MERGED 2X: Colts Go Perfect\undefeated | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X: Colts Go Perfect\undefeated

nyjunc said:
I was responding to someone talking about how weak Indy's sched is, to be fair you must also mention how weak Miami's sched was in '72. this colts sched is ALOT tougher than that Miami sched.

no, you weren't trying to "be fair."... but to be annoying... the colts schedule is NOT easy... and they will lose ...

as for the Dolphins... you weren't even alive then, so don't pontificate how "easy" it was for them back then based on records and heresay you've absorbed... k?.... i'm quite sure you couldn't name more than 10 members of the greatest team ever without googling it for yourself, so please don't suggest you know anything more about Miami's history than anyone else here...

with every post you make, you look more and more like... well... a new york fool...

PressCoverage said:
no, you weren't trying to "be fair."... but to be annoying... the colts schedule is NOT easy... and they will lose ...

as for the Dolphins... you weren't even alive then, so don't pontificate how "easy" it was for them back then based on records and heresay you've absorbed... k?.... i'm quite sure you couldn't name more than 10 members of the greatest team ever without googling it for yourself, so please don't suggest you know anything more about Miami's history than anyone else here...

with every post you make, you look more and more like... well... a new york fool...

I can name 10 members of the '84 Niners or '85 Bears, do you want me to?

Go back and check my first post in this thread ans see waht it was in response to then get back to me. I was not in here attacking the dolphins just making a point and yes I was not alive when they did it but when you don't play a playoff team all year and the you only played 2 teams w/ winning records(8-6 each) and the win % of the opponents was the worst of any SB Champions then yes it's safe to assume you had the easiest reg season sched.

nyjunc said:

terrific... want a medal?... what's your point? please don't say they were better than the '72 dolphins... i mean, the Bears got destroyed by Miami, a team with absolutely no defense... the '84 Niners were great, but not better than Miami... and they lost at home to Pittsburgh!... i'd daresay the '89 team was better for them... so, you miss the mark... again..

nyjunc said:
Go back and check my first post in this thread ans see waht it was in response to then get back to me. I was not in here attacking the dolphins just making a point and yes I was not alive when they did it but when you don't play a playoff team all year and the you only played 2 teams w/ winning records(8-6 each) and the win % of the opponents was the worst of any SB Champions then yes it's safe to assume you had the easiest reg season sched.

do some research and tell me what was the combined record of 72 Miami opponents when they PLAYED miami... not how they finished the season... you can assume all you want, and put any unsolicited slant on the Miami team you like as yet another veiled insult to our team's accomplishments... but really, yours is the same dumb logic that had the Redskins installed as a favorite for that Super Bowl... and they essentially got their sorry a**es SHUT OUT...

obviously, you judge historical teams based on points for, and points against... the same surface crap you dismiss in your hypocritical criticism of Zach Thomas (stats don't tell the story, blah blah)... but when it suits you, suddenly Miami had a cakewalk... ours wasn't a team designed to blow opponents out... we grinded out victories better and more consistently than any team in history....

but i'm sure in your weak mind, Namath's 68 team would have handled the 17-0 Dolphins.... huh?

oh boy, here comes another anti-homer comment from me

the '72 dolphins weren't better than the '85 bears or '84 niners. period

nyjunc said:
I was responding to someone talking about how weak Indy's sched is, to be fair you must also mention how weak Miami's sched was in '72. this colts sched is ALOT tougher than that Miami sched.

