"McDaniel likes idea of nose tackle" | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"McDaniel likes idea of nose tackle"

I really don't see McDaniels playing a true 3-4 NT position. His height is a serious disadvantage for the position. There is a reason you don't see centers with height like that, and its because the technique they are taught is to get underneath the sholders of the tackle. McDaniels would be too easy to move as a 2 gap NT. I'm guessing this is a ploy to light a fire under Soliai's ***, or just for emergency situations like in last year's Baltimore game.

It is always good to have a versatile line, the more guys who can play all 3 spots, the better.

who ever said soliai doesn't have talent? i only said to cut him if he's overweight again but if mcdaniel can do his job then we could not dress him and have an extra pass rusher to rotate at de.

I will say Soliai sucks. It is evident that he lacks maturity, motivation, and discipline, and doesn't appear to be progressing in any of those categories, and that's enough for me to write the guy off. I dont need to see him play.

I really don't see McDaniels playing a true 3-4 NT position. His height is a serious disadvantage for the position. There is a reason you don't see centers with height like that, and its because the technique they are taught is to get underneath the sholders of the tackle. McDaniels would be too easy to move as a 2 gap NT. I'm guessing this is a ploy to light a fire under Soliai's ***, or just for emergency situations like in last year's Baltimore game.
It can be done. Baumhower was 6'5" and went to 5 Pro Bowls.

would much rather have Brace than PAUL suspension Solai.

Maybe it's just me but I get the feeling you'd rather have any player that's NOT on our roster -- I just don't see how that's being a real fan. Are you sure you're a Miami Dolphin fan and not Buffalo or Cow or something else?

Seriously, how many players on our roster are you really positive on? Can you name them?

Maybe it's just me but I get the feeling you'd rather have any player that's NOT on our roster -- I just don't see how that's being a real fan. Are you sure you're a Miami Dolphin fan and not Buffalo or Cow or something else?

Seriously, how many players on our roster are you really positive on? Can you name them?

Yea I think I know what team Im a fan of. The key word is team. Since bvery few of our players are the best at thier position Im sure most people would rather have other platers.

qB- Matt Ryan over Chad Pennington
rb-Adrian Peterson over Ronnie Brown
Wr-Larry Fitzgerald over Ted Ginn
TE-Jason Witten over Anthony Fasano

The only position would not want anybody else over is Jake Long.

Sorry if you get your panties in bunch if I think a player that cant keep from getting suspended by the team and has a total of 6 tackles in two years is not worth a damn.

Im positive on alot of players doesnt mean I think they are the best in the league. I have said very little negative on any dolphin player in regard to thier play.

Solai and Pat White are the only ones that really come to mind. Saying Ronnie Brown is not among the best backs in the league is not negative if thats where you are going. We have alot of players that are good but not among the best in the league.

Players Im most positive on.
Pennington-did a great job and was number one factor in us making playoffs last year

Henne- Qb of the future

Jake Long-Top lineman for years

Merling and langford-good foundation for years on line

Smith and Davis-good foundation for secondary

Channin Crowder-much like ronnie Brown not the best or elite but damn good
and most underappreciated dolphin

Will Allen-Our best defensive back

hmm 30 years ago maybe

actually, some of the best NTs today are 6'4''. Ngata is, Shaun Rogers is and Kris Jenkins is, too. Jamal Williams is 6'3''. the only real "short" NT is Casey Hampton at 6'1''.

John Henderson and Albert Haynesworth are both great Dts who could possibly play NT. they are 6'7'' and 6'6'', respectively.

actually, some of the best NTs today are 6'4''. Ngata is, Shaun Rogers is and Kris Jenkins is, too. Jamal Williams is 6'3''. the only real "short" NT is Casey Hampton at 6'1''.

John Henderson and Albert Haynesworth are both great Dts who could possibly play NT. they are 6'7'' and 6'6'', respectively.

McDaniels is 6'7". Thats a pretty big difference at that positions. The other tackles mentioned are 1 gap tackles in a 4-3 defenses. Name me a true NT that is 6'7".

Back
Top Bottom