"McDaniel likes idea of nose tackle" | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"McDaniel likes idea of nose tackle"

I think that Vick will end up in Minn. just my opinion. Vick is going to be a distraction for any team though with the Pats he will be less of an distraction than if he signed withother teams because the Pats are pretty good without Vick.
I see Vick as wanting to start for a team and Minniapolis gives him that chance he will not have at New England also.

I'm interested to see what Minn does with Percy Harvin, with and without Adrian Peterson. People can say what they will about Harvin, but he's one of the more talented guys that I've seen come down the pipe in a while.

I'm interested to see what Minn does with Percy Harvin, with and without Adrian Peterson. People can say what they will about Harvin, but he's one of the more talented guys that I've seen come down the pipe in a while.

Harvin will look extra quick playing on that turf in the dome. He fit the Vikes system as does Vick. They would be dangerous playing together.

He was a nutcase that hardly ever got into trouble because they had guys like Keith Rivers and Brian Cushing looking out for him, keeping a leash on him. Rivers is in position to continue doing that for the Bengals.

I'm not saying Keith Rivers can magically make Rey Maualuga a calm and collected individual. He's not going to proselytize to him or convert him to mormonism or something. He can just help keep him out of the kind of trouble that prevents Rey from practicing and playing in games...and those are the important things.
No, he was a nutcase that hardly ever got into trouble because he was Rey Maualuga and he was at a school where football is huge. When Rey did something punishment worthy (say black out, break into the wrong house, and freak the **** out of a girl wondering what a 260 pound monster is doing in her room) people didn't call the cops on him. He was the star player of a contending team.

Look, I like Rey as a player. But to say he was kept under control is a joke. He did plenty to earn punishment. Being the star athlete of the school and being in south central where an out of control athlete is the least of anyone's problems certainly helped.

If the FO/Coaching staff thought that P.Solai was no good he wouldn't be here!

Seems pretty simple to me.

M.Johnson instead of P.White would have made this a much better draft. Then maybe all the Vick talk would have some substance then.

Well we do have 80 players they all cant be all that good. Solai has done basically nothing since he was drafted except get suspended.

I'm getting the feeling that McDaniel for a 7th is going to end up being a steal of a trade. But I'm curious as to why the Jags would let this guy go for such little compensation, especially since they already traded away Marcus Stroud. There has to be a reason- I'm hoping it's not like us picking up Quentin Moses when he's quickly waived by the Raiders after being a 3rd rd pick- I'm still trying to figure that one out. Moses has too much talent to be floundering, yet he is.

A 4-3 DT must penetrate the line for the defense to be consistently distrupting the offense. The Cardinals DLs were frequently in the back filed because they were too quick for our interior offensive linemen. You will remember how poorly our running game performed against the Cardinals. A 3-4 NT is about holding your ground. Strength and toughness are critical for a 3-4 NT where they are not the principal skill for a 4-3 DT. It is possible for a player to be an average 4-3 DT while being a good NT. I hope that is the case with McDaniels.

Yea, he's almost as talented as Pat White.:foundout:

Well we do have 80 players they all cant be all that good. Solai has done basically nothing since he was drafted except get suspended.

Ah, but he did that very well. :up:

Like It was said here, he is on a very very short leach, he comes in overweight or out of shape, he will be done as a Miami Dolphin. He has the talent, size, but does he have the heart.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Harvin was our target in round one if he was there.

I know that on draft day before Harvin got picked by the Vikings, Dave Hyde texted Simon and told him that the Percy Harvin flirtation was a massive smoke screen, according to his source.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Harvin was our target in round one if he was there.

Maybe, maybe not, but let us not forget, Harven had some off the field issues, while Pat White, who Parcels himself said he liked a lot a few years ago, was as clean as you could get. One was the much better athlete, but the other could give you as much (Maybe a little less) without the baggage.

I know that on draft day before Harvin got picked by the Vikings, Dave Hyde texted Simon and told him that the Percy Harvin flirtation was a massive smoke screen, according to his source.

who knows with all these smoke screen ideas. Not sure what we gain from that. Me and simon still disagree that Rivers was a smokescreen for Pitt but anything is possible. It would be great if we could ever have a look inside the actual process from an old draft. That would be pure fascination. No current GM is going to admit they got oneupped or they took c player because b player was gone.

Maybe, maybe not, but let us not forget, Harven had some off the field issues, while Pat White, who Parcels himself said he liked a lot a few years ago, was as clean as you could get. One was the much better athlete, but the other could give you as much (Maybe a little less) without the baggage.

Like I said we will never know. People said Quinn was a smokescreen for us and that never made one bit of sense. So we use a player that probably wont be there so we can draft a player that will definately be there.

who knows with all these smoke screen ideas. Not sure what we gain from that. Me and simon still disagree that Rivers was a smokescreen for Pitt but anything is possible. It would be great if we could ever have a look inside the actual process from an old draft. That would be pure fascination. No current GM is going to admit they got oneupped or they took c player because b player was gone.

I doubt very much Harvin was a plan A, B, Or C option.

Like I said we will never know. People said Quinn was a smokescreen for us and that never made one bit of sense. So we use a player that probably wont be there so we can draft a player that will definately be there.

Just my opinion, but in the 1st round Miami was not going to go Offense, they had a few CBs they would take, maybe a DT (Brace), or maybe they might have taken a chance on an LB in the 1st, but they were not going offense.

They liked Pat White, and they thought he would be there when they took him w/ their 2nd 2nd round pick, when it looked like He might not make it, they took him earlier then they wanted. They also wanted a receiver, but they wanted a tall/big receiver, not fast/athletic, and they knew they could get 1 later in the draft.

Just my opinion, but in the 1st round Miami was not going to go Offense, they had a few CBs they would take, maybe a DT (Brace), or maybe they might have taken a chance on an LB in the 1st, but they were not going offense.

They liked Pat White, and they thought he would be there when they took him w/ their 2nd 2nd round pick, when it looked like He might not make it, they took him earlier then they wanted. They also wanted a receiver, but they wanted a tall/big receiver, not fast/athletic, and they knew they could get 1 later in the draft.

again we will never know. we just know what we took.

Back
Top Bottom