McMillan vs Cunningham | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMillan vs Cunningham

I would agree...

[video=youtube_share;rHEjb2uFOg4]https://youtu.be/rHEjb2uFOg4[/video]

I love the kid and he is my favorite pick, but that is some trash ass form on the explosive lifts, whoever taught that team those lifts should not be allowed to continue to do so...

McMillian is clearly strong, that squat alone in notable...

Actually, if Kiper was a man of his word, based on the Jimmy Clausen bet he made with McShay in 2010, he should soon be retiring from BSPN,

More examples of Mel's impeccable judgement of talent:
Ranked Andre Wadsworth the No. 1 overall prospect of 1998 NFL Draft ahead of Charles Woodson and Peyton Manning and compared him to Bruce Smith

• Said in 1995, “Ki-Jana (Carter) could be the next Bo Jackson”
  • Called Packers drafting Matt Hasselbeck in the 1998 6th round a waste of a pick
  • Gave Seahawks’ 2012 draft a C- grade after they picked Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner and Russell Wilson
  • Had NFL draft bust Dan McGwire and Hall of Famer Brett Favre rated evenly as QB prospects before the 1991 draft
  • Thought 1988 29th overall pick and four-time Pro Bowler Chris Spielman would be a fourth or fifth round pick
  • Rated LaDainian Tomlinson tied for the 25th best player in the 2001 draft
  • Said 1990 7th overall pick Andre Ware would be an “excellent” NFL quarterback
  • Kiper upped the ante by naming Curry the best player in the entire 2009 draft ahead of players like Matthew Stafford, Brian Cushing, Jeremy Maclin, Clay Matthews and LeSean McCoy.
  • Said 1999 3rd overall pick Akili Smith would be a “great” NFL player
  • Proclaimed Johnny Manziel would be 2014’s #1 overall pick
  • When asked in a draft recap show who would have the best career of the QB Class of 2011, Kiper said it would be Stanzi — over fellow QBs like Cam Newton and Andy Dalton.
  • Said 1998 2nd overall pick Ryan Leaf’s attitude would be an “asset” in NFL
  • Said that JaMarcus Russell could be a top five NFL QB and was “John Elway-like” at 2007 NFL Draft
  • Despite sitting out a year while attempting to enter the NFL draft after his sophomore year, ex-USC wide receiver Mike Williams had Mel Kiper drinking the Kool-Aid. How high? Kiper had Williams rated as the best player in the entire draft ahead of players like Alex Smith, DeMarcus Ware and Aaron Rodgers — among others.
  • And then of course, there's the love for Brady Quinn

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/mel-kipers-top-10-nfl-draft-blunders.html

I have said this numerous times, but I believe that Jimmy Clausen is the worst quarterback I have ever seen start multiple NFL football games in the regular season for multiple different teams and continue to find work despite being functionally incompetent in every single facet of the job.

He is absolutely dreadful in ways I can't even begin to describe.

I love the kid and he is my favorite pick, but that is some trash ass form on the explosive lifts, whoever taught that team those lifts should not be allowed to continue to do so...
He actually praises his strength & conditioning coach for being a huge mentor to him and keeping him in line at the end of the video, and also keep in mind this was in high school.

McMillian is clearly strong, that squat alone in notable...
Yes 550 lbs is extremely impressive.

He actually praises his strength & conditioning coach for being a huge mentor to him and keeping him in line at the end of the video, and also keep in mind this was in high school.

Yes 550 lbs is extremely impressive.

The fact that the kid was attempting to do high weight, in that form shows the coach should not be coaching...that form and rolled back most likely got improved in college, before you are looking at wrecking that L4/L5...The fact he was in high school has little to do with technique...if properly taught he would have been in the 160 plus kilo range on those cleans.

Proper form for these developing bodies is paramount to developing the athlete and if it were not for The Chef's ridiculous genetic makeup, he would not be close to those numbers and I would not be surprised if many in that program have not experienced issues as the result of poor coaching.

Style vs. Substance. Cunningham is fun to watch, looks like he's playing pop Warner the way he just vultures people down with his arms. Raekwon has the thick knees and can still outrun Cunningham. He's got prototype size and a Damn good pedigree. He only missed 24 tackles, or about 1 out of ten. Meanwhile, Cunningham has the best rap music in the background of his YouTube highlight reel.

Yet Raekwon was named after a member of the greatest rap group of all time. RM +100

I have such a hard time when I see the words "Music" and "rap" in the same sentence.........much better would be ROCK and Music.....or rap & noise......lol....couldn't resist

Ozzy rules!!

I watched a draft recap with Perkins and Omar Kelly and Kelly flat out said McMillian isn't a impactful physical linebacker.

I swear that man is ****ing ********.

I don't know a single thing about McMillan but I'd never care what Kelly had to say about any player. He isn't a talent evaluator.

I have such a hard time when I see the words "Music" and "rap" in the same sentence.........much better would be ROCK and Music.....or rap & noise......lol....couldn't resist

Ozzy rules!!

