MERGED 2X: Negativity | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X: Negativity

I'm on the teams side. I believe the draft aswell as the offseason has been very good to us, and I also believe we made some huge gambles. To me, gambling is not always a bad choice, and it may be just what this team needs.

But gambling will also cause strong reactions, and the fact that some people can't understand that annoys me. It's a public forum, and allthough I made this post mostly as a joke, there is still a grain of truth in it.

Listen, you may think Boston or Feeley were the greatest buys we ever made, but that doesn't change the fact that we took a chance on these guys. Just because someone here doesn't think that Feeley will be the next Dan Marino doesn't make him a "worse fan" than the next guy. It just means he didn't agree with that single purchase.

I'm very sceptical about Feeley, but that doesn't mean that I don't want him to succeed, or the team as a whole. I actually think that we will be status quo or better than next year, regardless who starts.

inFINSible said:
Hellion, that was possibly the best post I've ever read on this subject.

If anybody doesn't understand it or wants to dispute what you've said, you might as well just give up. It can't be explained any better.

If you don't mind I would like to add one point to all this anyway...What exactly, is being negative or angry supposed to accomplish?

No one is EVER going to have any effect on how this team is run or the decisions that are made. No one is EVER going to have their anger noticed by any team official.

You think if you're angry enough and you boo enough, you'll affect change? I don't. I know people that are on here that are angrier than they have ever been at this organization, spitting mad and calling for blood. Booing Jay and Wanny at every game. DEMANDING that they be fired and run out of town.

What happened? Nothing. You know why? Because the people IN CHARGE have their own plans for how to run this franchise.

So what are you going to do about it? Are you going to stop going to games and buying merchandise? Good, then you can start rooting for the Orlando Dolphins when they move because of lack of fan support.

Are you going to ***** and moan everyday on some fansite? If so, then don't be surprised if other fans start getting annoyed with your worthless anger.

Are you going to protest? March on Davie HQ? Send out petitions? Sniper coaches and players?

Are you really taking it THAT seriously? REALLY???

If so, I would suggest you step back and reevaluate.

This is a game and a hobby, if it brings you anger and hostility towards others, then perhaps it's time to really think about why you are a fan and why you post on these fansites.

Like the wife says "It's just football, not gladiators in the Coliseum. The losers live". :D

I speak for only myself, but sometimes a lot of the negative stuff wears you down whe you're here on a regular basis. Forgive me for not providing specific examples, but there seems to be the same people that always have the same negative spin to a situation. I'm not saying that every single decision, play, or performance should always be the best thing since sliced bread, but when it's the same people that never seem to have a good time and enjoy just simply being a fan, it gets a little taxing. Please challenge the system, please give different views to a situation, but at least try to balance things out by bringing up some positiveness at least once in a while. People that try to be positive can exercise the ability to be positive as much as people have the right to be negative, or in their words "realistic." Remember, we're all family at Finheaven :)

Gonzo said:
Apparently you haven't been to the Sponge Bob forum. Every thread is about how the next episode is going to be worse than the one before it and how every new character will destroy the show.
Best post ever :roflmao:

I mean really is this nessacary, we are all Fin fans. we all love the team it is not at all usfull to beat eachother up over this. We all know how we feel it will pan out. So like someone else said lets see how it does and quit arguing about how it might. I feel it is pretty lame for fans to be down on the team more than the fans of other teams. I mean it is bad enough to defend our team to those moron yets,pats, and jills fans. we should atleast stick together in here.

fin-atic said:
Sorry but why are we going to be better?
Please provide facts not speculation.

Because I have a roster of facts of why we have reason to be sceptical.

I will save you some time:

AJ Feeley-5 NFL starts, 8 College starts. Never beat a winning NFL team and threw a pick in every game.

Fiedler-Has ranked in the bottom mid to bottom half of the league in all major stats, injury prone chokes in big games.

OLine-Carey unproven, Smith promising but rocky year, no guarantee he improves, McKinney has not made a signifigant impact in any of his starts, James good but not great.

