McShay's Mock for our 1a selection | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McShay's Mock for our 1a selection

Tua is hands down the best QB in this class and I don’t believe there is a definitive recommendation that he has to sit a year. Keep in mind he’s wanting a top 5 commitment from a team or he is going back to school. He wont go back to Alabama to rehab for a year either. If his medical is good this should be no surprise if the Bengals select him.
Not disagreeing with you about Tua being the best QB in this class, but the kids injured and has at least 6 months to a year to rehab. Burrow can start day 1 for them, he’s also grew up in Ohio and played his high school ball there, he would do well for that team and state just for that little fact. I can’t see them passing on a healthy Burrow for an injured rehabbing QB, especially at 1st overall.
But we shall see come April.

Last edited:
Tua is hands down the best QB in this class and I don’t believe there is a definitive recommendation that he has to sit a year. Keep in mind he’s wanting a top 5 commitment from a team or he is going back to school. He wont go back to Alabama to rehab for a year either. If his medical is good this should be no surprise if the Bengals select him.

Actually Burrow is now the hands down best QB in the draft. There was a debate during the year but after the way each of their seasons ended there isn’t a single person out there that thinks the Bengals are taking Tua over Burrow.

Actually Burrow is now the hands down best QB in the draft. There was a debate during the year but after the way each of their seasons ended there isn’t a single person out there that thinks the Bengals are taking Tua over Burrow.

100% correct. It’s Burrow and it’s not close.

Either Burrow goes #1 to the Bengals or that team is messed up even more than I thought. Why take Tua and see if he can get healthy enough to play in 2021 when you can have a healthy Burrow from day one? Mind you that I like Tua but it's not only the hip but also both his ankles so what's next?

I can see us drafting Tua since we have 3 first round picks and could wait and hope he comes back healthy but for the Bengals it makes no sense.

It's anyone concerned Tua may have had a titanium plate implanted into his hip to stabilize the area? There's risk there.

Either Burrow goes #1 to the Bengals or that team is messed up even more than I thought. Why take Tua and see if he can get healthy enough to play in 2021 when you can have a healthy Burrow from day one? Mind you that I like Tua but it's not only the hip but also both his ankles so what's next?

I can see us drafting Tua since we have 3 first round picks and could wait and hope he comes back healthy but for the Bengals it makes no sense.
Exactly. This team has the ammo to risk that kind of pick. The Bengals don’t. As much as I’d love to see Tua in a Dolphins uni, I’m starting to think this team will pass him over if he does declare.

This decision is going to divide the fanbase for a decade unless 1) Tua completely flops or 2) He becomes a perennial pro bowl player.

The opinion divide is just too deep, almost a parallel of America's political situation.

One side absolutely loves him, and the other side thinks he's over-rated and injury prone.

You're giving one side a heck of a lot of undeserved credit

You're giving one side a heck of a lot of undeserved credit

Yeah, I know... some of them will still defend the risk, even after it blew up in their face. Most of the flame-throwers are on that side of the argument.

Miami isn't lucky enough to end up with Burrow. Locked in pick for Cincy for me. We could gamble on getting Tua later in the draft and trade down our first pick which might make the most sense.

Miami isn't lucky enough to end up with Burrow. Locked in pick for Cincy for me. We could gamble on getting Tua later in the draft and trade down our first pick which might make the most sense.
I can accept this...but if we trade our 1st pick, what position do you think the team trading up would be targeting?

I can accept this...but if we trade our 1st pick, what position do you think the team trading up would be targeting?
Interesting question. If we pick at #3 (Which I think is as high as we will finish though #2 and #1 still possible) then you could see some teams looking to move up for AT or JJ possibly.

Back
Top Bottom