McDaniel’s issues | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel’s issues

HC needs to manage games. That means he's got to have situational awareness and strategy.

Calling a pass with your back against the end zone on 3rd and 19 when you're trying to protect a lead on the road in a playoff game was straight up dumb AF. You play field position and roll with the Defense because they were having a good day. Total momentum killer, you get an INT and flip the game.

Someone needs to explain WTF a person in the booth has to do with him executing getting plays in on time. Whatever is taking so long needs to stop. The 2nd half of the playoff game was the worst clock management I've seen.

Game plan != look at sheet and surfacepro on game day and hope for the best. When the defense takes away part of the field, target another area. The penalties are a lack of discipline I'm not impressed letting players call you by your first name. Post game interviews with other teams (winners) like Jax this year Trevor Lawrence mentioned Coach Peterson several times - not my boy Doug.

I like McDaniel and think he has a great future as our coach. I like his style (for the most part) and intelligence. But I see 3 areas I want to see improvement on. Hopefully this comes with experience or he brings in an older mentor as DC (Fangio, Zimmer, Phillips) to help guide him.

1. Discipline - bring back the TNT wall or create an equivalent way of cleaning up self inflicted penalties - (false starts, illegal alignments, etc.)
2. Clock Management - get plays in faster -if that means bringing in an OC, so be it. Just fix that problem.
3. Incorporate 15% more old school - Chew ass sometimes. Players need it. Don't always try to be their BFF.

Year 2 will tell us a lot of about McDaniel.
Since Shula I have been hoping for a coach that is able to take the talent it inherited and work with it and make it grow. Outside of Tua on offense I did not see much just lots of new veteran free agents.
I was expecting this year a more diversified attack as the year wore on from McDaniel. Once the 49ers figured out how to shut out Waddle and Hill our loosing slide started and their was no plan B with our offense until the Jets and Buffalo playoff game where McD relied on the running game against the jets and used Mike G a bit more.
We spent a ton of draft picks and FA money on the offense between Hill and Armstead so improvement should have been expected.
I want to see our draft picks next year in the line up.
I want to see more dicipline next year and better tackling a sure sign of a successful coach.
Next year can't happen fast enough.

Year 2 will tell us a lot of about McDaniel.
Since Shula I have been hoping for a coach that is able to take the talent it inherited and work with it and make it grow. Outside of Tua on offense I did not see much just lots of new veteran free agents.
I was expecting this year a more diversified attack as the year wore on from McDaniel. Once the 49ers figured out how to shut out Waddle and Hill our loosing slide started and their was no plan B with our offense until the Jets and Buffalo playoff game where McD relied on the running game against the jets and used Mike G a bit more.
We spent a ton of draft picks and FA money on the offense between Hill and Armstead so improvement should have been expected.
I want to see our draft picks next year in the line up.
I want to see more dicipline next year and better tackling a sure sign of a successful coach.
Next year can't happen fast enough.
We need to utilise Cedric Wilson it's a giant waste. May as well kept Devante as wr3 given his usage.

We need to utilise Cedric Wilson it's a giant waste. May as well kept Devante as wr3 given his usage.
True, but perhaps trading him might be a better option. He has talent and we should be able to get an upper mid rounder for him. Remember we signed him before we miraculously landed Hill.

True, but perhaps trading him might be a better option. He has talent and we should be able to get an upper mid rounder for him. Remember we signed him before we miraculously landed Hill.
Yeah true, he such a big body to handle. He made a catch v bills and his size got us the first down. You might get a 3rd or 4th for him.
We need a geniune wr3 look at bills they certainly have that.

McD as a first year coach took us to the playoffs and did an outstanding job, almost getting us the victory. We lost by 3. Would were supposed to lost by double digits.

In my book, McD has no “issues”.

Watching Skylar calling those plays in the huddle on Sunday, and it took him forever to call them off. It looked like he was reciting War and Peace, they were so long and complex. Maybe terminology needs to be worked on.
And if that wasn't bad enough, McDaniel needs to have someone go in motion on practically every play. Even when they get lined up with seconds to spare, someone goes in motion and too many times it results on a delay of game or illegal shift penalty. IMO, there's a possibility that McDaniel is making everything far more complicated than it needs to be.

Perhaps our backup wasn't really available, and Skylar was told not risk any injury?? Otherwise no really good reason as a young QB's often rely on their legs.
I believe he’s locked into a receiver and doesn’t even realize how much green space he has. He stares at his receiver.
He just needs development and more reps w first team. Seemed like he could have hit Tyreek on those crossers.

HC needs to manage games. That means he's got to have situational awareness and strategy.

Calling a pass with your back against the end zone on 3rd and 19 when you're trying to protect a lead on the road in a playoff game was straight up dumb AF. You play field position and roll with the Defense because they were having a good day. Total momentum killer, you get an INT and flip the game.

Someone needs to explain WTF a person in the booth has to do with him executing getting plays in on time. Whatever is taking so long needs to stop. The 2nd half of the playoff game was the worst clock management I've seen.

Game plan != look at sheet and surfacepro on game day and hope for the best. When the defense takes away part of the field, target another area. The penalties are a lack of discipline I'm not impressed letting players call you by your first name. Post game interviews with other teams (winners) like Jax this year Trevor Lawrence mentioned Coach Peterson several times - not my boy Doug.

Which is why its tough to be a HC and the play caller. I personally hate the combination.

Makes it harder to manage the game as a whole..

I believe he’s locked into a receiver and doesn’t even realize how much green space he has. He stares at his receiver.
He just needs development and more reps w first team. Seemed like he could have hit Tyreek on those crossers.

Skylars simply not ready to play at this level.

Nothing against him.

He just isn't.

He seemed more overwhelmed and not quite sure what to do more than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom