mel kiper 1/19 mock draft mark ingram to miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mel kiper 1/19 mock draft mark ingram to miami

Disagree with a lot of this. Locker is the much bigger risk - unless you're willing to write him off as a sure-bust rather than a risk - than Newton. Gabbert isn't bigger than Freeman, Big Ben, or Mallett. And, I think this QB class is stronger than the previous three. If I had a coach I really trust with QB's, I definitely roll the dice on Newton if I can't get to Gabbert.

I don't see Locker as a bigger risk because I don't see him going in the first round. Newton is a four year project. what is Newton going to do for us? Only a team with a vet QB can select Newton and let him grow for 3 to 4 years. If we select him, we hurt him more than he hurts us. Newton at 15 is a terrible pick. only reason Ireland makes it is to try to 'make a splash' and grab for straws to save his job. 2008 there was Ryan and Flaco. 2009 there was Stafford and Sanchez. There isn't anyone in this class like any of these guys. That is what I mean by a weak class. Gabbert, Loocker, Mallet and Newton will not have the success these guys have in their first two-three-fours years, if ever.

Can we all just agree to trade down our first rounder to a late first and get back our second. Plenty of quality RB's will be available late first and second round, besides Ingram is not even considered the #1 RB in the draft, no reason to take him at 15.

Top 3 Interchangable are

Mark Ingram (Bama)
Mikel Leshoure (Illinois)
Ryan Williams (VT)

I'd be happy trading down and taking either of the 3, and then hopefully picking up DeMarco Murray with a 4th rounder.

I don't see Locker as a bigger risk because I don't see him going in the first round. Newton is a four year project. what is Newton going to do for us? Only a team with a vet QB can select Newton and let him grow for 3 to 4 years. If we select him, we hurt him more than he hurts us. Newton at 15 is a terrible pick. only reason Ireland makes it is to try to 'make a splash' and grab for straws to save his job. 2008 there was Ryan and Flaco. 2009 there was Stafford and Sanchez. There isn't anyone in this class like any of these guys. That is what I mean by a weak class. Gabbert, Loocker, Mallet and Newton will not have the success these guys have in their first two-three-fours years, if ever.

Newton is a 4-year project? As a prospect, he's like a better J. Freeman - throws better, runs better. The game is different. I'll take Gabbert over Stafford or Sanchez. I'll take the combinations of Gabbert, Newton, Mallet over Ryan and Flacco. I'll take the combination of Gabbert, Newton, Mallett over Bradford, Tebow, and Clausen.

Funny how much of our draft will depend on FA pick ups.

It bothers me to bash Ingram because I think you can really do worse than pick up an elite RB but for me there's enough quarterbacks in this draft that there really should be no excuses to not find your guy and go get him.

I'm a big Gabbert fan, of course. For me he's head and shoulders above the rest. At the end of the day, though, it wouldn't shock me too much to see Newton go ahead of him, especially to a team like Buffalo (or even Minnesota -- who coveted Tebow -- in a trade-up). From a purely physical perspective: both running and throwing (not just arm, but accuracy), Newton might be the best prospect since John Elway. Certainly the best I've seen since Jay Cutler. But that comes with several huge, huge caveats. And I'm not ready to swallow any of them right now.

Locker, in my opinion, is a joke of a prospect. I haven't seen a quarterback more overrated since Andre Woodson was early in the 2008 draft run up.

Ryan Mallett scares me away pretty definitively right now. I'm willing to have my mind changed I suppose but from every game i've watched of him and everything I've read the guy is not a hard worker, is considered a douche, folds under pressure, is a selfish player, has bad footwork, has a mediocre release and, uh... what else do you need to know? I see Kerry Collins when I watch him and JaMarcus Russell when I read about him (not that Collins didn't also have his run-ins with the law). At least Chad Henne had a high floor as a prospect. I don't see a big time ceiling for Mallett but I do see a pretty low floor for him.

I will break something if we draft Ingram, I think he'll be a solid pro but there are so many runningbacks that we can get as long as you get an offensive line. James starks has revived the packers running game, WHO THE HELL IS JAMES STARKS?! ... If Mallett is sitting there at 15, i pray we take him. stop it with the later round qbs.

Still say trade for Kyle Orton, 3rd and Henne or 3rd and later conditional pick.

15-1.png
Miami Dolphins

Record: 7-9

mia-1.gif

* Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

The top-rated running back on the board, Ingram will step in effectively for Ricky Williams and improve the Miami ground game. Ingram runs with great pad level and leverage and seems to explode from contact. He has a good burst through the hole and is a terror once he gets to the second level

I personally think we trade down. Ingram is good, but not worthy of the 15th pick IMO. As others have said, there are plenty of RB's to be had later. We need an impact player in Round 1.

I would not mind him, but do not want him at 15. I would like to trade down and get some extra picks. If we can not get gabbert, I am personally leaning towards delvin or stanzi.

I think we'll trade down too because if there is anything this organization knows, it's avoiding any sort of change in philosophy like the plague.

Newton is a 4-year project? As a prospect, he's like a better J. Freeman - throws better, runs better. The game is different. I'll take Gabbert over Stafford or Sanchez. I'll take the combinations of Gabbert, Newton, Mallet over Ryan and Flacco. I'll take the combination of Gabbert, Newton, Mallett over Bradford, Tebow, and Clausen.

What games did you watch where Newton gave you this idea? I watched almost all of Newtons games and that is one comparison I definetly would not make. Running, yes. Passing? not even close..

Not even sure where to go with this. Trying to figure out where you are from that has you in luv with Gabbert. The guy is not a franchise QB. Take him over Stafford or Snachez. Hmm, really? Sanchez the AFC champ games his first two years. Stafford is a great QB on a real crappy team. I'd take either in a heartbeat over Gabbert. I think Newton has a spell on people. The guy is an athlete yes. 100% agree. Sorry but he is not an NFL QB. At least now right now. It is going to take years for him to learn a pro style offense and how to read defenses. YEARS. he line about take the three over Ryan and Flacco...seriously, seriously? There is zero logic there.

What games did you watch where Newton gave you this idea? I watched almost all of Newtons games and that is one comparison I definetly would not make. Running, yes. Passing? not even close..

As a prospect Newton is head and shoulders above where Freeman was as a prospect coming out of K. State.

Not even sure where to go with this. Trying to figure out where you are from that has you in luv with Gabbert. The guy is not a franchise QB. Take him over Stafford or Snachez. Hmm, really? Sanchez the AFC champ games his first two years. Stafford is a great QB on a real crappy team. I'd take either in a heartbeat over Gabbert. I think Newton has a spell on people. The guy is an athlete yes. 100% agree. Sorry but he is not an NFL QB. At least now right now. It is going to take years for him to learn a pro style offense and how to read defenses. YEARS. he line about take the three over Ryan and Flacco...seriously, seriously? There is zero logic there.

You're talking about what these players did in the NFL. I'm comparing them prospect vs. prospect. Until you can grasp that concept, don't talk to me about logic.

Back
Top Bottom