Matty Ice". I would hunt you down and beat you.:up:

Of course ESPN also had Reggie Bush as being the absolute best thing since sliced bread (Or pockets on shirts...whatever).

Matt Ryan is going to spend MUCH time on the bench, and MUCH of somebodies Cap-space....

Also, IF I was Matt Ryan, and I caught ANYBODY calling me "Matty Ice". I would hunt you down and beat you.:up:

I know.. what a bottom name.

OT: Whats the chances of you having exactly 600 thanks, while giving exactly 600 thanks at the same time Marty:lol:

Also, you were absolutely on target about FFIC..Thanks

http://www.miamiherald.com/858/story/452401.html

You all know I want us to draft Matty Ice No.1. John Beck is a bust and I dont want to wait around another year for the rest of the football world to realize what I allready know. The Brady Quinn trade does not look like it is going to go thru. :boohoo:

Here is an excerpt from the top 3 picks of the Mock draft from this article which just came out this afternoon. 3-11-08

1 - Dolphins - Chris Long, DE/OLB, Virginia (6-3, 272) - Just look at Bill Parcells' track record, which includes dealing Keyshawn Johnson for multiple picks while he was with the Jets, and otherwise pushing hard for the almost exclusive selection of first-round defenders during all of his coaching stops. Parcells will look hard at trading the pick for multiple selections later on - getting bodies in Miami is the number one priority right now - but with no suitors, he'll once again choose a difference-making defensive player.

2 - Rams - Jake Long, T, Michigan (6-7, 313) - Not much of a decision to be made here. The Rams' main Achilles' heel has been the offensive line, and they happen to be in position to select the best o-lineman in the draft. Long figures to begin his career on the right side, before eventually taking over for Orlando Pace on the left.

3 - Falcons - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College (6-5, 228) - Word out of Atlanta is that owner Arthur Blank is enamored with Ryan, who will help give his beleaguered franchise a face to be marketed in the post-Vick, post-Petrino era. Also, Ryan should be as ready as any college QB to step in and play on day one, as he played in a pro system at B.C. and looks to have strong mental makeup. :D

If this statement in red is true why on earth would we not draft him No.1 Overall and start him from day one? This team needs a new Dan Marino a new franchise QB and we are just going to hand him off to the Falcons and put all our eggs on freakin John Beck and Josh McCown? :unsure:

I would not even trade down with the Falcons unless they gave us a kings ransom in picks and players. We cannot take Chris Long which is going to be another Matt Roth and his only claim to fame is that he is Howie Longs son. Wow we drafted another cornfed linebacker. Superbowl here we come. Get Real.

This draft will really suck if we do not draft Matt Ryan. Every season the team and some fans find some kind of excuse not to draft a QB in the first round. That is why we are were we are as a franchise. Not because of the coaching changes and the busts in the draft. It's because there is zero commitment to draft a top tier quarterback in the draft. The Dolphins settle for garbage throw aways from other teams and second round physically chalenged money bargains like John Beck who will be 28 years old in September in his second year and people on here will jump on his bandwagon wanting to give him a second chance when it is obvious he is a bust. I suspect these are the same fans that wanted to give Cam Cameron's 1-15 debacle a sequel.

:alert:FLAME AWAY:alert:

:sidelol: SOAP YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!! Not only am I laughing hysterically as I read this, but the **** is mostly all TRUE!!! I love it. Im so glad you have the balls around here to just state how it is. Thanks bro! Im with you.

I will start with the first bold and procede.........

1) I love it!! :lol:

2) Agreed. And oh yea, the statement in red IS TRUE!

3) True dat on needing a QB since Dan, and hard to believe Bill would stick us like that with Beck.

4) Yep. Me either.

5) I dont think Long will bust, but youre right. Wow a great rushing LB...superbowl here we come :sidelol: Good one! :lol: We already have a guy like that anyways in JT(I think we will trade him). In fact I dont think Long will be anywhere near as good as JT and even if he was where did that get us? 1-15? Didnt do anything for us over the years either.

6) The funniest statement in the post. All true yet ****ing hillarious. I nearly pissed myself while reading it the 2nd time to put in color. Great stuff. Soap is the man. Good rant here.

Im still laughing so hard its difficult to hit submit reply. Seriously.

Second round physically challenged money bargains.........LMFAO!!! :sidelol:

Its going to be great once we pass on Ryan all you Ryan lovers are going to implode.

Well, you need to be. :banhim2:

For what? Expressing his opinions? Thats what forums are for. He has done nothing to be banned for. Unless having a different opinion from you is an offense.

Back
Top Bottom