Matty Ice No.1 Makes Most Sense | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matty Ice No.1 Makes Most Sense

clear.gif

If that isnt enough...try this crap on for size

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp-is6S_b_g

As long as they dont play the song when he jogs onto the field. Even I may have to jump off the Ryan bandwagon if that were to happen.

As long as they dont play the song when he jogs onto the field. Even I may have to jump off the Ryan bandwagon if that were to happen.

You know people keep throwing out "Vanilla" Ice to talk about Matty Ice.

Didnt a guy named JOHN BECK write and perform a song called "Loser" back in the 90's?

The name is exact unlike Matt and Vanilla.

In fact Ive been working on paradys for both. (Sad I know). I might post em one day if I get them complete. Havent researched the lyrics to both yet, but they both go through my head during work sometimes. I would love to know how to edit and create youtube videos. Then I could create a clip of Beck with all his blunders from last year(fumbling snaps etc...) and mix the song with it. Then mix a song with some Matt Ryan highlights and post them both on here in the same post. It would be great.

In the meantime I cant help but, think of Beck and "gettin crazy with the cheeze whiz" which would be the lyrics referring to him fumbling snaps. And thinking of all the Beck fans here thinking to themselves "Im a driver Im the winner. Things are gonna change I can feel it." When they dream about Beck becoming a good QB.

Didnt a guy named JOHN BECK write and perform a song called "Loser" back in the 90's?

In fact Ive been working on paradys for both. (Sad I know). I might post em one day if I get them complete. Havent researched the lyrics to both yet, but they both go through my head during work sometimes. I would love to know how to edit and create youtube videos. Then I could create a clip of Beck with all his blunders from last year(fumbling snaps etc...) and mix the song with it. Then mix a song with some Matt Ryan highlights and post them both on here in the same post. It would be great.

In the meantime I cant help but, think of Beck and "gettin crazy with the cheeze whiz" which would be the lyrics referring to him fumbling snaps. And thinking of all the Beck fans here thinking to themselves "somethin somethin(not sure what he says at that point) Im a winner. Things are gonna change I can feel it." When they dream about Beck becoming a good QB.

Yep, thats all good.

Just remember to include Ryan throwing pass after pass after pass to his runningback (Seems like the only person he knows how to throw a completion to) or even better, throwing pick after pick after pick after pick when trying to throw downfield:up:

For the record, I am far from saying Beck is "The Man"...but I am pretty darn certain that Ryan definately isnt "The Man"...;)

In the meantime I cant help but, think of Beck and "gettin crazy with the cheeze whiz" which would be the lyrics referring to him fumbling snaps. And thinking of all the Beck fans here thinking to themselves "Im a driver Im the winner. Things are gonna change I can feel it." When they dream about Beck becoming a good QB.

Ok. It was Beck Hansen born Bek David Campbell. Had to look it up. Still his artist name is simply "Beck" and hes a loser baby so why dont you kill him.

Ok. It was Beck Hansen born Bek David Campbell. Had to look it up. Still his artist name is simply "Beck" and hes a loser baby so why dont you kill him.

Yeah well. I am very fond of the musical genious of Jeff Beck myself....that is SOOOOO much closer than Bek David Campbell..;)

:lol::lol: Touche WV.

(It shows my age, but I always have to remember not to type Jeff Beck when referring to John Beck. Of course Jeff Beck is one of the best ever at his chosen profession and he never fumbles his guitar solos so the comparison isnt as good)

go figure one of the posters i have blocked started this thread lol, thank god i don't have to read it. and awwwww...another one i had blocked sided with him, but someone copied him and i had to read it. Mods, is there any way if someone is blocked you can't read what they posted if someone else copies what they responded?

idk guys, i hate matt ryan, but love slipperysoap. his posts crack me up

Yea but, its funny when the Soap calls him a bust. Personally I dont think he is a bust(yet). He might become a good QB. He might bust. Cant really say yet.

Either way its still funny to hear the Soap go off. I love it. The guy does make some solid points btw. If you can look past his frustration and realize he makes some sense. Im sick of this **** too. Lets get a QB already.

