mel kiper 1/19 mock draft mark ingram to miami | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mel kiper 1/19 mock draft mark ingram to miami

Also, this is the draftinsider report on Colt McCoy:

Analysis: McCoy has been a wonderful quarterback on the college level and led Texas the four years he was with the program. He's been incredibly productive yet benefited from the Longhorns spread offense, which enabled him to pick and choose his targets all over the field. McCoy has a terrific head on his shoulders yet lacks the arm strength and size to lead a team at the next level. He would be an asset on the sidelines and a signal caller who can see spot duty as a starter when necessary.

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2010/QB

Very reliable source . . .

I dont know how my post doesnt make sense. Your talking about what Alabama's team had this yr. not when Ingram won the hiesman. So you proved my point about Ingram. When he had a stout line he was a monster yes but look at this last yr. He was no where near what he was the yr before and thats why Richardson got so many more caries this yr.

As for your comment about him being hurt and showing that the other two backs could be just as productive doesnt make sense. He nearly put up the same #'s as the other two backs in which yes he was injured and played 3-4 games less then the other two backs.

All im saying is that i believe this draft class for running backs isnt very strong and that miami could move back in the draft to get a 2nd round pick and draft a guy like williams who in my opinion is just as good as Ingram. He might not have won a national title or a heisman trophy but not many great running backs in the NFL have.

Oh and im guessing you dont watch VT play otherwise you would know that williams breaks tons of tackles and what he lacks in size he makes up for in speed which ingram wont match... Exaple Peterson, Foster niether have the mass like ingram and they seem to do pretty well id say

You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Trent Richardson got more carries this year because Mark Ingram didn't even play the first 2 games of the season from having his knee cleaned up just before the season started.

Getting Trent Richardson more carries this year was always the plan by Nick Saban and Jim McElwain, no matter what Ingram done or what the offensive line looked like.

You're trying to make a case against Ingram based on the fact that Trent Richardson could perform behind thr same offensive line that Ingram ran behind... yet you're completely dismissing the same logic that applies to Ryan Williams.

Ryan Williams had TWO backs this year that outperformed him running behind the same offensive line.... David Wilson and Ryan Williams had virtually the same number of carries (Wilson had 2 more rushing attempts), except Wilson averaged almost 5.5 yards per carry, while Williams averaged only 4.3 yards per carry.

Hell, Darren Evans was coming off of reconstructive knee surgery and averaged almost 5.7 yards per carry...

Listen... If there's one thing I can guarantee you, it's that I've seen more of Ryan Williams, and every other prospect in any draft that's taken place in the past two decades than you have. You're guessing wrong...

Ryan Williams gets nowhere near the amount of yards after contact that Ingram gets... and the difference in speed between the two is going to be negligible at best. Stay tuned..

Also, this is the draftinsider report on Colt McCoy:

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2010/QB

Very reliable source . . .

Uhh, that pretty much sums up McCoy as he now sits. Dead on. So you chose this article as an example that they are not reliable on analysis? Not a good choice..

Yes, Can Newton will almost certainly be drafted in the first round. He is an exceptional athelete. He is not an elite passing Qb though. He has a lot of mechanical issues that will have to be fixed. He has to learn how to read coverages and schemes, something he has not had to do and no one really knows if he will be able to do. He is nowhere near the passer that Josh Freeman was coming out of college. I understand your infatuation with him, but you are trying to portray him as something he is not, instead of a bigger version of VY with more upside, which is what he is.

Uhh, that pretty much sums up McCoy as he now sits. Dead on. So you chose this article as an example that they are not reliable on analysis? Not a good choice..

Yes, Can Newton will almost certainly be drafted in the first round. He is an exceptional athelete. He is not an elite passing Qb though. He has a lot of mechanical issues that will have to be fixed. He has to learn how to read coverages and schemes, something he has not had to do and no one really knows if he will be able to do. He is nowhere near the passer that Josh Freeman was coming out of college. I understand your infatuation with him, but you are trying to portray him as something he is not, instead of a bigger version of VY with more upside, which is what he is.

What mechanical issues? And what issues that aren't attributed to every spread QB. And, you're wrong. And, you're calling McCoy a QB who is only worthy of spot duty? You don't know what you're talking about at all. You wanted to play the 'let's quote people' game. I did. Obviously, Newton will have to learn how to read NFL D's. That's a concern for any QB coming out of a similar system. If you want to say, 'I don't want any QB who ran that type of offense in college,' just say it.

What mechanical issues? And what issues that aren't attributed to every spread QB. And, you're wrong. And, you're calling McCoy a QB who is only worthy of spot duty? You don't know what you're talking about at all. You wanted to play the 'let's quote people' game. I did. Obviously, Newton will have to learn how to read NFL D's. That's a concern for any QB coming out of a similar system. If you want to say, 'I don't want any QB who ran that type of offense in college,' just say it.

Cam Newton has mechanical issues. That is the only reason he isn't going to be selected as the #1 pick in this draft. He has the size, he has the arm, he has the mobility, the only question mark about him is his freaking mechanics!!

And yes, at the moment, Colt McCoy is a spot duty Qb in the NFL. He has completed 135 passes in 222 attempts, for 1576 yards, 6 tds, 9 ints, and a Qb rating of 74.5. Maybe thats the whole problem here, you think McCoy is a starting QB in the NFL. If you think those are starting Qb caliber numbers, we have just found the problem here, you can't judge NFL QB talent.

Again, what mechanical issues? . . . *crickets chirping*

McCoy played very well for a rookie QB - especially considering his surrounding talent. Suck your numbers through a hose.

lol, no need to get pissy mate, I understand your infatuation with the guy. It's a healthy debate here, in the end neither you nor I know what these guys will do. You have your data that you prefer to go by, and I have mine. I have already shown you several draft opinions that say he has serious mechanical flaws. You choose to ignore them, which is totally acceptable. If he is as good as you believe he is, with no flaws and only upside, and considering all the Qb-needy teams in this draft, then he should be the #1 player taken. If he isn't, then obviously the people who make the decision to pay the guys millions of dollars see something flawed in his game. Simple as that..

I'm not saying he's without flaws or perfect. I'm saying that I wouldn't touch his throwing motion. He does not have mechanical issues throwing the ball. If you're referring to his feet, the same was said for Sam Bradford. So what? He comes out of that offense. I'm not getting pissy, and I'm not your mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying he's without flaws or perfect. I'm saying that I wouldn't touch his throwing motion. He does not have mechanical issues throwing the ball. If you're referring to his feet, the same was said for Sam Bradford. So what? He comes out of that offense. I'm not getting pissy, and I'm not your mate.

Then why is he not considered the #1 pick in this draft? If he is so good, with all these teams needing a Qb so bad, why is he not even considered the top Qb in this draft?

Dude, you are getting way too upset over simple conversation on a topic that neither of us get paid to analyze. It is a freaking discussion board, don't take yourself so seriously.

Back
Top Bottom