WR-Boston in trouble already

Coaching- Has missed playoffs in the last two years, disarray in staffing and decisions.

Those are all facts. I think we have reason to be sceptical.

Besides is a fan forum what do you expect. If you sissys can't handle it go to the Sponge Bob forum.

First of all, the request was to stop negativity not skepticism.

Secondly several of your 'facts' are in fact opinions and several of the others are facts that don't prove anything or even imply anything just because you want them to.

You are very good at using stats to support your forgone conclusions. Fiedler's stats are the prime example. Maybe Fiedler's stats are a product of the offense rather than the offense being a product of his stats.

I get the impression that you are extremely hypocritical. I have seen many, many posts by you claiming that all is lost and that we are doomed to suck. You (along with several others) claim that the last 20 years have been a complete waste. Let me ask you one question and please answer honestly.

Do you get enjoyment from watching the Dolphins win football games?

If so, your blatant negativity reeks of hypocracy. You cannot legitimately claim that it all sucks and that Wanny is the worst coach ever while enjoying 42 wins over the last 4 years.

You can wish for more. I know that I do. To take enjoyment from the victories and then claim the last four years have been pointless is just wrong and I suspect that you know it.....

No there is not a reason to be skeptical. There is uncertainity yes, however why be pessimistic? Why not optimistic? We were 10-5 last year, barely missed the playoffs and were in just about every game (minus Tenn) and we did not LOSE anything in the offseason!

We got another WR, when even on his bad years (last year) his numbers are still WAY better than any #2 wr we have had since the marks brothers.

We redid the oline and lets face they can't be much worse (yes they still may not be world beaters or the best line, but it will be hard to be as bad as our oline last year).

I don't like Fiedler and yes Feeley has not done much YET, but he is learning a WHOLE new TEAM and new offensive system. It takes time to get the timing down with WR's and to learn a new system.

Our D has only lost one player (Marion) and lets face it he was out of position and missed tackles more than not last year. So either or the possible replacements should be fine. We went out and get arguably the best 'nickel' back in the game now (was a starter on the SB losing Panthers). Then drafted a real talented (yes he made a mistake but who of us have never made a mistake) CB that will be our Dime back to start.

Yes there are questions about this team, but I still think there is more reason to be optimistic than not at this point. Come on now, this team still has not even put on PADS yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO PHINS

fin-atic said:
See this is what I mean. AJ can be a "huge" upgrade. Based on what? I mean why should that be so confidently stated? The guy has 13 games since High school. You don't know d-ick about what AJ can do. A HUGE upgrade????

And our young line an upgrade? Why? Because they have new names? McKinney has not been able to handle the starts he has had, Smith showed promise but struggled often, James has one good year and may be the best of the group, and Carey is a rookie that we don't know if he can play NFL ball much less be an "upgrade" over Wade who was pretty damn good.

This crap goes on all the time. But we are the bad guys because we say "hey, on paper and stistically we don't look any better or maybe worse"

Based on What would you call Jake Delhome a huge upgrade for the Panthers last year? Based on what could you tell me the Panthers would be in the Superbowl. You know damn well before last season the Panthers did not enter your mind for the playoffs much less the superbowl. Based on the Blowout by Buffalo did you know that the Pats would win the superbowl. If Miami got beat that bad in game 1 you would already be looking to next years draft and offseason.

What more could the Phins do this Offseason. We brought in depth at secondary(Reggie Howard, Will Poole, Antwan Edwards). We brought in a whole new O-line and drafted a Damn good lineman in the first round. We brought in David Boston. Our #3 receiver choices aren't bad( Thompson, Simmons, and Tolver). We brought in a young QB with potential to compete with Feidler. Now I am not big on AJ Feeley either, and personally think PAtrick Ramsey is a star waiting to happen, but he is the only choice we have. We do not need the reincarnation of Dan Marino to win the superbowl. Example: Ravens, Redskins, Bucs, Patriots. Get over your hate for Wanstedt and Feidler and support this team.

