Matty Ice No.1 Makes Most Sense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matty Ice No.1 Makes Most Sense

Ryan will not be successful on this team or any team if he doesn't have a good supporting cast around him. Something we don't have. I say take some guys who will help this team now, let our QB's play the year out and if by the end of 2008 we decide we still need a QB, we get one in the '09 draft.

Matt Ryan is not a QB that is "too good to pass up" at best he becomes an OK QB in the Pros IMO.

Matt Ryan isnt even top 5 material. He has average athleticism he was no where near the passer Beck was in College. Just like most QB's if you don't have a solid Oline he will make mistakes (see his INT's and Fumbles)

If Ryan was the QB ESPN make out to be then he should be light years better than Brohm and Henne but he isnt. Miami is going to give Beck a shot which warrants why we wouldn't draft a QB 1st overall. Face it were drafting either Jake Long or Chris Long.

I love ya man but you gotta give more props to your boy Gholston. I'm telling ya he's in the mix and he has a higher upside than the two you mentioned. Dont worry, we know you're impartial :up:

Ryan will not be successful on this team or any team if he doesn't have a good supporting cast around him. Something we don't have. I say take some guys who will help this team now, let our QB's play the year out and if by the end of 2008 we decide we still need a QB, we get one in the '09 draft.

Matt Ryan is not a QB that is "too good to pass up" at best he becomes an OK QB in the Pros IMO.

Name one good one available in the 09 draft. And after you do that tell me why you think we will be in position to draft him. Im not talking about another 2nd round bum either. Im talking about an elite top QB on the board. Tell me how we will be in position to take him unless we only win 3 games or so. And if we build that team youre talking about it will be hard to lose 13 games.

Dont give me Tebow either(for one he isnt going to be good in the league IMHO and 2nd he isnt coming out is what people are saying) Stafford dosent seem to be coming out next year either and if he does he will be the first QB taken and probably 1st overall or close(depending on where the first team that needs a franchise QB picks).

We are in dire straights here and Matty Ice must be the pick for the sake of our franchise.

P.S why so much hate on the nickname. I think Ice is a great nickname for a QB to have.

I love ya man but you gotta give more props to your boy Gholston. I'm telling ya he's in the mix and he has a higher upside than the two you mentioned. Dont worry, we know you're impartial :up:

Yeah but then id be labeled bias. I like Gholston but he has faults like every athlete.

No doubt he is in the mix. Right now I think we have 5 players in the mix. If we trade down that numbers gets bigger. If we were to trade down lets say somewhere in the top 15 I would be fine selecting Ryan. I feel Ryan isn't worth the number one selection.

Its going to be great once we pass on Ryan all you Ryan lovers are going to implode.
Just dont become this guy when Ryan is our QB:baghead:
Not too worried about that happening because you'll come on board once you see him in a Fins Uniform:abduction:

:grapeape:Maj when the Dolphins announce Matt Ryan as our pick

I keep hearing from some on this board that Ryan is not good enough to be taken in the top five but based on what? Also the logic that we should pass on Ryan but take a Flacco or Ainge does that mean you will feel that Beck's position is more safe. A guy like Ainge in all probability has the tools to make a run at the starters job at some point also.

Myself I think Ryan wil be a very good Qb and would be glad to draft him and let the best man win out. Chris Long and Jake Long have no better odds of not busting than Ryan. Gallery was a supposed cant miss prospect, So was Courtney Brown.

Matt Ryan = Ryan Leaf....maybe
=)

and, you guys can like Ryan, that's fine, but quit calling Beck a bust....way too early for that, especially with the team and play calling we had going last year. Geez.

Matt Ryan = Ryan Leaf....maybe
=)

and, you guys can like Ryan, that's fine, but quit calling Beck a bust....way too early for that, especially with the team and play calling we had going last year. Geez.

Yea but, its funny when the Soap calls him a bust. Personally I dont think he is a bust(yet). He might become a good QB. He might bust. Cant really say yet.

Either way its still funny to hear the Soap go off. I love it. The guy does make some solid points btw. If you can look past his frustration and realize he makes some sense. Im sick of this **** too. Lets get a QB already.

Just dont become this guy when Ryan is our QB:baghead:
Not too worried about that happening because you'll come on board once you see him in a Fins Uniform:abduction:

:grapeape:Maj when the Dolphins announce Matt Ryan as our pick

Thats fine but were not taking him 1.

I keep hearing from some on this board that Ryan is not good enough to be taken in the top five but based on what? Also the logic that we should pass on Ryan but take a Flacco or Ainge does that mean you will feel that Beck's position is more safe. A guy like Ainge in all probability has the tools to make a run at the starters job at some point also.

Myself I think Ryan wil be a very good Qb and would be glad to draft him and let the best man win out. Chris Long and Jake Long have no better odds of not busting than Ryan. Gallery was a supposed cant miss prospect, So was Courtney Brown.

I think I stated why he isnt worthy of a top 5 pick. Average athleticism, Panics under pressure, Overrated. He isn't head and shoulders above Brohm and Henne which both a projected to go round 2. Brohm may get selected round 1 (Tampa)

http://www.miamiherald.com/858/story/452401.html

You all know I want us to draft Matty Ice No.1. John Beck is a bust and I dont want to wait around another year for the rest of the football world to realize what I allready know. The Brady Quinn trade does not look like it is going to go thru. :boohoo:

Here is an excerpt from the top 3 picks of the Mock draft from this article which just came out this afternoon. 3-11-08

1 - Dolphins - Chris Long, DE/OLB, Virginia (6-3, 272) - Just look at Bill Parcells' track record, which includes dealing Keyshawn Johnson for multiple picks while he was with the Jets, and otherwise pushing hard for the almost exclusive selection of first-round defenders during all of his coaching stops. Parcells will look hard at trading the pick for multiple selections later on - getting bodies in Miami is the number one priority right now - but with no suitors, he'll once again choose a difference-making defensive player.

