McNabb: Watch out for Ryan Tannehill | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McNabb: Watch out for Ryan Tannehill

You think the Colts are waiting 3-4 years? No, they're going to be perennial playoff contenders from here on out. They already have all the pieces on offense except for a running back. Now they just need to add onto that defense, get that running back I just mentioned, and I can see them playing against Denver, Baltimore or New England in an AFC Title game next year.

Nothing says they are perennial contenders from here on out, they actually don't have a lot of great pieces. The defense pretty much needs to be rebuilt from scratch with Mathis and Freeney's contracts expiring this offseason, but they do have a solid corner that may or may not have been worth a second rounder (time will tell).

Their offense is mediocre; they lack a run game and their receivers are inconsistent. Andrew Luck and T.Y. Hilton look to be a great duo for years to come already, but their weak offensive line will hold them back until it's fixed. Their only solid pieces in the line are Castonzo and Satele (who's a Fin's reject). If Fleener and Allen live up to their potential, they should have a good if not great TE duo to help Luck develop, but so far Fleener doesn't look worth the pick. (again time will tell (*Michael Egnew should be held in this regard too))

If you notice, the games they won were all reasonably close, with margins of: 3, 3, 4, 6, 17 (woo!), 7, 2, 4, 7, and 12. Seven of their wins were by game-winning drives thanks to the heroics of Andrew Luck, who I might mention, is considered the top QB prospect since Peyton Manning. Not every team is lucky enough to replace a Hall of Fame QB with a #1 overall pick. When it comes to their losses, they were by margins of: 20, 5, 26, 35, and 12. Almost every time they lost, they were getting their as*** handed to them on a silver platter.

Honestly, I could see the Colts taking strides backwards next year, not necessarily Luck or the young receivers, but I think the O-line and D-line are going to cause too much trouble for them to make the playoffs again.

Yup there isn't anymore 2 or 3 year plans in my eyes. Jeff gives this staff the talent it needs to win and be a playoff contender this season or it is time to clean house and get someone who can. I know I want stability in the ranks but you also have to win at some point and that point is now.
Seriously this is it. 3-4 years? that's crazy brains. This year is our window. we got a young team, but we have some guys on the wrong side of 30 that we're counting on to be major players on our team. If we have people preaching well wait til these young guys mature, well we'll have more holes to fill, every year in fact has holes to fill, injuries happen etc etc. this is our Now.

Seriously this is it. 3-4 years? that's crazy brains. This year is our window. we got a young team, but we have some guys on the wrong side of 30 that we're counting on to be major players on our team. If we have people preaching well wait til these young guys mature, well we'll have more holes to fill, every year in fact has holes to fill, injuries happen etc etc. this is our Now.

My staff prediction will reelect this, it will either say Miami is ready to contend (based on a good off season) or it will say the front office failed and it is time for change. There is no reason with all that Ireland has available that he cannot make a winning team this off season. I know it is going to have holes but honestly what team doesn't?

You are banking on your QB improving not regressing so get him some help to improve, sign a TE or WR and maybe a tackle if Long walks and then move on to the draft. Get a RB, WR and CB and fill in the rest where needed hell any of those combinations of positions and FA/draft will work. It will tell me a lot about what Jeff's plan is in the coming month when we see what free agents are re-signed and which one are allowed to walk if they want.

It's funny how when McNabb speaks we normally roll our eyes but when he supports our point of view he becomes the voice of reason.

Although now that I think about it McNabb did say Shanahan would ruin RGIII's career.

Add a Greg Jennings (or Mike Wallace)to the mix, maybe a first/second round WR, and Tannehill will thrive. We've seen what he's capable even with less than spectacular tools but he does need more. It's time we spice up the offense if we're going to go anywhere as a team. And to be honest, we don't need to wait 3-5 years for that to happen. With all the money and picks available, there's no reason why we can't field a playoff caliber team in 2013. Get it done already.

I could wait a 3-4 yrs. I just hope the front office will give them the chance.

Add a Greg Jennings (or Mike Wallace)to the mix, maybe a first/second round WR, and Tannehill will thrive. We've seen what he's capable even with less than spectacular tools but he does need more. It's time we spice up the offense if we're going to go anywhere as a team. And to be honest, we don't need to wait 3-5 years for that to happen. With all the money and picks available, there's no reason why we can't field a playoff caliber team in 2013. Get it done already.

Agreed....Tannehill certainly looks the part. If we can add two weapons to WR core he could take the next step. I recall two or three slants that were dropped that very well could have been T.D.'s and at the least very long gains.

Let's assess. We are one of the youngest teams in the NFL (3rd youngest in 2012 maybe?) and we have 5 draft picks in the top 82. That's a recipe for another very young team in 2013. Another 2-3 years and that team will be rising into their prime, so while it seems like a cop out to say 3-4 years, it actually makes a lot of sense. Tannehill lacks experience. We're going to rebuild the WR corps and it usually takes young WR's about 3 years to break through. So, I think that McNabb's prediction makes a lot of sense.

However, it shocks me to hear. Because, nobody on the NFL Network wants to hear 3-4 years about anybody or any team. They're going waaaaaaaaay out of their way to hype up the stars of today and the stars of the major market teams like NY, CHI, etc. They love rookies, but only the ones that are already hype-machines like Luck, RGIII, Wilson. Guys like Alfred Morris, Ryan Tannehill and Stephon Gilmore who are sliding under the radar despite exceptional rookie seasons aren't likely to get much attention on NFL Network. Those rookies had truly eye-opening rookie seasons, but were either overshadowed or played for a less successful team in a less populated market. It takes nothing away from these guys, and they're becoming top professionals among their peers, but the media turns a blind eye. So, to hear McNabb throw that in when it was clear that Andrew Sicilliano and the network weren't interested in discussing it means more IMHO.

If the Dolphins are hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in 3-4 years I will take that. Doesn't mean this team is 3-4 years from playoff contention or fielding a good team, they were talking about the next young quarterback to win a Super Bowl. So I take McNabb's prediction/opinion of Tannehill being a Super Bowl winner in 3-4 years as a compliment. The team needs to have a winning season/make the playoffs this year and hopefully this team can be a consistent playoff team for the long term.

Back
Top Bottom