If the Jets didn't suck so bad, it wouldn't have been that easy. :rolleyes:

nyjunc said:

in the last 33 years im sure theres been other teams that had easy schedules and didn't do it.

why try to dilute the simple fact that 72 phins are the ONLY undefeated team in NFL history.

it doesn't require sub notes **they had an easy schedule, or anything else.

lots of teams had easy schedules, lots of teams played 14 game seasons.

kastofsna120 said:

well, besides the fact that comparing teams from different eras is as ******ed as arguing on the internet -- this is impossible to prove... average weights and speeds were totally different... the game was different...

but the '84 49ers didn't exactly have a juggernaut set of obstacles that year either... neither the bears nor the giants had any semblance of a passing game in the playoffs that year.... there was little resistance in the NFC west, and besides the 11-5 Redskins and 10-6 Bears, there was nothing much else in the entire NFC in 1984... agreed, they were the best football team inthe league by far, but they were not perfect... and the dolphins totally failed with their gameplan at Palo Alto, barely blitzing and running the ball only 9 times against a 6-7 DB defense look on every down... I know Marino is who got them there, but Tony Nathan and Woody Bennett should have been run more straight ahead at them... Not throw on every down...

and, like i said... the 85 Bears lost badly to us -- with no defense... and nearly lost to the 4-12 Indianapolis Colts the following week... they were an excellent attacking defense, in a changing league that wasn't prepared for them... but certainly not the best team of all time...

closest team to perfection? i'll say the 1989 Niners...

dolfannjb said:
I don't know if you can say all those teams are better than Indy but it can be argued that there are capable of beating them.
I never said they are better than Indy. I said they are better than New England.

kastofsna120 said:

Do you always have to be the *** of the bunch? :chuckle:

BlueFin said:
Nah, they have Pittburgh, San Diego, Seattle, Cinncinati and Jacksonville still on their schedule, at least one or two of those will beat them.
My thoughts exactly! The same exact teams that I were going to mention.

nyjunc said:

Your making yourself look more like a Jets fan with every post. So stop the self humiliation.

terrific... want a medal?... what's your point? please don't say they were better than the '72 dolphins... i mean, the Bears got destroyed by Miami, a team with absolutely no defense... the '84 Niners were great, but not better than Miami... and they lost at home to Pittsburgh!... i'd daresay the '89 team was better for them... so, you miss the mark... again..

Yes they were better, b/c Miami beat Chi w/o their starting QB w/ a revved up Mon night Crowd does not make the '72 team better. The '85 Dolphins were by far better thaqn any team the '72 team played. The '89 Niners lost twice and beat up a Denver team not as good as the '84 dolphins which SF crushed in SB XIX.

do some research and tell me what was the combined record of 72 Miami opponents when they PLAYED miami... not how they finished the season... you can assume all you want, and put any unsolicited slant on the Miami team you like as yet another veiled insult to our team's accomplishments... but really, yours is the same dumb logic that had the Redskins installed as a favorite for that Super Bowl... and they essentially got their sorry a**es SHUT OUT...

I am not taking anything away from Miami, I was responding to someone who waas saying Indy had an easy sched and to ignore thew fact that the '72 Phins played the easiest sched of any SB team is just being a homer. Let me know when they start recording "essentially a shutout".

in the last 33 years im sure theres been other teams that had easy schedules and didn't do it.

why try to dilute the simple fact that 72 phins are the ONLY undefeated team in NFL history.

Once again- Please READ CAREFULLY

I did not take anything away from the '72 team, I just pointed out that they had the easiest sched of any SB Champ b/c someone was complaining Indy had a soft sched implying it would not be as impressive as Miami if they went undefeated when in fact they have a much tougher sched than the '72 team had.

but the '84 49ers didn't exactly have a juggernaut set of obstacles that year either... neither the bears nor the giants had any semblance of a passing game in the playoffs that year.... there was little resistance in the NFC west, and besides the 11-5 Redskins and 10-6 Bears, there was nothing much else in the entire NFC in 1984

They defeated the next 2 SB Champions, a Chi team that would lsoe once in '85 and the Giants only 2 times in '86. In the NFC West there was only 1 bad team(Atl at 4-12), The Rams were a playoff team at 10-6 and NO was 7-9. In '72 the AFC east teams were 7-7, 5-9, 4-9-1 and 3-11 but I'm sure you'll tell me the AFC east was better than the '84 NFC West.

closest team to perfection? i'll say the 1989 Niners...