2 - Rams - Jake Long, T, Michigan (6-7, 313) - Not much of a decision to be made here. The Rams' main Achilles' heel has been the offensive line, and they happen to be in position to select the best o-lineman in the draft. Long figures to begin his career on the right side, before eventually taking over for Orlando Pace on the left.

3 - Falcons - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College (6-5, 228) - Word out of Atlanta is that owner Arthur Blank is enamored with Ryan, who will help give his beleaguered franchise a face to be marketed in the post-Vick, post-Petrino era. Also, Ryan should be as ready as any college QB to step in and play on day one, as he played in a pro system at B.C. and looks to have strong mental makeup. :D

If this statement in red is true why on earth would we not draft him No.1 Overall and start him from day one? This team needs a new Dan Marino a new franchise QB and we are just going to hand him off to the Falcons and put all our eggs on freakin John Beck and Josh McCown? :unsure:

I would not even trade down with the Falcons unless they gave us a kings ransom in picks and players. We cannot take Chris Long which is going to be another Matt Roth and his only claim to fame is that he is Howie Longs son. Wow we drafted another cornfed linebacker. Superbowl here we come. Get Real.

This draft will really suck if we do not draft Matt Ryan. Every season the team and some fans find some kind of excuse not to draft a QB in the first round. That is why we are were we are as a franchise. Not because of the coaching changes and the busts in the draft. It's because there is zero commitment to draft a top tier quarterback in the draft. The Dolphins settle for garbage throw aways from other teams and second round physically chalenged money bargains like John Beck who will be 28 years old in September in his second year and people on here will jump on his bandwagon wanting to give him a second chance when it is obvious he is a bust. I suspect these are the same fans that wanted to give Cam Cameron's 1-15 debacle a sequel.

:alert:FLAME AWAY:alert:

and I thank God that you dont run the Dolphins organization. You cant give up on a rookie QB after playing only 4 games! the whole team sucked, Beck had no running game, the O-line was bad, his best WR was a rookie (ted Ginn). QB's take time to develop. It took Drew Brees 2 or 3 years for him to finally understand the game. Troy Aikmen didnt do so hot his rookie year. None of us have a right to judge John Beck until he actually plays a whole season.

Parcells is the best in the business hes know what hes doing. Parcells likes Beck and wants to see him starting, but beck is going to earn that starting job by beating Josh McCown for the starting role (which shouldnt be too hard).

plus...
Parcells doesnt like drafting QB's early especially with the 1st overall pick, hes a defence guy

http://www.miamiherald.com/858/story/452401.html

This draft will really suck if we do not draft Matt Ryan. Every season the team and some fans find some kind of excuse not to draft a QB in the first round. That is why we are were we are as a franchise. Not because of the coaching changes and the busts in the draft. It's because there is zero commitment to draft a top tier quarterback in the draft. The Dolphins settle for garbage throw aways from other teams and second round physically chalenged money bargains like John Beck who will be 28 years old in September in his second year and people on here will jump on his bandwagon wanting to give him a second chance when it is obvious he is a bust. I suspect these are the same fans that wanted to give Cam Cameron's 1-15 debacle a sequel.

:alert:FLAME AWAY:alert:

I just don't see how you can label a Quarterback who started only 4 games, played with an below average offensive line, no really running threat, no real receiving threat besides Ginn, and the offensive play calling combo of Cameron and Mularkey (thank G-O-D they are gone!) a bust? Honestly, if Parcells and Ireland think Ryan is the best option for us at #1 then fine, I'll deal with it. I just really don't think you should write Beck off just yet, especially when the team has so many more needs. How about we work on filling the gaps around the Quarterback situation, get a full season out of beck, and look at a possible 1st round QB next year (we will probably be in the Top 10 again) if Beck does bad.

Yea but, its funny when the Soap calls him a bust. Personally I dont think he is a bust(yet). He might become a good QB. He might bust. Cant really say yet.

Either way its still funny to hear the Soap go off. I love it. The guy does make some solid points btw. If you can look past his frustration and realize he makes some sense. Im sick of this **** too. Lets get a QB already.

Glad to hear you say Beck isn't a bust yet.
You know I have been thinking about it, I would like a guy like Ryan to go to Miami if he didn't have to be a first round pick. Just at this point with Beck (I still think he has upside) we have a possible starter, and Ryan would need time to develope, just like Beck.
I would rather have Line help (O or D) with our first pick.

I just have a hard time seeing Ryan as a #1 overall type guy. Just doesn't seem on the same level as guys in recent years like Palmer, Manning, Leinart, Rivers, Roethlisberger ect.

I will admit he has potential to be great, but I think Beck does too.

I will be disapointed if we take Ryan, but would get over it quick and root for him to be great for sure. =)

P.S why so much hate on the nickname. I think Ice is a great nickname for a QB to have.

clear.gif

If that isnt enough...try this crap on for size

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp-is6S_b_g

Back
Top Bottom