Meet our potential 1st round pick.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meet our potential 1st round pick....

We've already got our 2004 RG. His name is Billy St. Whitley. St. Claire would most likely win the start at RG with Steussie playing RT, and our line would be much the better for it.
=================================

I don't understand what you're trying to say????....

Are you saying that our RG will be either Billy Yates??? Taylor Whitley??? or J. St. Clair????.....

None of them impress me as our possible starting RG.

I've watched Yates and Whitley during the 2003 training camps, and neither appeared ready to start IMO. Maybe this off-season will be different, but I would rather find a proven starting RG, than go with a questionmark like those two are....

PS. Isn't St. Clair an OT???

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

I am comfortable one of the three at Guard. I am more concerned about tackle, but Steussie would alleviate that concern.

Originally posted by eltos_lightfoot
I am comfortable one of the three at Guard. I am more concerned about tackle, but Steussie would alleviate that concern.

same

PS: i thought we're getting bobbie williams?

I agree with the guys that think 20 is way to high for Carey. Not only that but KB's right. He was a better guard his junior year than a tackle his senior year. And I'm a Canes fan all the way. I'd rather have Snee, Locklear or even Justin as my starting RG. Again, not putting Carey down but I'd not take him at 20.

Ozzy rules!!

C.K., Did you merge three names or something? Billy St. Whitley? Irony or typo?

Originally posted by BSQX4

we're all wondering the same thing :)

Originally posted by BSQX4

i thought it was pretty funny. But the more i read about gettng a Gaurd at 20 the more i think we will end up with a Safety or a DT/DE.
Dont go thinking that ogun will not be asked for. Even though the asking may have been a #2, they are just waiting to see what the market is. its a long time til april 23.

another thing, i think the one poster had it right about getting a Smiley in the 3rd or somethin. they will search high and low to find a diamond in the rough G. will we have a third from boston trade? that is a question now.

i think spielman is going to target people at all positions reguardless. he rarely ever brings up a name he will draft. keep that in mind! If you keep hearing we will draft andrews or this or that guy,im 90% sure that is the guy we wont draft.

I really feel that Miami's FO will draft according to NFL potential especially if and when the Boston trade is over. If the trade is for a 2005 pick then will still have:
1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 7.
I would trade down till to the 2nd round and pick up a 3rd.
so we would have a 2, 3, 3, 4, 6, 7, 7.
I've heard through various articles and posts about Vernon Carey that he has been looked at as a guard and tackle which Carey prefers to play tackle. If Miami plans on using Carey as their right tackle of the future than I'm all for picking Carey, but why would they do that when they signed McIntosh to a 6yr deal. I have a hard time picking a guard in the 1st round b/c there are great prospects in the mid rounds to be chosen. Like Chris Snee of BC, or Chris Leckey of Kansas who can play C/G.
I would draft:
2. OT Kelley Butler
3. LB Demmario Williams
3. G Chris Snee or DT Tommy Kelly
on Day 1.
I also like CENTER
4. C Alex Stepanovih of Ohio State (which purely relies on who we pick on day one)

Back
Top Bottom