Meet Mr. Marshawn Lynch..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meet Mr. Marshawn Lynch.....

Marshawn Lynch is not ever going to be a great RB, he will be average, maybe overhyped like Laurence Maroney.

Well, Im glad you can see into the future, got the NY lottery numbers for tonight too?

As for Maroney, he looked very solid last season, and should have a very good season this year, based on last season and his progression.

I know that. That's why I said alot of teams wanted a RB high, but the quality at that position past Adrian Peterson wasn't that of a first round quality. It's not only my opinion, but that of draft analysts as well. Not saying it's always right, because it isn't. Of course, if Willis is available you probably draft him.

BuffaloSoldier---it's an opinion, that's why I said I think he isn't that great. I don't know if he'll be worse. He just doesn't look as polished or have the physical gifts that Henry nor McGahee had when they were in college.

Perhaps Lynch was drafted a little high but I don't think anyone thought he wasn't a first round talent.

And it would be that hard for him to be an improvement over McGahee because he was average at best.

It's not only my opinion, but that of draft analysts as well. Not saying it's always right, because it isn't. Of course, if Willis is available you probably draft him.

We all know how reliable (:lol:) those draft analysts are.

Well, Im glad you can see into the future, got the NY lottery numbers for tonight too?

As for Maroney, he looked very solid last season, and should have a very good season this year, based on last season and his progression.

Well if Maroney looked really good last year tell me how did Leon Washington look? He did have a better season? Maybe its just because Maroney is a 1st round back and somehow that gurentees success? Washington may of been a 4th round pick but he proved that he is electric in the NFL. Marshawn Lynch isnt that great, he is a good back but he is far from special..

Marshawn Lynch isnt that great, he is a good back but he is far from special..

How do you know if hes great or not??? How does anyone know? He hasnt played a freakin down in preseason, let alone the regular season yet. The jury is out for now.

We have already been through this.

Have ANY of you seen this kid run? I have-first hand.
He will be a good back, but I dont think he is even close to the last two guys you had in there.
It has already been posted, this years draft was incredibly week at RB. After Peterson, and Lynch ...who else was out there? Nobody.
I think by mid-season you will see that Lynch will be a good back, but far from a special back..which means that Lee Evans might set Fluffablo single season reception records...of course that is if your QB can get him the ball.

We have already been through this.

Have ANY of you seen this kid run? I have-first hand.
He will be a good back, but I dont think he is even close to the last two guys you had in there.
It has already been posted, this years draft was incredibly week at RB. After Peterson, and Lynch ...who else was out there? Nobody.
I think by mid-season you will see that Lynch will be a good back, but far from a special back..which means that Lee Evans might set Fluffablo single season reception records...of course that is if your QB can get him the ball.

Aren't you the guy who said Lee Evans would struggle to be a number 1 with wr without Eric Moulds before last year? :lol:

You also stated that Chris Henry, who didn't even start in college and averaged less than 4 yards per carry, was a better back than Lynch. :lol:

So yeah, I'm gonna take your opinion with a big grain of salt. :evil:

I think by mid-season you will see that Lynch will be a good back, but far from a special back

What goes into the criteria of being a 'special back'? Nobody besides LT, IMO, is special right now in the NFL.

which means that Lee Evans might set Fluffablo single season reception records...of course that is if your QB can get him the ball.

That question was answered last season. Wasn't Evans the 9th leading receiver in the league?

What goes into the criteria of being a 'special back'? Nobody besides LT, IMO, is special right now in the NFL.

That question was answered last season. Wasn't Evans the 9th leading receiver in the league?

6th

I'd say Larry Johnson is pretty damn special.

I wouldn't say Larry Johnson is special...He's one dimensional. His recieving stats were better last year than before, but still, you don't worry about him when he's catching the ball. LT, can be put anywhere and do damage. The term "great, elite, special" back is overused. LT is obviously one of the special backs that we haven't seen probably since Marshall Faulk in his heyday with the Rams. A good back is fine. When I said Marshawn Lynch wasn't anything special or was going to be a good back, that wasn't meant in a derragatory sense. That OLine is going to block and he's going to find some holes to run through. It's just of my opinion that Travis Henry and Willis McGahee were more talented backs and could do a few more things with the ball in their hands.

I don't see how anyone can argue about Lee Evans, he's turned into a real stud. I want to see how he plays this year though without the extra defender in the box and a safety probably playing over top most of the time. It'll be interesting. Always is for a WR after they have that huge year....Chris Chambers didn't show up last year. So we'll see with Evans...I think he'll turn out much better than Chris however.

I don't see how anyone can argue about Lee Evans, he's turned into a real stud. I want to see how he plays this year though without the extra defender in the box and a safety probably playing over top most of the time. It'll be interesting.

Well, if Lynch finds holes to run through, as you said, wouldn't that mean it would be necessary for the defense to put that extra defender in the box?

Not necessarily. I'd much rather be giving up 4 yards a pop, playing a bend but don't break, make them do it all the way down the field type defense rather than giving up 80 yard TDs to Evans. I don't think Marshawn has that break away type of ability. It's kinda like in NE, when Dillon had a good year 2 years ago. You gave him his 4 yards a carry and just tried to keep the 20+ yard receptions down with guys like Deion Branch, Brown, and Givens.

I wouldn't say Larry Johnson is special...He's one dimensional. His recieving stats were better last year than before, but still, you don't worry about him when he's catching the ball. LT, can be put anywhere and do damage. The term "great, elite, special" back is overused. LT is obviously one of the special backs that we haven't seen probably since Marshall Faulk in his heyday with the Rams. A good back is fine. When I said Marshawn Lynch wasn't anything special or was going to be a good back, that wasn't meant in a derragatory sense. That OLine is going to block and he's going to find some holes to run through. It's just of my opinion that Travis Henry and Willis McGahee were more talented backs and could do a few more things with the ball in their hands.

I don't see how anyone can argue about Lee Evans, he's turned into a real stud. I want to see how he plays this year though without the extra defender in the box and a safety probably playing over top most of the time. It'll be interesting. Always is for a WR after they have that huge year....Chris Chambers didn't show up last year. So we'll see with Evans...I think he'll turn out much better than Chris however.

I agree with your whole post except the Willis part. :wink: Seriously, Bills kept waiting for him to be special and it never happened. Ravens are gonna be disappointed.

And to add to the LJ point, 4.3 ypc isn't speical. It's barely above average.

Back
Top Bottom