Merged 2x: Prisco Story on Phins/Wanny | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Prisco Story on Phins/Wanny

Sounds like Prisco is a Jets fan!!?!?!?!? Only Jet fans have that much bias against the Dolphins.

PhinstiGator said:
We did that last year. We signed Griese when it was too late for him to truly learn the offense and make a serious attempt at winning the starting QB position. All the QB's that are available now will be signed as backups.

Spielman was smart. Getting Feeley in and giving him a chance to learn and compete from the beginning is a very good thing. He has been studying the system for 3 months and still has a long way to go. He should be up to speed by the preseason where the final decision at starting QB will be made.

That's why we didn't wait. We did that before and it didn't work. Feeley has a real chance at winning the starting role because he got here early.

Excellent point.

"We didn't perform like we thought in the offensive line, so we couldn't get our passes thrown," said Wannstedt. "That's the biggest reason. But I think we're better there and we will be more aggressive."

That says it right there. Norv Turner and Wannstedt were handcuffed last year. I don't want to hear that "predictable" bullsh*t because of play-calling. The lack of talent on the o-line and QB led Norv to call more run plays than he wanted to. Not to mention that Norv wanted to call more pass plays but was overrided by Wannstedt on occasions because of terrible performances by the QB and O-line. Turner and Wannstedt, last year, did what was best for Miami to win the most amount of games that they could last year.

What was best?? Ricky to the left. Ricky to the right. Ricky down the middle, and shaken all about.

CirclingWagons said:
how's that? all your good defensive players are getting another year older, you have 0 LB depth, the effects of juicing will(and have already) wear on Boston, Wanny is STILL your coach, you have no QB's, and with the way you are running Ricky, he has about 2-3 years left :goof:

oh your back now huh? wonderful. we need a stand up human being such as yourself to tell us all whats wrong with us.

phinfan34 said:
Spielman is looking dumber and dumber...

they made somewhat of a panic move and traded a second-round pick in next year's draft for Eagles third-team passer A.J. Feeley. That move sparked a series of "what" questions from league executives.

"Why didn't they wait?" said one NFC personnel man. "They could have landed a veteran. Instead they get a guy who was third behind Koy Detmer last year."

My bet is that you will end up looking dumber and dumberer. Gannon wouldnt give us much cus he is injured goods and is old. That is why the raiders are moving on. duh.

Finsflurry said:
man this keeps getting better and better

You know the funny thing is you'd still rather be in our situation and have the Dolphins team cause we have a hell of alot better chance than the Bills will for the forseeabale future...so how ya like that?

The Bills Dbackfield is going to get torched. and they still dont have a pass rush. And ststue drew still doesnt have an Oline that is capable of consistantly giving him 5 seconds. Mike Williams, Bust. the new chicago dude is goin to find out what a real D line is all about.

CirclingWagons said:
:lastyr: :goof:
Sounds like all you Jills fans last summer. But I guess it is different if your team is the one that got swept.

considering he mentioned Mularkey, I am pretty sure he was predicting THIS year not last. Come on now.

Well, I guess I didn't really find too much wrong with the article. I've accepted the fact that Prisco is a Jets fan and doesn't have a lot of good to say about the Dolphins, but it's hard to argue with a lot of what he wrote. IMO, the bottom line is, whatever happens on the field when the season starts is what will ultimately determine how positive or negative the offseason was.

Pete Prisco. Well the US Constitution allows anyone to speak freely so thats fine. It's up to the rest of us whether or not we take what Pete Prisco says to heart. He has a job to do, and he gets paid to voice his opinion. The rest is up to you to decide how serious you listen to what he has to say. I for one, would rather go to the dentist then read anything any reporter writes. That's what i feel :cool:

Man, Rick Spielman knows alot more about football than Prisco will ever know. Right now on paper we have the best Dolphins team ever. We are going to do well this year, that's just a given. 12-4 or better and the AFC representatives in the SB...

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
That says it right there. Norv Turner and Wannstedt were handcuffed last year. I don't want to hear that "predictable" bullsh*t because of play-calling. The lack of talent on the o-line and QB led Norv to call more run plays than he wanted to. Not to mention that Norv wanted to call more pass plays but was overrided by Wannstedt on occasions because of terrible performances by the QB and O-line. Turner and Wannstedt, last year, did what was best for Miami to win the most amount of games that they could last year.

What was best?? Ricky to the left. Ricky to the right. Ricky down the middle, and shaken all about.

Well said RUDE..I think some people just love overlooking the facts because the negatives kind of make em feel better I guess. With our O-line last year i'm suprised we won 10 games and we could have easily won two more..

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
Man, Rick Spielman knows alot more about football than Prisco will ever know. Right now on paper we have the best Dolphins team ever. We are going to do well this year, that's just a given. 12-4 or better and the AFC representatives in the SB...

Saying that this is the best Dolphins team ever (even on paper) is just a little too blindly optimistic for me.

The ultra-negative posters that say how we will only win 2 games this year irritate me and posts on the other side of the spectrum are ludicrous as well.

I :dunno:

Pete sounded somewhat objective this time and even threw this in

But if the quarterback position can get settled, and the offense really does come out of the predictable mode it has played under the past two seasons, then perhaps Miami will be a better team -- ending the two-year playoff drought.

Is it me, or does any quote from Wanny sound like someone scratching on a chalkboard?

Back
Top Bottom