me vs ogunleye | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

me vs ogunleye

*_*ADMIRAL*_* said:
nice post i totally agree..

I agree, that was an excellent post, but I think the money spent on Jay Fiedler should be spent on either Ogunleye, Chambers or McMichael. The money we are paying Jay to be a backup is silly.

Speaking nonsense?
I'm a big JT fan and thought he was the best DE in the game in 2002, but thought his play declined a bit last year...He still is top 5 in my book but my position stays the same, IMO he was better in 2002 than 2003...
and lacka as far as stats go JT had an off year in every category compared to 2002 !!! But remember we shouldnt look at stats ;)
Our main point of disagreement concerns O-Gun's influence:
You say 'O-Gun got the chances not JT and JT was doubled as much in 2002 as in 2003'
Well I follow the other logic: O-Gun's play should've HELPED JT and not be detrimental to him. The fact O-Gun was at times dominating played in JT's favor...Coaches were reluctant to double team JT because unlike the year before O-Gun was wreaking havoc...As a result I thought JT should've been better or as good last year than he was in 2002...IMO he wasn't...

I won't bother to go through game tape because the past is the past and I'll stop posting, I respect your point of view but i'm not embarrassed at all about mine...

Jason Taylor has gotta be the best DE in football.....there have been games where hes looked like a 2 foot thick concrete wall couldnt have kept him from whacking the living daylights out of whatever poor sucker the opposition had under center. Whether Rosenjerk wants to admit it or not, hes a HUGE, driving reason behind O-Gun's breakout success. Ogunleye would be good on other teams also, I'll give him that, but he wouldnt be half of what he is now without JT on the other side of him.

Juice_56 said:
drew is poo...

Heh heh....you said poo.

I sounds like O-Gun is just as much to "blame" for the greed in these talks. I say this because of the statements he made before the free agency dealing period. That's not to say he's a bad guy, just not a full team player (ex. Chambers).

Pink_Dove said:
Speaking nonsense?
I'm a big JT fan and thought he was the best DE in the game in 2002, but thought his play declined a bit last year...He still is top 5 in my book but my position stays the same, IMO he was better in 2002 than 2003...
and lacka as far as stats go JT had an off year in every category compared to 2002 !!! But remember we shouldnt look at stats ;)
Our main point of disagreement concerns O-Gun's influence:
You say 'O-Gun got the chances not JT and JT was doubled as much in 2002 as in 2003'
Well I follow the other logic: O-Gun's play should've HELPED JT and not be detrimental to him. The fact O-Gun was at times dominating played in JT's favor...Coaches were reluctant to double team JT because unlike the year before O-Gun was wreaking havoc...As a result I thought JT should've been better or as good last year than he was in 2002...IMO he wasn't...

I won't bother to go through game tape because the past is the past and I'll stop posting, I respect your point of view but i'm not embarrassed at all about mine...

I respect your opinion but not your logic. Opposing coaches weren't reluctant to double JT...they were forced to do it nearly every play, despite what Ogun was doing on the other end.

Nevermind this, Ogun is going to have to realize (really soon) that he is going to have to meet incentives to make the money he wants. The fins are obviously not going to cave in and give him a huge signing boner (I mean bonus). I am really happy with the job Rick and the rest of the FO is doing. Now, let's hope Wanny, the QB, and the O-line can get it together.

Back
Top Bottom