mel kiper 1/19 mock draft mark ingram to miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mel kiper 1/19 mock draft mark ingram to miami

Ingram won't fall much past 15 . . . he won't be available after a trade down, especially if he runs well at the combine and at his Pro Day.

Ronnie Brown has some great games for us, he was also #2 overall . . . if we had the #2 overall pick, we would be talking about Blaine Gabbert rather than Ingram. At 15, you start looking for offensive playmakers. Ingram is an offensive playmaker, so he definitely is in consideration.

It's funny, if his name was CJ Spiller, people would be tickled to death, but because he doesn't have 4.3 speed people want to pass . . . Ingram is a much better RB than CJ (and I think CJ is gonna be good in the NFL) . . . more complete, draft him and get your 4.3 guys in round 3 or 4.

This in no way should be considered a bad pick. You can find all positions late, not just RB, I hate the whole ideal that you can find a "RB" late, you can find Tom Brady late, you can find Davone Bess/Wes Welker late, Brandon Marshall was like a 4th rounder . . . nothing wrong with drafting a Heisman trophy winning RB with your mid first round pick, especially when it fits a major need.

I agree with you to a certain extent, but I'd be disappointed if we didn't do everything in our power to target a franchise QB. Ingram, though, is great.

I agree with you to a certain extent, but I'd be disappointed if we didn't do everything in our power to target a franchise QB. Ingram, though, is great.

Mallet is the key, I saw a mock draft that had us trading down to 25, and we passed on Mallet (who went 27th) to draft Pouncey . . . I scratched my head a bit, because it is almost like you HAVE to take Mallet there, just for the sake of taking a first round QB prospect, a guy who can make all the throws and has a little moxy to him. Yea he crumbles a bit under pressure but many young QB's do. I think both Newton and Gabbert go top 10, and Locker I believe is going to test real well, so his draft stock can go from top 10 to 2nd round IMO.

So at 15, if both Mallet and Ingram are on the board . . . I would have to lean Mallet, but wouldn't be mad if we took Ingram. Hell maybe Gabbert drops a bit . . . but I dunno if I trade my first rounder in 2012 to trade up and get him . . . that scares me.

It bothers me to bash Ingram because I think you can really do worse than pick up an elite RB but for me there's enough quarterbacks in this draft that there really should be no excuses to not find your guy and go get him.

I'm a big Gabbert fan, of course. For me he's head and shoulders above the rest. At the end of the day, though, it wouldn't shock me too much to see Newton go ahead of him, especially to a team like Buffalo (or even Minnesota -- who coveted Tebow -- in a trade-up). From a purely physical perspective: both running and throwing (not just arm, but accuracy), Newton might be the best prospect since John Elway. Certainly the best I've seen since Jay Cutler. But that comes with several huge, huge caveats. And I'm not ready to swallow any of them right now.

Locker, in my opinion, is a joke of a prospect. I haven't seen a quarterback more overrated since Andre Woodson was early in the 2008 draft run up.

Ryan Mallett scares me away pretty definitively right now. I'm willing to have my mind changed I suppose but from every game i've watched of him and everything I've read the guy is not a hard worker, is considered a douche, folds under pressure, is a selfish player, has bad footwork, has a mediocre release and, uh... what else do you need to know? I see Kerry Collins when I watch him and JaMarcus Russell when I read about him (not that Collins didn't also have his run-ins with the law). At least Chad Henne had a high floor as a prospect. I don't see a big time ceiling for Mallett but I do see a pretty low floor for him.

lol...i remember andre woodson...garbage on tape and garbage at the senior bowl when he took reps...just garbage

lol...i remember andre woodson...garbage on tape and garbage at the senior bowl when he took reps...just garbage

Woodson did look like he could be something though during his junior season. He just got lazy and fat.

As for Ingram, wouldn't mind him, but at the same time, RBs come a dime a dozen. Ronnie really wasn't a bust, he had some nagging injuries, and after the 09 injury he just started dancing instead of running forward.

We are still a LONG way until the draft. I wouldn't doubt somebody we haven't talked about yet will be a candidate come draft night. It's just how it works.

running backs with the vision of a mark ingram are not a dime a dozen...i see plenty of running backs in this draft who lack vision...plenty...and that goes for a few of the higher rated guys as well

Runningbacks are not worth taking unless they are cant miss like Adrian Peterson. Ronnie Brown was every bit the prospect and then some of what Mark Ingram is. They have a short career and you dont need them to be a great football team. New England did just fine without one for 16 games and the Packers look to be doing alright. If Mallett is sitting there at 15, it blows my mind that its even a discussion. All we read about is how many years its been since we drafted a 1st rd qb and how many qbs have started since marino. Enough of avoiding them in the first round, if the one we take fails, i wont be mad for trying. The argument against Mallett is that he has Ryan Leaf written all over him with his atttitude, like Phillip Rivers and Jay Cutler have great attitudes. Phillip Rivers is the biggest dick on the field ive ever seen out of a qb and i love it. Better than stonefaced Henne. I can give u far more sucess stories of late round runningbacks than quarterbacks. The top 3 rushers this year were 3rd round or later, much easier to find than qbs

I'd get some WRs before RB in this draft. Da'rell Scott out of Maryland is what we need.

Huge fan of Ingram. He'd be the guy I'd take if we can't get Gabbert or Newton, and I'd probably take him over Mallett as well.

I agree with kiper on this one. I like Ingram a lot and thinks he make a lot more sense then reaching for a qb at 15.

Can we all just agree to trade down our first rounder to a late first and get back our second. Plenty of quality RB's will be available late first and second round, besides Ingram is not even considered the #1 RB in the draft, no reason to take him at 15.

Top 3 Interchangable are

Mark Ingram (Bama)
Mikel Leshoure (Illinois)
Ryan Williams (VT)

I'd be happy trading down and taking either of the 3, and then hopefully picking up DeMarco Murray with a 4th rounder.

Why trade down? Ingram would be a good pick there. Last yr when he traded w/ SD we passed on Earl Thomas who had a great rookie season w/ Seattle. The rb position is most defintely a need. Why pass on Ingram and end up drafting another d-lineman like last yr, when we could of gotten ourselves a play-making saftey that we needed. Enough trading picks, grab him if he is there. :up:

Kendall Hunter RB out of OSU.
Kid is a monster, has speed and power. He seems to be a late 2nd-mid 3rd rd. prospect

earl thomas fell off people like paper machet in seattle all year...exactly what i saw on tape at texas...soft free safety but ball hawk and ball skills

as for the notion of qb over running back with the pick you'll get no argument from me...unfortunately that is where we are as a franchise...rudderless at the qb position

running backs with the vision of a mark ingram are not a dime a dozen...i see plenty of running backs in this draft who lack vision...plenty...and that goes for a few of the higher rated guys as well

legarette blount (1000+yds)and chris ivory (716) were both undrafted last year.

Back
Top Bottom