Mayweather v Gatti Fight | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mayweather v Gatti Fight

Jim Lampley getting pwned by management. :lol:

Kellerman says Cotto would get "torn up" by Floyd. Says Hatton would be an interesting fight for the reasons you mentioned (never stops).

Says Hopkins likely won't look as good as Mayweather did tonight because he's fighting a much better fighter in Taylor than Gotti.

This is fun talking boxing with you guys. Is the next big fight we're waiting for the July 16th fight they were talking about?

byroan said:
This is fun talking boxing with you guys. Is the next big fight we're waiting for the July 16th fight they were talking about?

Yeah that should be good. Hopkins/Taylor for Bernards middleweight (160) undisputed title. Jermain Taylor is a young bad *** from Arkansas and is probably Americas best up and comer. X has 20 straight title defenses and hasn't lost in....oh about 11 years. Alot of people think Taylor has a good shot, he's a big guy and X has been at 160 for a while and waited for smaller guys to come up. But X is a legend, even people that predict Taylor wins, will be shocked if he does. There's a shot I may go. I'll keep you posted.

Also keep and eye on July 2. NABF/USBA heavyweight champ Samuel Peter fights this guy Taurus Sykes. Peter may become a force in the heavyweight division. He's like 20-0 and he's had some impressive wins. He's still got alot to prove but the heavyweight division is desperate for stars. It's on Showtime and the first title fight in Reno since the 70's.

do any of yall collect fights on tape? cause i put all my fights on dvd and have like 200 tapes i'm trying to get rid of. real cheap. if anybody is interested, pm me and i can send you a list of what i got.

LightsOut said:
do any of yall collect fights on tape? cause i put all my fights on dvd and have like 200 tapes i'm trying to get rid of. real cheap. if anybody is interested, pm me and i can send you a list of what i got.

Do you got Nigel Benn vs. Gerald McClellan?

Martel said:
Yeah that should be good. Hopkins/Taylor for Bernards middleweight (160) undisputed title. Jermain Taylor is a young bad *** from Arkansas and is probably Americas best up and comer. X has 20 straight title defenses and hasn't lost in....oh about 11 years. Alot of people think Taylor has a good shot, he's a big guy and X has been at 160 for a while and waited for smaller guys to come up. But X is a legend, even people that predict Taylor wins, will be shocked if he does. There's a shot I may go. I'll keep you posted.

I really wish RJJ and Hopkins could have worked out the money issues a few years ago and fought... That would have been something to watch.

Hostile7 said:
I really wish RJJ and Hopkins could have worked out the money issues a few years ago and fought... That would have been something to watch.

You know that they did fight though right? That was Bernards last loss. It would have been nice to see them again, though.

Martel said:
You know that they did fight though right? That was Bernards last loss. It would have been nice to see them again, though.

Yeah, but he wasn't "Bernard Hopkins" then.

I saw that fight. Roy broke his hand in the second(?) round and still won. But again, Hopkins wasn't yet the guy who's dominated the division for the last decade.

Still, it would have been nice to see. BH would have been the first guy to knock Roy out. All Roy had to do was agree to a 50/50 purse. BH was gonna come up in weight.

Muck said:

I saw that fight. Roy broke his hand in the second(?) round and still won. But again, Hopkins wasn't yet the guy who's dominated the division for the last decade.

Still, it would have been nice to see. BH would have been the first guy to knock Roy out. All Roy had to do was agree to a 50/50 purse. BH was gonna come up in weight.

that was before roy moved up to heavyweight and then came back down. that ended his career. hopkins wouldn't have come up and beat roy. much less knock him out. bernard turned down 6 million.

other than losing his debut, hopkins didn't lose to anybody before or after roy. so when exactly did he become "bernard hopkins"? he was always really good. and jones was better. both guys were young back then and improved a lot over the years. but roy moved up and fought bigger guys. hopkins stayed at middleweight and his biggest fights are against smaller guys like tito and de la hoya.

LightsOut said:
that was before roy moved up to heavyweight and then came back down. that ended his career. hopkins wouldn't have come up and beat roy. much less knock him out. bernard turned down 6 million.

other than losing his debut, hopkins didn't lose to anybody before or after roy. so when exactly did he become "bernard hopkins"? he was always really good. and jones was better. both guys were young back then and improved a lot over the years. but roy moved up and fought bigger guys. hopkins stayed at middleweight and his biggest fights are against smaller guys like tito and de la hoya.

I agree with this. Not to mention that X is not the big knock out artist. No way he comes up and beats Roy. Maybe not even now. But you never know, it could happen still. Roy's been hinting.........

Muck said:

All Hop had to do was agree to a 60/40 split. Roy was #1 pfp at the time and had been for a while...he deserved more money.

And Roy would've beat him again most likely. Just a bad match-up style for Hop...Roy had too much speed.

But if they fought today, I'd have to favor Hop by a good margin. I don't think Roy has it anymore. His reflexes aren't what they used to be. He should just hang 'em up.

Back
Top Bottom