McShay's Mock for our 1a selection | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McShay's Mock for our 1a selection

QBs aren’t protected once they are outside of the tackle box though in the nfl. And that’s the exact kinda play tuas hip got injured on.

Right, but when you know you're more protected in the pocket - you're less inclined to leave it in the first place.

You're not going to see defensive players tearing their ACL's in college by trying to avoid landing on quarterbacks to avoid penalty flags like they are in the NFL.

Right, but when you know you're more protected in the pocket - you're less inclined to leave it in the first place.

You're not going to see defensive players tearing their ACL's in college by trying to avoid landing on quarterbacks to avoid penalty flags like they are in the NFL.

True but they have no problem putting their weight on you outside the tackle box. I see Russell Wilson take some pile on like contact. I think it has somewhat to do with the size of the defenders relative to these short qbs.

But I really think tuas thing is he got caught with his knee bent into the ground elevating his hip off the ground and driven into the ground by two 275 plus pounders piling on essentially. Somethings got to give. If that knees not bent into the ground elevating his mid section off it when he takes that contact he’s not hurt. Anyways my take on it.

It's also inevitable that QBs are protected more outside of the pocket, because they're so protected inside the pocket.

Defensive players can't be expected to keep switching gears manually in split seconds based not only on who they're tackling but now where they're tackling them. They're just treating all QBs as if they've got a red jersey on.

You do see flags thrown outside the pocket for landing on QBs or hitting them too hard, hitting them when they're going out of bounds, etc.

I think a lot of it will depend on the QB, too. The ones that fancy themselves tough guys, cutting back inside instead of going out of bounds, delivering the blows, etc...will be afforded fewer protections by the refs.

They protect them outside of the tackle box but that’s usually after they release the ball and a defender shoves the qb to ground or something.

Anyways I get what slimms saying with regards to college defenders taking a lot more liberties contact wise with qbs.

I just don’t think they would have protected him in the pros from the contact he took on the play he got hurt.

Every makes a good case for whom to take with whatever pick we have.For the Love of HOD can we just nail the picks and the players that want to be here.
Young awesome,Tua awesome, Just ****ing NAIL IT and bring this Franchise out of the shitter.
And Tua is coming out.Lock it up!

They protect them outside of the tackle box but that’s usually after they release the ball and a defender shoves the qb to ground or something.

Anyways I get what slimms saying with regards to college defenders taking a lot more liberties contact wise with qbs.

I just don’t think they would have protected him in the pros from the contact he took on the play he got hurt.

I'm pretty sure it would have qualified as throwing your full weight onto the QB, which is now a penalty.

I do think Burrow's feet and elusiveness translate. He's legitimately quick - mind and feet - and he looks like he'll run in the high 4.6's or low 4.7's. Not blazing but fast enough to take advantage of open lanes.
IMHO His mind and feet should have showed up prior to this year had this been the case ~ All things being equal he wont be the oldest and strongest on the field in the NFL year One and I think what appears to be better than average athleticism in College year 4 is going to look a lot more average in the NFL regardless who he pays for

I’m saying mid 4.7s for burrow. Not seeing 4.6s

I realize it’s less than a tenth but still

Actually I am...right now we have 5 of the first 60 picks and 110 million in projected cap space. There is skill at WR and TE, the defense has some quality guys at LB (Baker, McMillian) and good depth with Eguavoen, AVG and Beigel. The organization has added depth in the secondary by moving Rowe to safety and having Needham develop. Add X to that and could be a very good part of the team. Wilkins is developing and Godchaux is a solid D linemen who will be a great rotational player. Taco has been a welcome surprise and will be a great #2 pass rusher. We need talent but the idea of saying but we could have had Jackson is way to simplistic especially if you think he would have done the same thing in Miami.

And as far as the 2018 draft

1st round - Minkah didnt want to be here and Grier got a 1st rounder out of him. Which looks like it will be about 20ish right now
2nd round - Gesicki has developed and is now a weapon on the offense that is completely limited due to a horrid offensive line
3rd round - Baker is a staring LB and continues to develop
4th round Smythe a blocking TE who is still on the roster and Ballage who is just not good but look around him at who else was available, is anyone a world beater? did we miss out on a stud 5th rounder I mean maybe Tre Flowers but thats a stretch.
7th round - Jason Saunders been inconsistent but has a good leg and a solid kicker

So 4 starters in one draft; and while one isnt here it doesn't take away from the fact that was a talented group

If 2020 draft gets 5 starters out of the first 3 rounds (7 picks with comp) plus 4-7 more in FA. You could see a tremendous development in the team

Trading the 11th pick in the 2018 draft for what looks like a 20ish in the 2020 draft is not good business.

4 starters on a 3-11 team. i'm not impressed nor satisfied.

What i know is Lamar Jackson is going to win the MVP this year. If it makes you feel better that we hypothetically passed on an MVP caliber player because we wouldn't use him to his strengths because of our incompetent management then so be it. FYI that same incompetent gm is going to spend all those picks and money this offseason.

I’m saying mid 4.7s for burrow. Not seeing 4.6s

I realize it’s less than a tenth but still

That tenth keeps a guy for getting the angle, or getting the corner. It matters big time which i believe is your point. QBs are not known for running vision or anticipation its more about just covering the ground so timed speed should mean more than people think.

Trading the 11th pick in the 2018 draft for what looks like a 20ish in the 2020 draft is not good business.

4 starters on a 3-11 team. i'm not impressed nor satisfied.

What i know is Lamar Jackson is going to win the MVP this year. If it makes you feel better that we hypothetically passed on an MVP caliber player because we wouldn't use him to his strengths because of our incompetent management then so be it. FYI that same incompetent gm is going to spend all those picks and money this offseason.

4 starters on a team that was tabbed to go 0-16 and could win 4 games should at least move the needle some for you.

He is only MVP caliber because he he went to a well coached team who brought in a OC who had worked with a guy like him, and got him weapons to fit his style. Simply saying he is an MVP caliber because he will win it this year doesn't make your argument. There are a dozen things that go into a player being successful and he had all 12 line up nicely for him.

What does Grier have to do with how Gase would have used Jackson? Grier makes the picks and controls player acquisition the coaching staff has to use the players to their strength. How is Grier incompetent to you? Because he traded players you didn't think he shouldn't have? Did he not draft a guy you "KNEW" was going to be great? I mean everyone passed on Jackson including Baltimore. He would have been a 2nd rounder and maybe could have fallen close to the Fins pick if the Ravens didnt move up. Have you objectively looked at why he may have done things in a particular way? I get not understanding decisions but they are not yours or my decisions to make so why do they carry so much weight with you?

Grier actually has a decent track record of picking guys up and has very good success in the mid rounds, he has never had a big number of picks especially early and this year he has 5 in the top 60 so I have confidence but if you do not that's your prerogative.

Back
Top Bottom