mel kiper 1/19 mock draft mark ingram to miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mel kiper 1/19 mock draft mark ingram to miami

I'd have mixed feelings about the pick. I'd like to see us trade up to get a franchise quarterback or trade down to get some value in the 2nd. I wouldn't be thrilled with taking a running back at 15. Don't get wrong Mark Ingham will be a hell of an nfl running back. Great vision, and just an ability to make that first guy miss on such a consistent basis. I just don't think it is the time and place for us to take a running back.

You're talking about what these players did in the NFL. I'm comparing them prospect vs. prospect. Until you can grasp that concept, don't talk to me about logic.

You're a little too sensitive. Even if we compare these guys based on college performance, your takes still don't add up. The four sucessful guys in the NFL, Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez and Stafford were heads and shoulders above the four coming out this year. You mention in another post we need to go for a "Franchise QB". Yet you refuse to realize that there are NO Franchice QBs in this draft.

You're a little too sensitive. Even if we compare these guys based on college performance, your takes still don't add up. The four sucessful guys in the NFL, Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez and Stafford were heads and shoulders above the four coming out this year. You mention in another post we need to go for a "Franchise QB". Yet you refuse to realize that there are NO Franchice QBs in this draft.

Stop acting like you know how these guys are gonna turn out. The jurys still out on sanchez and stafford first of all so stop pretending like their pro bowlers. I'm sure you thought Rodgers was gonna be a bust too since he dropped to the late first round. If it was so obvious who was going to succeed then teams would take them. You "refuse to realize" that there are potentially 4 franchize quarterbacks that could go in the first round. For you to dismiss any possibility of these guys suceeding is a joke

Stop acting like you know how these guys are gonna turn out. The jurys still out on sanchez and stafford first of all so stop pretending like their pro bowlers. I'm sure you thought Rodgers was gonna be a bust too since he dropped to the late first round. If it was so obvious who was going to succeed then teams would take them. You "refuse to realize" that there are potentially 4 franchize quarterbacks that could go in the first round. For you to dismiss any possibility of these guys suceeding is a joke

LLLOOOOOOOLLLLL. You are hilarious. Thanks I needed a laugh. I'd take the "jury is still out" on Sanchez and two AFCC games any day of the week. And no, you are not as great as a mind reader as you think you are. I was pissed when we went with Ronnie over Rodgers. There are few, very few RB worth a 1st round pick. AP is the level that would support a 1st rounder. Come back in 2 years with these 4 guys and we will see who is right. The point you are missing is the definition of a Franchise QB. Just becasue you select a QB in the 1st round does not make him a "Franchise QB". Brady is a franchise QB and went in the 6th. A franchise QB defines his team. Gabbert, Mallet, Locker and Newton will not define the team they play for in two years. I'll even give you three years, hell four years. So, back to my orginal statement. There are no Franchise Qbs in this draft.

LLLOOOOOOOLLLLL. You are hilarious. Thanks I needed a laugh. I'd take the "jury is still out" on Sanchez and two AFCC games any day of the week. And no, you are not as great as a mind reader as you think you are. I was pissed when we went with Ronnie over Rodgers. There are few, very few RB worth a 1st round pick. AP is the level that would support a 1st rounder. Come back in 2 years with these 4 guys and we will see who is right. The point you are missing is the definition of a Franchise QB. Just becasue you select a QB in the 1st round does not make him a "Franchise QB". Brady is a franchise QB and went in the 6th. A franchise QB defines his team. Gabbert, Mallet, Locker and Newton will not define the team they play for in two years. I'll even give you three years, hell four years. So, back to my orginal statement. There are no Franchise Qbs in this draft.

Henne has been just as good as Sanchez statistically so yeah id say the jury is still out. If the jury was out than every week in the media wouldnt be "which mark sanchez will show up today" or "are you surprised by how sanchez played". Was Rex Grossman an effective starter with the Bears too? You're saying that these guys will not start for 4 years? Since when do teams take qbs in the first round and have them on the bench for 4 years. They all have tools to become effective starters in the league but somehow you know that there is no way they will be franchise qbs. If it was that obvious dont you think the 49ers and raiders would have passed on smith and russell?

