mel kiper 1/19 mock draft mark ingram to miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mel kiper 1/19 mock draft mark ingram to miami

ugh...looks like it won't let you guys see it...anyways he's got mark ingram as the pick for us in todays mock...here's his take

* Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
The top-rated running back on the board, Ingram will step in effectively for Ricky Williams and improve the Miami ground game. Ingram runs with great pad level and leverage and seems to explode from contact. He has a good burst through the hole and is a terror once he gets to the second level.

Huge fan of Ingram. He'd be the guy I'd take if we can't get Gabbert or Newton, and I'd probably take him over Mallett as well.

couple other things i saw...newton at 10 i think it was to the skins mallet falling to #27 seattle who he hears is higher on mallet than locker but kiper says mallets got a top 10 arm and jake locker no where to be found in the first round

have we not not learned this lesson? we drafted ronnie brown #2 overall to fix the run game and guess what? didn't work.you don't draft a running back first round until your line can run block. build an o-line (dbrick and mangold 1-2) and then pick up the rb scraps like the jesters.

Kiper is an idiot. Ingram is a horrible pick at 15. Would only end up setting us back. If Ireland has half a brain it's not Ingram....Oh, wait...

Kiper is an idiot. Ingram is a horrible pick at 15. Would only end up setting us back. If Ireland has half a brain it's not Ingram....Oh, wait...
i'm not an INSIDER myself but can't fathom why anyone would pay for mel kiper's opinions.as sure as the sun rises in the west kiper is right in the draft.

have we not not learned this lesson? we drafted ronnie brown #2 overall to fix the run game and guess what? didn't work.you don't draft a running back first round until your line can run block. build an o-line (dbrick and mangold 1-2) and then pick up the rb scraps like the jesters.

Didn't work? He made plays and won games for us. That's more than you can say about most first round draft picks. Having big rushing numbers is another story and yea that takes a good line to achieve.

I'm starting to feel good about Ingram at 15. I think he's the biggest playmaker in the draft and may well fall to us. Most RBs I would say not in the 1st round but I think this guy is an exception.

i'm not an INSIDER myself but can't fathom why anyone would pay for mel kiper's opinions.as sure as the sun rises in the west kiper is right in the draft.

Kiper has never been right on who he thinks Miami will select. Maybe Long but that wasn't much of a secret.

As much as I'm really shaky on Mallett and really like Ingram, I think you have to really consider rolling the dice on Mallett if Newton and Gabbert are gone at 15.

As much as I'm really shaky on Mallett and really like Ingram, I think you have to really consider rolling the dice on Mallett if Newton and Gabbert are gone at 15.

I've watched all four of the big name QB play a lot this past year. None of them are ready for the NFL. They all have high risks. Newton has the most. Is it wierd to think Gabbert is to big to play QB? Mallet was soooo unimpressive in half of his games this year. I don't see any of these guys making our team better next year or in three years. This is one of the weaks QB classes I've ver seen. RBs are a dime a dozen. We can find one in much later rounds. Ingram at 15 is a wasted pick. We need to learn from Ronnie. We need a big play maker at 15. If not trade down to the 20s and get Pouncey. Will make an instint impact and help us get back into the 2nd round.

If the draft shakes out similar to how Kiper says...Ingram is BPA. Running backs can be found later..and can be successful. However, Ingram has elite vision..not good..elite. Im normally not a fan of 1st round running backs..but this kid seems like the real deal.

I've watched all four of the big name QB play a lot this past year. None of them are ready for the NFL. They all have high risks. Newton has the most. Is it wierd to think Gabbert is to big to play QB? Mallet was soooo unimpressive in half of his games this year. I don't see any of these guys making our team better next year or in three years. This is one of the weaks QB classes I've ver seen. RBs are a dime a dozen. We can find one in much later rounds. Ingram at 15 is a wasted pick. We need to learn from Ronnie. We need a big play maker at 15. If not trade down to the 20s and get Pouncey. Will make an instint impact and help us get back into the 2nd round.

Disagree with a lot of this. Locker is the much bigger risk - unless you're willing to write him off as a sure-bust rather than a risk - than Newton. Gabbert isn't bigger than Freeman, Big Ben, or Mallett. And, I think this QB class is stronger than the previous three. If I had a coach I really trust with QB's, I definitely roll the dice on Newton if I can't get to Gabbert.

This is dumb, I've seen mocks where Ingram falls to the Pats late late in the first.

Along with the Illinois RB Mickael

Back
Top Bottom