I agree that '89 Niner was great and it's splitting hairs w/ the '84 team but how was a 2 loss team closer to perfection than a 1 loss team?

do some research and tell me what was the combined record of 72 Miami opponents when they PLAYED miami...

Records of opponents going into the Miami game:

at KC- obviously KC was 0-0, they finished 8-6.
vs. Hou- 0-1 having lost to the Broncos 30-17, den would finish 5-9 and Hou would finish 1-13.
at Min- 1-1, Minny would finish 7-7
at NYJ- 2-1, beat bad Buf & Bal teams, lost to Hou the week before- hou's only W of year. Jets would finish 7-7.
vs. SD- 2-1-1, SD would finish 4-9-1.
vs. Buf- 2-3, would finish 4-9-1.
at Bal- 1-5, would finish 5-9
at Buf- 2-5, would finish 4-9-1.
vs. NE- 2-6, would finish 3-11.
vs. NYJ- 6-3, would finish 7-7.
vs. SL(how did you get 3 home games in a row?)- 2-7-1, would finish 4-9-1
at NE- 2-9, would finish 3-11.
at NYG- 7-5, would finish 8-6.
vs. Bal- 5-8, would finish 5-9.

Let's recap:

you played 4 games against teams above .500 at the time of your game and only 1 actually finished over. 500 but missed the playoffs. The only team that was more than 2 games over .500 finished the year at .500. Yeha this was a rough sched :lol:

Once again, I'm not trying to say they weren't great but I am just posting facts. The '72 team is definitely one of the greatest teams of all-time, obviously you guys will think they are the best and most objective fans would think they are among the best but not the best.

dolfannjb said:
Maybe we should actually be rooting for the Patriots this game so the Colts get a loss on their record and the 72 team is safe. Looking at their remaining schedule there are only a few teams that could have a chance of beating them.
Nov 13 Houston
Nov 20 at Cincinnati
Nov 28 Pittsburgh
Dec 4 Tennessee
Dec 11 at Jacksonville
Dec 18 San Diego
Dec 24 at Seattle
Jan 1 Arizona
Only teams I see having a chance against them our Cincinatti, Pittsburgh and maybe Jacksonville.
Kinda surprised I haven't seen this elsewhere and if it has been please correct me.

I think Pittsburgh can beat them if Ben is healthy.

nyjunc said:
Records of opponents going into the Miami game:

at KC- obviously KC was 0-0, they finished 8-6.
vs. Hou- 0-1 having lost to the Broncos 30-17, den would finish 5-9 and Hou would finish 1-13.
at Min- 1-1, Minny would finish 7-7
at NYJ- 2-1, beat bad Buf & Bal teams, lost to Hou the week before- hou's only W of year. Jets would finish 7-7.
vs. SD- 2-1-1, SD would finish 4-9-1.
vs. Buf- 2-3, would finish 4-9-1.
at Bal- 1-5, would finish 5-9
at Buf- 2-5, would finish 4-9-1.
vs. NE- 2-6, would finish 3-11.
vs. NYJ- 6-3, would finish 7-7.
vs. SL(how did you get 3 home games in a row?)- 2-7-1, would finish 4-9-1
at NE- 2-9, would finish 3-11.
at NYG- 7-5, would finish 8-6.
vs. Bal- 5-8, would finish 5-9.

Let's recap:

you played 4 games against teams above .500 at the time of your game and only 1 actually finished over. 500 but missed the playoffs. The only team that was more than 2 games over .500 finished the year at .500. Yeha this was a rough sched :lol:

Once again, I'm not trying to say they weren't great but I am just posting facts. The '72 team is definitely one of the greatest teams of all-time, obviously you guys will think they are the best and most objective fans would think they are among the best but not the best.

And we played even harder teams the next year and still won the SB.

So what, we won and thats it. You cant reWRITE HISTORY.

Back
Top Bottom