MERGED 2X: Negativity | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X: Negativity

I wish people would quit posting these "You suck because you are negative" threads. Instead of doing this why don't you just wait to see if they are wrong and rub it in their faces? Letting them do like wise if the player does fail (or whatever the case is). Then it would be a "You suck because you were wrong" thread. :lol: haha.

This is the 3rd "quit being negative" thread in one day. Why is every one else so worried that other fans are pessimistic? There is nothing you can say that will make people think differently....its not like they are judging a proven starter in some cases. I'm not saying I agree, A.J. could damn well make a name for himself, and I hope he does. However, those that have their doubts aren't optimistic on a reasonable basis, he's given them no reason to be.

Ok as long as people quit posting the "You suck because you're optimistic" posts. Its gotta go both ways to be fair JP.

Fine by me dude, I just haven't seen a single one of those ("you suck 'cuz you're optimistic" threads) lol.

fin-atic said:
Besides is a fan forum what do you expect. If you sissys can't handle it go to the Sponge Bob forum.

Apparently you haven't been to the Sponge Bob forum. Every thread is about how the next episode is going to be worse than the one before it and how every new character will destroy the show.

Are you kidding me? There may not be as many threads but as soon as some one spouts off about anything optimistic you'll see a negitive rebuttle.
If somebody wants to post their concerns or their excitment about something, great wonderful, but when posters continually attack others because of their point of view, and then sit back and say that their opinion is right and everone else is wrong then yes I have a problem.
It goes both ways JP, pesimists and Optimists. The problem that I have with fin-atic's posts are just that, he complains about others being "overly optimistic" and "unrealistic" and alot of times he's right, but then he turns around and make statements that are just a ridiculous as the people he is complaining about. It's called hypocrisy.

Hellion said:
when posters continually attack others because of their point of view, and then sit back and say that their opinion is right and everone else is wrong then yes I have a problem.

I didn't say that was right either. I'm saying that I don't understand why people post such threads, positive or negative attacks....its condescending and pointless.

Ok I see what you're saying now. I misunderstood you're point.

Can you people stop posting negative threads about people being negative?

Just like some people are getting tired of all the negative people, i'm getting tired of the people that are negative towards the negative people.

The overly negative posters just like the attention. They get to whine if no changes are made and they get to whine when changes are made.

During the 2002 season: "This OL is terrible! We suck! blah, blah blah"

After revampng the OL: "We suck! We have 4 new starters on the OL and I didn't get to select them personally! We suck!"

Same with QB and OC.

blah, blah, blah.......

Like a bunch of spoiled children. All the claims of massive cult-like devotion to the Dolphin FO is complete nonsense. I just don't see the number of posts proclaiming all is perfect.

You don't need to save anyone. Get over yourselves.

And my personal favorite.....the optimists are to blame for the perceived troubles of their beloved team. Give me a break. IT IS A MESSAGE BOARD. IT HAS NO INFLUENCE ON REAL LIFE.

You beloved team is safe from the mind control of the homer cult.

Only a mass defection of fans will impact the team. I suggest you go first.....

you know what really pisses me off? you! your not picking a side! Be negative, or positive, there's no gray area!

...sarcasm if you couldn't tell, your right on IMO

Hellion said:
This is pethetic, you are quite the hypocrite, you are just as bad as they are, you are the grand poobah of pessimism,:cap: the Sir Knight of Negitivity.:horsey:

Pot meet Kettle.

I understand that Feeley is inexperiance and I agree that some are going overboard with optimisim, but for everyone of those there is a "Feeley sucks" or "Feeley is nothing but a backup." When in reality no one knows what the final outcome will be, not you, not me.

No offensive coordinator? Again how do you know that this guy isn't capible of doing the job? You see that he's never been a OC before and you're scared he may fail, so you choose to pass judgement on him and he hasn't even called a play yet. :shakeno:

Patchwork line, well what can you do besides hold a gun to Tate and Woody's head and hold their families hostage until they agree to play for the Fins.
I agree the line is not exactly stable, there is a 2nd year player at LT who got schooled at times last year, but who's to say he won't improve with the added weight and a year of experiance? I hope he does. Jeno James is an upgrade on paper, then you have Mckinney Carey and ________(fill in name here).

