Merged 2x: Prisco Story on Phins/Wanny | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Prisco Story on Phins/Wanny

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
In-fighting among coaches?

Prisco says there are allegations that the new coaches don't get along with the old ones and that's the real reason for Collier being demoted. Wanny denies this of course.

Oh man this could be a long year.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7359566

Sorry if this has been posted already, I've been away for a while and didn't see it on page one or two.

PhinsmissedFG said:
Prisco says there are allegations that the new coaches don't get along with the old ones and that's the real reason for Collier being demoted. Wanny denies this of course.

Sorry if this has been posted already, I've been away for a while and didn't see it on page one or two.
man this keeps getting better and better

You know the funny thing is you'd still rather be in our situation and have the Dolphins team cause we have a hell of alot better chance than the Bills will for the forseeabale future...so how ya like that?

Finsflurry said:

You know the funny thing is you'd still rather be in our situation and have the Dolphins team cause we have a hell of alot better chance than the Bills will for the forseeabale future...so how ya like that?
how's that? all your good defensive players are getting another year older, you have 0 LB depth, the effects of juicing will(and have already) wear on Boston, Wanny is STILL your coach, you have no QB's, and with the way you are running Ricky, he has about 2-3 years left :goof:

Smoke Screen

An Article from Pete Prisco at CBSsportsline:

One of things that is brought up in the article is about Collier stepping down from the OC postion. The minute I heard what had transpired, I knew that it was just a front for some rift because someone actually wanted to get creative and give the team a chance to win.

"Collier walked away from the job for stress reasons after a couple of weeks, although there are reports there was in-fighting among the new coaches and the holdovers that contributed to the move.
Collier stepped down for health issues to be re-assigned as the running backs coach, but there were reports he clashed with new coaches such as quarterbacks coach Marc Trestman. Wannstedt denied those stories."

This is from the self-diluted Wannstedt himself:

"That is totally false," said Wannstedt. "It was because of health issues."

When Prisco talked to other coaches around the league that were friends with the coaching staff:

" But at least one Dolphins coach has called coaches from other teams and discussed the inner turmoil, according to two coaches from those other teams. That Dolphins coach told them there was a definite line drawn between some of the holdover coaches and the new ones."

In steps Foerster, a guy that has never been more than a TE coach, to call the plays. In my estimation, Foerster will be little more than a puppet. He will be told what and when to call the plays by Mr. Dilusional and his band of merry men.

Wannstedt is going to bring the down the Dolphins much like the Bears. I don't think it will be as dramatic as the latter, but mediocrity will be our middle name.

Don't give me this crap about Dave not being the one on the field. Dave is 41-23 over the last four years. His first 2yrs. he was 22-10 and the last 2 he was 19-13. He has a winning record against losing teams. A losing record against winning teams. He is pathetic against playoff teams. Is it because the team was devoid of talent? No. Did the Dolphins have anymore injuries than the rest of the league? No. Was it because the Phins play a predictable scheme on both sides of the ball? Yes. Is it because Dave does not know how to utilize the weapons we have to best exploit the the other team? Yes.

The sooner we get him out of town, the sooner we can concentrate on achieving success instead of reaching for medicority. But with an owner that only knows what he knows about the game by listening to the sugar coating topping set forth by the Diluted-One himself, God knows how long this charade will go on! :yell:

how's that? all your good defensive players are getting another year older, you have 0 LB depth, the effects of juicing will(and have already) wear on Boston, Wanny is STILL your coach, you have no QB's, and with the way you are running Ricky, he has about 2-3 years left

Let's see, where to start. LB depth? Eddie Moore, Tony Bua, Corey Jenkins, all young LBs with potential to start, all doing well at camp, so you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Boston is 25, his best years are ahead of him, he's passed every drug test, he's reunited with his favorite coach and it's very possible with his workout regimen and diet that he is all natural. Our defensive players minus Seau all have at least 2-3 years of high-level play, which is more than we can say for you. Ricky won't be getting pounded as hard with the improved passing game and looks better than ever so no worries there. Jay and AJ provide our best 1-2 punch at QB in a long time and we have a young, exciting offense with a terrific defense and special teams.... I can't say anything about Wannstedt because I hate him but if we do fail this year I think it will be due to the coaches and the off-field distractions.

This article does do well with making Fins fans any happier. I, on the one hand, can't wait to see Wanny out the door. On the other hand, I am not going to jump up and down and yell at the football gods. I am just going to wait till the games are played.

"The general perception in South Florida these days is the Miami Dolphins are sinking fast, their tumultuous offseason a precursor of what will take place this fall on the football field."

Thats is Prisco's latest assult on our team and its fans...

He is anti-Dolphin period..... He has not said anything against the Fins since he graded our draft and ofcourse gave us a bad grade...

He is not saying anything new, he just wants to keep on bashing us, and with that statement of, "their tumultuous offseason a precursor of what will take place this fall on the football field," he is generally saying that we are a soooryyy football team.

Hell he is not stating anything that has not been in the media already. He is just trying to throw sh** at the wall and see what sticks and sell newspapers.

Butttttt, were are not the NY JETS, and we are not the BILLS, we are not the ones who went 6-10 last year.

Prisco ssays that we should have waited to get vets QBs other than AJ.

Well he forgot to mention that Warner has not won in his last 9 games as a starter even against teams under .500...

He does not mention that Collins has as many INTs as Jay, as many TD as Jay, same comp % as Jay, and a worse QBR than Jay this past year...

He does not mention that Couch is not worth getting if his team benched him in favor of Kelly Holcombe...

Nothing new to add from Prisco, I guess he just wants fans nation wide to criticize, IMO he wants to make others think of us as a laughing stock...

I wonder if Prisco should have been named Pr**k...

PhinsmissedFG said:

Oh man...ya think?

CirclingWagons said:
how's that? all your good defensive players are getting another year older, you have 0 LB depth, the effects of juicing will(and have already) wear on Boston, Wanny is STILL your coach, you have no QB's, and with the way you are running Ricky, he has about 2-3 years left :goof:

What a bunch of Mularkey and SWEEP!

Oliver...

He's right. Problems in the off-season and Wanny sucks as it is... That doesn't equal a bright future usually....

Back
Top Bottom