It is crazy to me how much a 40 time means when evaluating prospects in the draft. If Ingram were a 4.31 guy, he'd be locked into a top 5 pick. The guy's vision and shiftiness in the hole are unrivaled in this draft. His understanding, and more importantly, his experience in a pro-style offense mean he can also be an every down back as well.

This regime needs someone who can contribute now, and consistently, week in, week out. The RB position is one of the easiest to play right away, but this guy is miles ahead of the next guy. He would also afford us to look at a guy like Derrick Locke in the 3-4 Round range, someone with the top-end speed Ingram lacks, offering us a lot of matchup problems for defenses. Depending on how we address other needs, if/when Free Agency begins, a double down approach at RB could make this offense dynamic.I would be very happy with Mark Ingram at

What is really going to kill us is if the draft happens before Free Agency does. Any combination of DeAngelo Williams/Julio Jones/DJ Williams or Mark Ingam/Steve Breaston/Zach Miller would inject a lot of big play ability into our team. Unfortunately, we might not have any of our holes addressed, and have to really work the draft under a larger microscope. It will be one of the things that make the draft even more unique/crazy this year.

Henne has been just as good as Sanchez statistically so yeah id say the jury is still out. If the jury was out than every week in the media wouldnt be "which mark sanchez will show up today" or "are you surprised by how sanchez played". Was Rex Grossman an effective starter with the Bears too? You're saying that these guys will not start for 4 years? Since when do teams take qbs in the first round and have them on the bench for 4 years. They all have tools to become effective starters in the league but somehow you know that there is no way they will be franchise qbs. If it was that obvious dont you think the 49ers and raiders would have passed on smith and russell?

Your last sentence is actual a great point for me. Too many QBs are labeled as the next "franchise Qb". This is excatly what I am saying. Look how many team drafted QBs like Russell because every couch fan was calling them a franchis QB. I believe putting "franchise" in front of QB set it apart. Meaning' this guy is elite, is going to define my organization ect. If Luck came out I would have said there is 1 Franchise QB in this draft. I am not saying these guys won't play. I am not saying they won't have some type of success. What I am saying is that they are not a Franchise QB. Miami needs a Franchise QB. I did not say these guys won't start in 4 years. I said they would not define their team in four years as a Franchis QB does. To me, these four are all average. Simply average and that's it. We have had our share of average QBs the last ten years. What I am saying if we are not in position to get Better than average, then we need to focus on the Oline, WR and TE. If we improve and have to wait a year for "Our Guys at QB", that is much better for the organization as a whole thatn taking a shot on another average guy.

The QB argument is one where comparing guys to past guys in the draft is almost insanity anyway. There is so much more in play than any other position, and it also hinges on where you got drafted, the players around you, who's coaching them up. Matt Cassel seems to do pretty good, he didn't even start in college. He has 3 years to dissect playing in the NFL, 2 seasons he was good, one not so much. He had great coaching/supporting cast in ME, it showed. Last year in KC, not so much, and it showed. This year he gets Tony Moeaki, Dexter McCluster, Thomas Jones, and maybe more importantly than all, Charlie Weiss. Notice his improvement? Every situation is different, and that needs to be taken into account. Hell if Drew Bledsoe never got knocked out by Mo Lewis, Brady may never have saw the field.

how does mark sanchez define the new york jets??? 2 years in the league you think he defines that team and their success???

It is crazy to me how much a 40 time means when evaluating prospects in the draft. If Ingram were a 4.31 guy, he'd be locked into a top 5 pick. The guy's vision and shiftiness in the hole are unrivaled in this draft. His understanding, and more importantly, his experience in a pro-style offense mean he can also be an every down back as well.

This regime needs someone who can contribute now, and consistently, week in, week out. The RB position is one of the easiest to play right away, but this guy is miles ahead of the next guy. He would also afford us to look at a guy like Derrick Locke in the 3-4 Round range, someone with the top-end speed Ingram lacks, offering us a lot of matchup problems for defenses. Depending on how we address other needs, if/when Free Agency begins, a double down approach at RB could make this offense dynamic.I would be very happy with Mark Ingram at

yep

it has a lot to do with value.

let me know when we get a drew brees under center and then i'll listen to the 7th round rbs make sense argument...drew brees makes a world of difference for chris ivory...

and don't sleep on josh freemans influence on legarrett blounts #s either...although i have to say blounts impact has surprised the heck out of me

Back
Top Bottom