I've yet to see one thread of his contain even a bit of substance.
All of them garbage with nothing to back up his rants.
You may find them funny, I find them baseless and examples of uneducated fans making knee jerk statements.

http://www.miamiherald.com/858/story/452401.html

You all know I want us to draft Matty Ice No.1. John Beck is a bust and I dont want to wait around another year for the rest of the football world to realize what I allready know. The Brady Quinn trade does not look like it is going to go thru. :boohoo:

Here is an excerpt from the top 3 picks of the Mock draft from this article which just came out this afternoon. 3-11-08

1 - Dolphins - Chris Long, DE/OLB, Virginia (6-3, 272) - Just look at Bill Parcells' track record, which includes dealing Keyshawn Johnson for multiple picks while he was with the Jets, and otherwise pushing hard for the almost exclusive selection of first-round defenders during all of his coaching stops. Parcells will look hard at trading the pick for multiple selections later on - getting bodies in Miami is the number one priority right now - but with no suitors, he'll once again choose a difference-making defensive player.

2 - Rams - Jake Long, T, Michigan (6-7, 313) - Not much of a decision to be made here. The Rams' main Achilles' heel has been the offensive line, and they happen to be in position to select the best o-lineman in the draft. Long figures to begin his career on the right side, before eventually taking over for Orlando Pace on the left.

3 - Falcons - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College (6-5, 228) - Word out of Atlanta is that owner Arthur Blank is enamored with Ryan, who will help give his beleaguered franchise a face to be marketed in the post-Vick, post-Petrino era. Also, Ryan should be as ready as any college QB to step in and play on day one, as he played in a pro system at B.C. and looks to have strong mental makeup. :D

If this statement in red is true why on earth would we not draft him No.1 Overall and start him from day one? This team needs a new Dan Marino a new franchise QB and we are just going to hand him off to the Falcons and put all our eggs on freakin John Beck and Josh McCown? :unsure:

I would not even trade down with the Falcons unless they gave us a kings ransom in picks and players. We cannot take Chris Long which is going to be another Matt Roth and his only claim to fame is that he is Howie Longs son. Wow we drafted another cornfed linebacker. Superbowl here we come. Get Real.

This draft will really suck if we do not draft Matt Ryan. Every season the team and some fans find some kind of excuse not to draft a QB in the first round. That is why we are were we are as a franchise. Not because of the coaching changes and the busts in the draft. It's because there is zero commitment to draft a top tier quarterback in the draft. The Dolphins settle for garbage throw aways from other teams and second round physically chalenged money bargains like John Beck who will be 28 years old in September in his second year and people on here will jump on his bandwagon wanting to give him a second chance when it is obvious he is a bust. I suspect these are the same fans that wanted to give Cam Cameron's 1-15 debacle a sequel.

:alert:FLAME AWAY:alert:

Hey, I can pull quotes from an article, too.

Strengths:
Good size and a big frame...Smart and understands how to read a defense...Is a natural born leader...Solid technique and mechanics...Displays great poise...Good touch and timing...Able to buy time in the pocket...Throws well on the run...A hard worker...Has experience running a pro style offense...Top-notch competitor and a winner...Is tough, strong and fearless...Productive and had an outstanding senior campaign...Very dedicated and extremely passionate about the game of football.

Weaknesses:
Arm strength is only average...Still throws too many interceptions...Accuracy can be streaky...Struggles with the deep ball...A bit of a gunslinger who will play too recklessly at times...Not very mobile and won't beat you with his feet...May have some minor durability issues...Isn't a great athlete...May not have a huge upside.

Notes:
Nickname is "Matty Ice"...Overthrew Quinton Porter to take over the starting job in 2005...Was plagued by a broken foot as a junior...Really emerged as a top pro prospect as a senior, propelling his team to a great season even though he was surrounded by ordinary talent...Physical tools aren't special but they're adequate across the board and his intangibles are second to none...A safe pick who should become a solid starter at the next level but probably isn't a franchise signal caller.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/mattryan.html

Back
Top Bottom