To me the OL is the biggest of concerns.

As far as the "negative people" having more substance behind there opinions, well that's just ridiculous, the pesimists embellish just as much as the optimists can.

Where you lose crediblity with me is (not that you care), is that there are some unknown issues with the team such as OC, OL and QB and instead of taking an objective look at it you choose to only see the possible downsides. You crucify people that are overly optimistic as you try and ram your narrow minded opinion down their throats.

Don't confuse objectivity with your perception of reality, because as blissfull as the optimist is in what he/she views as reality, you are on the complete opposite side of the spectrum. You would rather wollow in a quagmire of Hopelessness crying "whoa is me, for I am a discouraged Dolphin fan who sees the true darkness of despair." There is no possiblilty of success because the people YOU deem as untalented or inexperianced have absolutely NO chance of improving or learning.

Nobody is born to be a QB or OC or anything else for that matter, Holmgren Martz, Shannahan, Parcells, Biileck Bellicheck, Shula, Laundry, Walsh, were all position coaches at one time, there isn't a magic light around them that shows that they are special.

When the 49ers hired Walsh and drafted Montana they didn't KNOW they would become a dynasty! They hoped they would have success, and they liked what they saw, and it worked out, but if it didn't guess what? We'd ALL be laughing at the ineptitude of the 49er franchise.

Maybe Feeley will bomb, Maybe Foerster will be the next Kippy Brown, or maybe we have a couple of gems but how in the Fu#k do you know unless you give them a chance first! No one is asking you to blow sunshine up our a$$es on every post but hell get some objectivity, I'd give you a few bucks to buy some if it were possible.

You know what? hind site is 20/20 but foresite is luck and personal opinion.

And for the over optimistic superbowl predictors, just switch it all around and it applies to you as well.

:goodnight
Hellion, that was possibly the best post I've ever read on this subject.

If anybody doesn't understand it or wants to dispute what you've said, you might as well just give up. It can't be explained any better.

If you don't mind I would like to add one point to all this anyway...What exactly, is being negative or angry supposed to accomplish?

No one is EVER going to have any effect on how this team is run or the decisions that are made. No one is EVER going to have their anger noticed by any team official.

You think if you're angry enough and you boo enough, you'll affect change? I don't. I know people that are on here that are angrier than they have ever been at this organization, spitting mad and calling for blood. Booing Jay and Wanny at every game. DEMANDING that they be fired and run out of town.

What happened? Nothing. You know why? Because the people IN CHARGE have their own plans for how to run this franchise.

So what are you going to do about it? Are you going to stop going to games and buying merchandise? Good, then you can start rooting for the Orlando Dolphins when they move because of lack of fan support.

Are you going to ***** and moan everyday on some fansite? If so, then don't be surprised if other fans start getting annoyed with your worthless anger.

Are you going to protest? March on Davie HQ? Send out petitions? Sniper coaches and players?

Are you really taking it THAT seriously? REALLY???

If so, I would suggest you step back and reevaluate.

This is a game and a hobby, if it brings you anger and hostility towards others, then perhaps it's time to really think about why you are a fan and why you post on these fansites.

Gonzo said:
Apparently you haven't been to the Sponge Bob forum. Every thread is about how the next episode is going to be worse than the one before it and how every new character will destroy the show.

:lol: :lol:

DolFinatic718 said:
blah blah blah

every team has holes

EVERY TEAM.

YOU TREAT YOUR FAVORITE TEAM LIKE YOUR WIFEY. SURE SHE HAS FLAWS, AND THERE MAY BE SOMEONE BETTER OUT ON THE MARKET, BUT YOU LOVE HER FOR HER GOOD AND HER BAD.
Good post dude!

Back
Top Bottom