mel kiper 1/19 mock draft mark ingram to miami | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mel kiper 1/19 mock draft mark ingram to miami

Why trade down? Ingram would be a good pick there. Last yr when he traded w/ SD we passed on Earl Thomas who had a great rookie season w/ Seattle. The rb position is most defintely a need. Why pass on Ingram and end up drafting another d-lineman like last yr, when we could of gotten ourselves a play-making saftey that we needed. Enough trading picks, grab him if he is there. :up:

What I'm saying is those 3 RB's

Mark Ingram (Bama)
Mikel Leshoure (Illinois)
Ryan Williams (VT)

Are all interchangeable, plus most feel Ingram will fall past 15 and some dont even have Ingram as the #1 RB prospect. If we trade down and acquire 2nd round pick back we can still draft Mikel or Ryan Williams, plus I've seen mocks where Ingram falls to the Pats at 27. Just my opinion.

ryan williams stays hurt i like leshoure but he lacks vision...and a willingness to get the tough yards inside...

ryan williams stays hurt i like leshoure but he lacks vision...and a willingness to get the tough yards inside...

Good points, I also like DeMarco Murray with a 3rd rounder, great size and speed just the injury scares as usual.

Funny how no one really brings up the fact that Ingram has some injury bug's also.

ingram had an offseason clean up job not a guy that misses time every year like a ryan williams...if ingrams knee cleanup is not a long term issue i don't see how that is a concern...you want to talk about a guy who gets hurt like just about every carry...

thats demarco murray...he's another guy who's always dinged up

Anyone know any insight on the Daniel Thomas kid out of Kansas State?

Supposedly a beast but just a tad too slow, maybe if they slimed him down a bit.

Listed at 6-2 227 with a 4.60 40.

What I'm saying is those 3 RB's

Mark Ingram (Bama)
Mikel Leshoure (Illinois)
Ryan Williams (VT)

Are all interchangeable, plus most feel Ingram will fall past 15 and some dont even have Ingram as the #1 RB prospect. If we trade down and acquire 2nd round pick back we can still draft Mikel or Ryan Williams, plus I've seen mocks where Ingram falls to the Pats at 27. Just my opinion.

I hear what your saying pal, I have no reason to think that by not trading it can't hurt. I have a feeling, call it a gut feeling that Ingram will turn out to be a great player in the NFL. I am not sure Ingram will fall down to 27 or farther. If Miami could trade and fall back to somewhere like 18-22 and Ingram still be there, would be ideal to me. I like LeShoure a little but not as much as I like Ingram. Long way til draft, many thing can happen from now til April.

If we don't draft a QB in the first round because there are none worth it I would want us to trade back for a second round if that's possible and instead of drafting Ingram go for Ryan Williams from VT. IMO Ryan is a better back and will be in the NFL. To a certain degree I feel Ingram was who he was because of that huge OL. Just look at Richardson. Ryan put up very close numbers and VT OL is nothing compared to Alabama's. Plus I think Ryan is faster and more explosive! Also he has only been injured once with a hamstring injury at the beginig of the 2010 season. I wouldnt call that Injury prone...

Mark Ingram>

14 Games
271 Rushing Att.
1,678 Yards
6.1 Yards per Carry Avg.
17 TDs

Ryan Williams >

13 Games
293 Rushing Att.
1,655 Yards
5.65 Yards per Carry Avg.
21 TDs​

Some of you guys are amazing with this dont draft an RB in Round One. As CK pointed out draft picks are not currency.

People please understand that we need serious talent on most positions on offense. If Ingram is the BPA at our pick and he has elite, blue chip talent you dont pass that up.

I dispair remembering how Dan Marino and Shula were so desperate to have a good reliable RB who would share the load with Dan. Believe me if we did we would have won a Super Bowl.

Remember Elway before Terrell Davis. Need I say more.

I'd be just fine with this pick, although I agree we'd have to strongly consider Mallett there, and maybe get someone like Kendall Hunter or Jamie Harper in the 3rd.

Stop acting like you know how these guys are gonna turn out. The jurys still out on sanchez and stafford first of all so stop pretending like their pro bowlers. I'm sure you thought Rodgers was gonna be a bust too since he dropped to the late first round. If it was so obvious who was going to succeed then teams would take them. You "refuse to realize" that there are potentially 4 franchize quarterbacks that could go in the first round. For you to dismiss any possibility of these guys suceeding is a joke

There are not 4 franchise Qbs in this draft. There are some good Qbs with a lot of potential but all 4 of them have question marks on them as well. If we had the #1 pick in this draft, none of these 4 Qbs would be someone we would be dead sold on taking, not one. That doesn't mean that none of these guys won't be good Qbs, it's just more of a risk. I'd be happy with drafting Ingram at #15, and I'd be happy with Gabbert at #15. Any of the other 3 Qbs I personally wouldn't be thrilled about taking at the #15 slot. Trade down to the bottom end of the first round and aquire more picks, and if one of these other 3 Qbs is still on the board, then take a chance on them. Thats just my personal take on it. I could be wrong, have been before. As have we all...

If we don't draft a QB in the first round because there are none worth it I would want us to trade back for a second round if that's possible and instead of drafting Ingram go for Ryan Williams from VT. IMO Ryan is a better back and will be in the NFL. To a certain degree I feel Ingram was who he was because of that huge OL. Just look at Richardson. Ryan put up very close numbers and VT OL is nothing compared to Alabama's. Plus I think Ryan is faster and more explosive! Also he has only been injured once with a hamstring injury at the beginig of the 2010 season. I wouldnt call that Injury prone...

Mark Ingram>

14 Games
271 Rushing Att.
1,678 Yards
6.1 Yards per Carry Avg.
17 TDs

Ryan Williams >

13 Games
293 Rushing Att.
1,655 Yards
5.65 Yards per Carry Avg.
21 TDs​

Ingrams numbers also came against SEC defenses. That also has to be factored in.

kipers hair dye must be slowly seeping down into his skull and clogging his brain pan.

Whoever picks Newton is rolling the dice.

A better version of V. Young is C. Newton's floor. I see a natural leader - something lacking in Young -, a natural passer, and a guy willing and able to be a pocket passer. He's coming out of a spread offense that limited his post-snap reads. I get that. But, I think he's an intelligent guy. When I look at him the lights are on - in stark contrast to Henne, Young, and many of the other QB's some of "us" want to bring in via FA (Kolb and Orton included). I OC's and QB coaches have improved in their ability to teach the position to young players. More QB's are having success in their 1st and 2nd seasons than ever. If the QB is intelligent and dedicated, he can "get it." I think Newton is intelligent and dedicated. It is a roll of the dice. No question. But, I don't think it's the gamble that some people are making it out to be.

Back
Top Bottom