Tsk tsk. I love Bach. I love Led Zeppelin. I love Wu-Tang. Broaden thy horizons my man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, if Kiper was a man of his word, based on the Jimmy Clausen bet he made with McShay in 2010, he should soon be retiring from BSPN,

More examples of Mel's impeccable judgement of talent:
Ranked Andre Wadsworth the No. 1 overall prospect of 1998 NFL Draft ahead of Charles Woodson and Peyton Manning and compared him to Bruce Smith

• Said in 1995, “Ki-Jana (Carter) could be the next Bo Jackson”
  • Called Packers drafting Matt Hasselbeck in the 1998 6th round a waste of a pick
  • Gave Seahawks’ 2012 draft a C- grade after they picked Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner and Russell Wilson
  • Had NFL draft bust Dan McGwire and Hall of Famer Brett Favre rated evenly as QB prospects before the 1991 draft
  • Thought 1988 29th overall pick and four-time Pro Bowler Chris Spielman would be a fourth or fifth round pick
  • Rated LaDainian Tomlinson tied for the 25th best player in the 2001 draft
  • Said 1990 7th overall pick Andre Ware would be an “excellent” NFL quarterback
  • Kiper upped the ante by naming Curry the best player in the entire 2009 draft ahead of players like Matthew Stafford, Brian Cushing, Jeremy Maclin, Clay Matthews and LeSean McCoy.
  • Said 1999 3rd overall pick Akili Smith would be a “great” NFL player
  • Proclaimed Johnny Manziel would be 2014’s #1 overall pick
  • When asked in a draft recap show who would have the best career of the QB Class of 2011, Kiper said it would be Stanzi — over fellow QBs like Cam Newton and Andy Dalton.
  • Said 1998 2nd overall pick Ryan Leaf’s attitude would be an “asset” in NFL
  • Said that JaMarcus Russell could be a top five NFL QB and was “John Elway-like” at 2007 NFL Draft
  • Despite sitting out a year while attempting to enter the NFL draft after his sophomore year, ex-USC wide receiver Mike Williams had Mel Kiper drinking the Kool-Aid. How high? Kiper had Williams rated as the best player in the entire draft ahead of players like Alex Smith, DeMarcus Ware and Aaron Rodgers — among others.
  • And then of course, there's the love for Brady Quinn

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/mel-kipers-top-10-nfl-draft-blunders.html

So we're taking his C+ grade for Miami and shoving it up his ass? :lol:

I'm really surprised that with the ESPN house cleaning, Mel Kiper wasn't let go too. He's horrible!!

Hopefully they just waited until after the draft.

I am personally not a Kiper fan but the problem is.... He is the OG when it comes the draft. Kiper is one of the main reasons the draft is what it is today. So he will probably be around as long as he wants.
CHubbs

I'm waiting for the first time they throw out the Wake - Phillips - Suh D-line, and Kiko - Timmons - McMillan - Harris LBs at someone for the first time.

Or even Wake at OLB instead of Kiko, and a different DE.

Ozzy rules!!

To each their own, there are many types of music I can't listen to, but I understand that some music is not made for me. I don't think one should devalue music because it doesn't fit their own personal taste.

So we're taking his C+ grade for Miami and shoving it up his ass? :lol:

Kiper praising the Pats 2000 late round picks.. well not all of them LOL

Another article that day described how Mel Kiper loved two of the Patriots late-round selections:

FOXBOROUGH – Draft guru Mel Kiper thinks the Patriots did a great job with their picks this year, particularly yesterday. He believes fourth-round selection Greg Robinson-Randall, a 320-pound offensive tackle from Michigan State, can be a top-flight player to go with Saturday’s pick of another offensive lineman, Adrian Klemm of the University of Hawaii, in the second round.

“Considering that they didn’t have a first-round pick, they accomplished a lot of things and took players who could really emerge as quality NFL players, including Robinson-Randall and Jeff Marriott [defensive tackle, Missouri, fifth round],” said Kiper.

Oops. That article eventually mention Brady, but made sure to provide comfort to the second- and third-stringers on the quarterback depth chart in Foxboro in doing so:

With a quarterback in mind, the Patriots passed on the athletic Joe Hamilton of Georgia Tech to go for Tom Brady of Michigan with their next pick. Brady, projected as a third-rounder, said he wasn’t upset at slipping. “I don’t think disappointment is the word,” he said. “Whether it’s the second or sixth round, I think everyone starts on the same level.”

Brady’s selection should not affect backup quarterbacks John Friesz or Michael Bishop.

http://www.footballperspective.com/what-did-the-media-say-about-tom-brady-in-2000/

I am personally not a Kiper fan but the problem is.... He is the OG when it comes the draft. Kiper is one of the main reasons the draft is what it is today. So he will probably be around as long as he wants.
CHubbs

Why do you think Kiper is the OG when it comes to the draft?

My favorite was the late Joel Buchsbaum. His analysis always ran very deep and thorough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom