Merged 10x: Mel Kiper's first Mock! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 10x: Mel Kiper's first Mock!

After taking a look at some things, I think Justice may be the right call there. His OL coach Tim Davis is Houck's understudy. We believe we have our future LT in Anthony Alabi, but Vernon Carey does not look like our future at RT...but he can play fairly well at LT if Alabi does not turn out to be all we hoped. I think McIntosh is likely a goner.

Jimmy Williams is taking a nose dive and I'm not sure I know why but it makes me nervous. What you don't know can kill you. It could be character concerns.

IHearJimi said:
I don't usually place a lot of stock in early mock drafts, but who does Mel have us taking? You have to be an ESPN Insider to find out. Can anybody help me out?

NJPHIN34 said:
I dont think he has a mock yet, just his big board which has Cutler ranked around 12-14 if you were wondering

Anyone actually look at the first post in this thread? It has the full mock.

ckparrothead said:
After taking a look at some things, I think Justice may be the right call there. His OL coach Tim Davis is Houck's understudy. We believe we have our future LT in Anthony Alabi, but Vernon Carey does not look like our future at RT...but he can play fairly well at LT if Alabi does not turn out to be all we hoped. I think McIntosh is likely a goner.

Jimmy Williams is taking a nose dive and I'm not sure I know why but it makes me nervous. What you don't know can kill you. It could be character concerns.

I've been saying it for a while, Winston Justice is our pick and the best player on the board for us should Cutler not fall.

He fits great. He can play RT or LT so if we find that Carey or Alabi are better on the left than the right then Justice is our RT and both ends are secure. However, he is probably a better LT than either Alabi or Carey so if neither of them are great on the left, he will play LT (at a pro bowl level within a couple seasons) and we can keep Carey at RT or get a road grader down the line.

His versatility allows us a bunch of options which is of huge importance in O-Linemen.

fins5423 said:
Jay Cutler in the top 10????

Sure.

Are you questioning it because he was rated barely a 1st rounder by draft "experts" a month ago or are you questioning it because you've watched game film of him and think he really isn't worth a top 10?

why in the hell would the Lions draft Jay Cutler with the 9th overall pick????

caneaddict said:
I've been saying it for a while, Winston Justice is our pick and the best player on the board for us should Cutler not fall.

He fits great. He can play RT or LT so if we find that Carey or Alabi are better on the left than the right then Justice is our RT and both ends are secure. However, he is probably a better LT than either Alabi or Carey so if neither of them are great on the left, he will play LT (at a pro bowl level within a couple seasons) and we can keep Carey at RT or get a road grader down the line.

His versatility allows us a bunch of options which is of huge importance in O-Linemen.

I agree, but do not see Justice playing on the left side.

fins5423 said:
why in the hell would the Lions draft Jay Cutler with the 9th overall pick????

Harrington/Garcia......are not the long-term answer.
Lots of expert mock's show either Det or Arz (#10) taking Cutler.

caneaddict said:
Sure.

Are you questioning it because he was rated barely a 1st rounder by draft "experts" a month ago or are you questioning it because you've watched game film of him and think he really isn't worth a top 10?

Well i seen him play twice and i was impressed but like you said a month ago he wasnt even projetced as a solid 1st round pick. I just dont see how he climbed that high and hasnt done nothing to do that. I mean the Senior bowl game hasnt happend yet nor has the combined.

top 10 is pretty high for a Quarterback who did have a winning season had had only 21 TD passes.

but i love Jay Cutler and i hope we can get him

No to Jimmy Williams, please.

And don't actually draft lendale unless you know who wants to trade for him... at which point they can just trade for our pick. Getting stuck with a player we don't need because we thought we were being sneaky would be so... Wanny.

I still hope Cutler or Huff falls to us. No one knows at this point.

IMO the smartest GMs figure out who they want NOW and let others be swayed by the combine... and then all the overrated workout warriors will force some real talent down to us.

Mile High Fin said:
Harrington/Garcia......are not the long-term answer.
Lots of expert mock's show either Det or Arz (#10) taking Cutler.

I dont see the Cardinals passing on a guy like DeAngolo Williams.

The Lions need a lot of work on Deffence and there is alot of great deffence players availble for the Lions to get who are a much high calibore players.

top 10 just seems high for Jay Cutler when the Senior bowl game hasnt happened yet nor has the combined.

Unless he does really good in both of those then i just cant see a guy who played on a losing team and who had only 21 TD passes going in the top 10.

caneaddict said:
16. Miami -- *Winston Justice, RT, USC
I don't see us drafting a RT that high with such character questions. I love USC's offensive line...but at LT I'd rather have the monster from Auburn. There seems to be pretty good day 1 depth at the tackle position this year.

Interesting to see that Kiper has Vernon Davis TE going so high. I could see him as being a difference maker on both the offensive line and receiving game.

Jimmy Williams would be tough to pass up.

Back
Top Bottom