me vs ogunleye | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

me vs ogunleye

Juice_56

Practice Squad
Reaction score
the way these negotiations are sounding and the way the contract is looking that ogunleye wants us to sign, id look him in the eyes and say hell no. id rather have chris chambers signed long term, and who knows how big that contract might be. and mcmicheal, whos contract isnt going to be a small one either.id love to sign the guy but i wouldnt sign him for near as much as KGB much less MORE than him. i mean ogunleye is good, he solid and could get 9 sacks a year i think for the rest of his career, if he was on another team. basicly ogunleye is the one whos back is to the wall. the phins dont need him. david bowens is almost as good or as good when not injured, jay williams provides excellent off the bench talent. personally if i were with drew rosenhaus and he spoke of those numbers id instantly slap him in the face. the reason oguns back is to the wall is that no one knows how well he can play with out jason taylor. once he hits the free agent market next year, yeah the media will be all over it and talk about how great of a defensive end there is out on the market. but he cant expect to get the contract like jevon kearse's. jevon kearse is a proven player that brings intensity and talent. no one is completely sure on ogunleye. if i were rick id use all our money to resign mcmicheal and chambers and say bye to ogunleye.2 great players are better than one great player. i am now done ranting...:yell:

something I have been meaning to ask... who is the jack@$$, Ogunleye or Rosenhaus? Or is it both? because what they're doing is definitely jack@$$ tactics... threatening to sit out 10 games... wtf

wonderl33t said:
something I have been meaning to ask... who is the jack@$$, Ogunleye or Rosenhaus? Or is it both? because what they're doing is definitely jack@$$ tactics... threatening to sit out 10 games... wtf

I'd say both. It sounded like O-gun was a team player, but this is pretty damning in my eyes. Other Rosehaus players have accepted pay cuts etc. OG was an *** as well, and he'll pay for it for the rest of his life. O-gun has EVERY right to say Rosenhaus, I don't want to ruin my career. If he put his foot down, there'd be no problem. On the other hand, I bet Rosenhaus is whispering in his ear to "do what's best for himself" when REALLY he's in for a big payday.

The thing is, we don't know how proven O-gun is. He had two good seasons across from the best DE int he league at this moment. Other DE's have put up similar numbers across from JT and flat out flopped. I think Rosenhaus is trying to get a big payday to cover his ***. If he gets the payday now BEFORE we find out if O-gun is a main-stay, or a flash in the pan benefiting from JT..he's still covered. If he doesn't, and O-gun takes a year and doesn't do so hot...he's screwed.

On the other hand, if OG sits..he's screwed.

I agree, O-Gun is NOT worth 7 million a year. The team can effectively replace him for a fraction of the price, and use the money to lock up key players like 81 & 84.

I'm holding out hope that the 7 million number is a negotiating ploy to move the team off some lower number (I don't know, but let's say 3 million). If O-Gun decides to sit out most of the season, and the team benches him for the remainder, whether they franchise him or not it's highly unlikely he'll find a 7 Million / year contract next season if he's not a pro-bowl player this year.

Remember the player (forgot his name) that went to the Raiders as a free agant after posting great sack numbers the year before? I think it was two seasons ago,,,, but I haven't heard anything about him since. Go figure? I say spend the money on CC and RM.

OGUN is nothing without JT, but still is a solid DE but nothing like Kearse and doesn't deserve that much. JT deserves the money the man still dominates even with double teams.

Gary Miles said:
Remember the player (forgot his name) that went to the Raiders as a free agant after posting great sack numbers the year before? I think it was two seasons ago,,,, but I haven't heard anything about him since. Go figure? I say spend the money on CC and RM.
The difference is Trace Armstrong was about 35 or 36(well past his prime) and his first season with Oakland he missed almost the entire season. Basically the Dolphins were fortuitous that he had that season before he petered out. That could be a testament to Jason Taylor though.

I think its wrong to say Ogunleye is nothing without Jason Taylor... JT didnt play as great in '03 as he should have. I hope this season JT proves he just had an off season.... But back to Wale. I think hes worth about 2 mill a year. He has tremendous talent but if he wants to win championships he needs to look at players like Randy McMichael and Chris Chambers who are still playing out their rookie contracts who are just as good if not as better as him. He should realize Miami doesnt have the money to give to everyone. If he wants to win championships he wouldnt be selfish. I say let him go to chicago or minnesota... Let him eat up their cap and have him go no where in his career. Players that are selfish and ignorant like him rot organizations and never do any good for a team.

If you think about it... its not like hes not gonna be a millionaire anyway. With the salary cap we have now, hes gonna be making big bucks even at the lowest salary.

This whole thing is rediculous and if i were miami id trade his selfish *** we dont need him. Maybe get a second round pick back that we wasted on a third string qb that everyone things will do great because he played 4 nfl games. lol. now thats a joke. "wtf" is up with that? There are so many different directions we could have gone in the qb situation if we would have just waited...

KYfinfan said:
That could be a testament to Jason Taylor though.

I think it is....w/o him Ogun would be decent, but nowhere near what he is now. Thats why nobody else is giving him that humongous deal that he and Rosendumba$$ think hes worth, and why (hopefully) RS wont cave and give to him either.

If he sits other teams will view him as a selfish player who hasn't played in over a year. Do you think any team will give someone like that a huge contract?

Hell no.

Nor should we.

Iamlegend said:
I think its wrong to say Ogunleye is nothing without Jason Taylor... JT didnt play as great in '03 as he should have.
please dont say that... he had 13 sacks, he cant have 18 every year, he didnt run out of steam last year...

are you crazy like juice said he had 13 sacks with double teams. He's one of the best ends in the game. If ogun got doubled almost every play he would have about 3-4 sacks a season. Put anybody, with average NFL talent, on the other side of Kearse, JT, or any other great DE and they'll have a good season because the great DE opens up the other side of the pass rush.

Back
Top Bottom