!PapaCrunk! said:
I speak for only myself, but sometimes a lot of the negative stuff wears you down whe you're here on a regular basis. Forgive me for not providing specific examples, but there seems to be the same people that always have the same negative spin to a situation. I'm not saying that every single decision, play, or performance should always be the best thing since sliced bread, but when it's the same people that never seem to have a good time and enjoy just simply being a fan, it gets a little taxing. Please challenge the system, please give different views to a situation, but at least try to balance things out by bringing up some positiveness at least once in a while. People that try to be positive can exercise the ability to be positive as much as people have the right to be negative, or in their words "realistic." Remember, we're all family at Finheaven :)

Excuse me, if the same people who talk about the Greatness of the Front Office, Jay Fiedler and many others would just hold their horses because the facts out there go against every statement that is followed up by this comment. While the negativity that I give and others is bad, its just as bad to have posters who don't know the facts of the game. We aren't a great team, we are a horrible team that has not made the playoffs in 2 years. We are the most overated team in the league, every year we look good but we fail.

ltfinfan said:
yeah stop giving your opinion this is a message board for heaven sake

It has nothing to do with surpressing opinions, and you missed the point completely.
How can anyone bring any kind of intellegence to a subject when they are unwilling or incapable of seeing anything other than their own perseption of reality?
Not only that but, condem someone for their opinion being too far his/her idea of the subject, then at the same time cram his oppisite (but just as exaggerated) opinion down their throat? And to top it off, call it FACT! :lol: And call themselves reaslist or objevtive, when really its narrow mindedness.

As you may have noticed I diid not label who I was talking about, I'm referring to both overly pessimists and overly optimists. It applies to both.

fin-atic said:
Sorry but why are we going to be better?
Please provide facts not speculation.

I will save you some time:

AJ Feeley-5 NFL starts, 8 College starts. Never beat a winning NFL team and threw a pick in every game.

Fiedler-Has ranked in the bottom mid to bottom half of the league in all major stats, injury prone chokes in big games.

OLine-Carey unproven, Smith promising but rocky year, no guarantee he improves, McKinney has not made a signifigant impact in any of his starts, James good but not great.

WR-Boston in trouble already

Coaching- Has missed playoffs in the last two years, disarray in staffing and decisions.

Those are all facts. I think we have reason to be sceptical.

Besides is a fan forum what do you expect. If you sissys can't handle it go to the Sponge Bob forum.

Wow, when I joined this debate I was under the impression that you were armed.

inFINSible said:
Hellion, that was possibly the best post I've ever read on this subject.

If anybody doesn't understand it or wants to dispute what you've said, you might as well just give up. It can't be explained any better.

If you don't mind I would like to add one point to all this anyway...What exactly, is being negative or angry supposed to accomplish?

No one is EVER going to have any effect on how this team is run or the decisions that are made. No one is EVER going to have their anger noticed by any team official.

You think if you're angry enough and you boo enough, you'll affect change? I don't. I know people that are on here that are angrier than they have ever been at this organization, spitting mad and calling for blood. Booing Jay and Wanny at every game. DEMANDING that they be fired and run out of town.

What happened? Nothing. You know why? Because the people IN CHARGE have their own plans for how to run this franchise.

So what are you going to do about it? Are you going to stop going to games and buying merchandise? Good, then you can start rooting for the Orlando Dolphins when they move because of lack of fan support.

Are you going to ***** and moan everyday on some fansite? If so, then don't be surprised if other fans start getting annoyed with your worthless anger.

Are you going to protest? March on Davie HQ? Send out petitions? Sniper coaches and players?

Are you really taking it THAT seriously? REALLY???

If so, I would suggest you step back and reevaluate.

This is a game and a hobby, if it brings you anger and hostility towards others, then perhaps it's time to really think about why you are a fan and why you post on these fansites.

Thank you inFINS, I consider that a huge compliment coming from you. :)

Hellion said:
Thank you inFINS, I consider that a huge compliment coming from you. :)
Thank you and that makes me feel good but, I've been wrong many times about many subjects. My opinion is no more valuable than anyone elses. ;)

...and that's the bottomline to this whole thread. :D

Back
Top Bottom