MERGED: 1050 ESPN Radio this morning... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: 1050 ESPN Radio this morning...

finatic1354

Scout Team
Reaction score
Ricky Williams Info

Hello guys I have been a long time lurker but I decided to speak up since what I heard this morning can be discussed about. I live here in Central Jersey and I was driving to work. I usually listen to 1050 ESPN radio and they were talking to Chris Spielman about his new HC job and his former teammate Barry Sanders. He made mention that he spoke to his brother Rick Spielman and that he told him that the Dolphins will NOT let Ricky play UNLESS someone gives them 2 first round picks. I for one am glad to hear this. Let Ricky rot after he shafted us :fire: this season. Let me know what you think.

:nesucks:

1050 ESPN Radio this morning...

Chris Spielman on Mike and Mike this morning said that he's talked to his brother Rick and unless Ricky is willing to pay back his 8.8 million AND Oakland gives Miami 2 first rounders, Ricky will be a Dolphin or never play the game again!!!!

His exact words were "He stood that team up man, he stood them right up". He sure did and I don't ever want to see this punk run on a professional football field ever again!!!

:lol:

Sorry mods. Didn't see that I double threaded there!!

I'm glad someone else heard it on the radio this morning! :)

awesome. so whats the deal. i know we have ricky under contract for 2 more years. what happens after those 2 years? is ricky free to play whereever w/o any compensation to the dolphins? so theoreticly he could play in the '06 season and no one would have to pay the dolphins jack? is that how it goes?

Unless this has some type of policy value, I think they're being hard-headed. I'd take a high number 1 from a team like Oakland in a minute.

I disagreed with the way the Lions treated Barry Sanders on a lot of different levels. Mainly because they never really made much of an attempt back then to improve the team and used him as their only draw. With Ricky F him he stuck it to the fins then can't make up his mind. If he wants to play I agree 100% with Rick and we get two #1's for him and his signing bonus. Have fun in Asia Ricky!!! :roflmao:

musk said:
awesome. so whats the deal. i know we have ricky under contract for 2 more years. what happens after those 2 years? is ricky free to play whereever w/o any compensation to the dolphins? so theoreticly he could play in the '06 season and no one would have to pay the dolphins jack? is that how it goes?
No. When and if this pot head wants back into the league, he'll still be under contract for 2 years with Miami. I actually think it's 3 years PLUS he'll have to serve a 4 game suspension, and maybe indefinite. Either way, he's not playing ANYWHERE Miami doesn't want him to. It's a pretty nice feeling for all of us sour fans! :)

I Think Rick S. Is Starting To Make A Name For Himself.. He Signed Cc And It Looks Like He Had A Solid Draft... Way To Go Rick...

So far I'm very impressed with Rick. Started off a little jumpy (Feeley) but its obvious that he really got some good picks in the draft. Extended Chambers. And he's definately not giving in to Wale. If Wale decides to sit out and accrue his season, I'd like to find some way to F**k him out of his free agency. BTW does anyone know how much we're under the cap after signing Chambers??

He really hasn't done a terrible job, although Feeley was all him, so the jury is still out on that one. Think about it, if he is the GM last year, Miami has Anquan Boldin.

Good for you Chris!
He should be pissed off. Ricky screwed both he and Wanny too, after all they are responsible for Ricky being here. His poorly timed, early character issue driven retirement makes their decision to bring Ricky here, and what they gave up for him, look not so stellar.

Also, if Miami was just going to cave in like that and let him go, I think it would set a very bad precident, you've already got players refusing to play unless they can go to the team they want (TO). Letting Ricky go somewhere else next year without serious recompense would be rewarding him for not only biting the hand that fed him, but plucked him from the NFL's "Looney Bin" and gave him a second chance to be star and make millions.

As fans we gave this guy the benefit of the doubt when the rest of the NFL was rejecting him as a mental freak. We took him in, defended him from attacks by rival team's fans, and believed in so many of us bought his Jersey. By quitting like he did, under the circumstances that he did, he made we fans who defended and believed in him look like fools, or at least he made this fan feel like one.

I agree with RIck. Noone will ever give us 2 first rounders so let ricky get high and let his bank account dry up.
as for hammerin hanks predictions.....it doesnt matter. that fat a** is gonna drop dead on the field one day from fat heat stroke

To a point this is just stupid. The $8.8 mil, whatever that is a non-issue. But why ask for 2 first round picks??????

You mean if a team offered 1 first round pick you would't do it? WHY??? Now you are hurting yourslef and proving nothing!

True, I wouldn't give him away and I would want soemthing in return. And I wouldn't even be in a rush to trade him, BUT.........if a good deal comes along do it. Don't be so stuck in the mud on 2 first round picks that you end up hurting yourself in the end.

MikeO said:
To a point this is just stupid. The $8.8 mil, whatever that is a non-issue. But why ask for 2 first round picks??????

You mean if a team offered 1 first round pick you would't do it? WHY??? Now you are hurting yourslef and proving nothing!

True, I wouldn't give him away and I would want soemthing in return. And I wouldn't even be in a rush to trade him, BUT.........if a good deal comes along do it. Don't be so stuck in the mud on 2 first round picks that you end up hurting yourself in the end.

Standing on Principle often hurts and causes inconvenience, thats why so few actually do it.

Back
Top Bottom