MERGED 2X: Colts Go Perfect\undefeated | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X: Colts Go Perfect\undefeated

Brown or Ricky said:
And we played even harder teams the next year and still won the SB.

So what, we won and thats it. You cant reWRITE HISTORY.

I never said you didn't deserve to be Champions, this goes back to a poster saying Indy has had an easy sched. I am just pointing out that the '72 team had the easiest sched of any SB Champ- it's a fact and I'm just posting it but it doesn't mean I don't think they were great. You still had to go on the road at Pitt in the AFC Title Game b/c of the silly rotation they used to have. You were clearly the best team and clearly one of the best ever.

If you win every game you play your the best. So far no other team has done that. '72 Fins we're the best ever.

BE GOOD said:
If you win every game you play your the best. So far no other team has done that. '72 Fins we're the best ever.

That's very flawed, so if a team plays a much easier schedule and plays close games all year they are better than a 1 or 2 loss team that blew out most of it's tougher sched? The '72 Phins were great but not the best, I'd even rank 'the '73 Phins ahead of '72.

my dad has told me numerous times that the '73 team deserved to go undefeated more than the '72 team

nyjunc said:
That's very flawed, so if a team plays a much easier schedule and plays close games all year they are better than a 1 or 2 loss team that blew out most of it's tougher sched? The '72 Phins were great but not the best, I'd even rank 'the '73 Phins ahead of '72.

To compare the NFL from years ago to today is different, but it is still the NFL. Years ago the guys had jobs in the off season and came to camp to get in shape. Now it is a highly paid year around job, but it has always been hard to win them all. Teams don't play on paper, so until someone does win them all, and Indy might, the 72 Dolphins are the greatest to take the field. It is all about winning.

kastofsna120 said:
my dad has told me numerous times that the '73 team deserved to go undefeated more than the '72 team

yep, I agree and think the '73 team would have kicked the az off the '72 team 8 out of 10 times. Many including Shula have said '73 was the better team.

Back
Top Bottom