MERGED 2X: There is NO bright side!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X: There is NO bright side!!

Oh I agree. This is DEFINITELY not a good thing. We had a "triangle" offense so to speak. You gang up on Ricky, we've got the studs to kill you up top and outside. You double up out there, we rip you apart with Ricky. Well, that ended before it began.

BUT....there is a chance that good things could come of this. Perhaps the rest of the team/coaches finally step up because, without Ol' Reliable, everyone involved is forced to elevate themselves for this thing to work. They have no choice but to make themselves accountable.

Remember guys, we've still got an excellent defense. We've still got two outstanding WRs, a dangerous TE, a solid FB, and an OL that can't possibly be as bad as last year's. Plus, our QB play is also very likely to improve immediately. Competition breeds better play. And having a QB coach (and a good one at that) also helps.

This isn't what we wanted to happen. And there are a lot of unknowns in that offensive backfield. But I think Travis Minor has the ability to make some plays. He is quick, fast, and always seems to fall forward and gain bonus yardage. And we will finally see if Leonard Henry was as good as the 9.1 ypc he boasted his senior year at East Carolina.

So while today is a bad day, I'm actually growing excited again. We have nothing left to lose at this point. Nothing is expected of us. We are now the great unknown. And that's a potentially dangerous combination.

Muck said:
Oh I agree. This is DEFINITELY not a good thing. We had a "triangle" offense so to speak. You gang up on Ricky, we've got the studs to kill you up top and outside. You double up out there, we rip you apart with Ricky. Well, that ended before it began.

BUT....there is a chance that good things could come of this. Perhaps the rest of the team/coaches finally step up because, without Ol' Reliable, everyone involved is forced to elevate themselves for this thing to work. They have no choice but to make themselves accountable.

Remember guys, we've still got an excellent defense. We've still got two outstanding WRs, a dangerous TE, a solid FB, and an OL that can't possibly be as bad as last year's. Plus, our QB play is also very likely to improve immediately. Competition breeds better play. And having a QB coach (and a good one at that) also helps.

This isn't what we wanted to happen. And there are a lot of unknowns in that offensive backfield. But I think Travis Minor has the ability to make some plays. He is quick, fast, and always seems to fall forward and gain bonus yardage. And we will finally see if Leonard Henry was as good as the 9.1 ypc he boasted his senior year at East Carolina.

So while today is a bad day, I'm actually growing excited again. We have nothing left to lose at this point. Nothing is expected of us. We are now the great unknown. And that's a potentially dangerous combination.
I share your same thoughts Muck, Cheers.

Thanks. Maybe I should have created a new thead for that.

FiN.in.RI said:
You dont know what the future holds. Football is a team sport it takes 52 players to win a championship. I am pretty sure that the running back we have to take his place can achieve 3.9 ypc...

Peace
On some real note....We dont know what the future holds your right,, however, its pretty safe to say that a 8-8 or worse i'm thinkiong 3-13 season is upon us. IT takes 52 players to win a championship your right too. but when one of those 52 players are one of the best backs in the game and just ups and leaves.(remember the offense is built around him) its pretty much over kid

fin-atic said:
....if there is ever a time for negativety this is it.
Hmmm. Normally I would embrace such bitterness on the part of my opponents but that is even a little much for me. I think the Phins have enough depth that they can overcome this. If it is any consolation, most Pats fans never thought too highly of Ricky to begin with, we felt that as long as the Dolphins were so committed to running at all costs they were beatable. If having a lesser back makes your team less chained to the idea of running the football it might just make you better....

i know there is alot of hatred and backlash going on right due to this poorly timed decision, but i'll be the first to say(or one of the first)...he was an incredible talent and made the dolphins exciting again after marino's retirement. this organization has never and may never again see a backfield talent like him(czonka and mercury morris included).

that said... thanks ricky, a pre-draft announcement could have put us in position to acquire stephen jackson, kevin jones, or maybe even clinton portis

:cry:

thank you muck...after reading your post i really feel much better about this...this is what i had to wake up to today...and already with the tumult that the dolphins had this offseason i thought it can get no worse, but alas it has, hey maybe now we can cign Ogun

fin-atic said:
You people need to stop. You are making yourself look silly trying to say this is a positive or good thing and it will be okay.

It is a disaster of epic proportions. The exclamation point in what has been the worst offseason in Dolphin history.

So mourn with the rest of us for now and we will try to feel better down the road.

But stop with the positive spin. There is no positive.

Hey, all Wanny has to do is scrap the running game and go with his vaunted passing attack. :roflmao: :roflmao:

As always, Muck, you are right on. I always felt that the fins always believed a little too much of their own pre-season press clippings. No worry of that this year. We will be predicted to be last in the NFL...

Unless we trade for Bennett or Davenport or something...

Well if the season goes to hell then when Wanny gets fired maybe Trestman get promoted to HC and installs the WCO and builds the offense around Feely.

PatriotGOD said:
If having a lesser back makes your team less chained to the idea of running the football it might just make you better....
Ahhhh, what the hell am I saying...? I even had myself fooled there for a minute. This is Travis Minor we are talking about. There is a benefit in being balanced -- but this ain't it. Abandon all hope. The sooner you can learn to love the Patriots the less this will hurt.

:goof:

I have to agree with Fin-atic, while everybody is entitled to their own opinion, sometimes it's hard to believe no matter what happens to the team some fans put a positive spin on it. We could read tomorrow that the whole team in the wake of Ricky leaving decided to quit also, so Wayne to field a team is bringing in the Orlando Predators to play as the Fins and somebody would think this was for the best.

These are the exact things that we persecute Bills, Jets and Pats fans for. It's ok to admit occasionally that your team has had something bad happen, not everything has to have a positive spin.

Ricky leaving has no positive spin, he was one of the top backs in the league, you don't loose a player like that and think "Oh we are better off". If this was any other AFC East team we would be doing cartwheels, so why just because he was a Fin does it make it any different.

As Muck said who know what will come out of it, Had this happened at the end of the season or even before the draft, you may have been able to find some positive to this, but again there is no positive spin to put on this one once you take off the Aqua and Orange glasses.

Wake up homers

We're screwed. We don't have an o-line that can throw Boston/Chambers the deep ball, and the best we can do is be the Redskins of last year and switch up Minor, Russell and Henry.

blingbling2334 said:
We're screwed. We don't have an o-line that can throw Boston/Chambers the deep ball, and the best we can do is be the Redskins of last year and switch up Minor, Russell and Henry.

Why would you want a lineman throwing our receivers the ball? :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom