Merged: According to Kiper's first Mock, the Phins are taking Losman at 20 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: According to Kiper's first Mock, the Phins are taking Losman at 20

Originally posted by dolphan39
Personally, I think the signing if Clint Stoerner signifys that we are set at QB for generations :goof: OK - too much Losman and Rivers talk 4 me :drinker:

i bet you thought the same about Jack Delhomme a few years back.:D

Originally posted by chambers84
We won't take Losman. If Marino wasn't a part of it I would say maybe, but Rivers would be taken by the Fins before Losman. You can take that to the bank.

I think Dan sees alot of himself in Rivers and that ain't a bad thing!!! LEADERSHIP!!!!!!

Originally posted by finfan54
Its one thing to be ****y on the field, another to be ****y off the field. Thats who ryan leaf was.

Difference is Ryan Leaf was an immature jackass who wasn't ready for the limelight that is the NFL.

From all accounts (what I've read), Losman has the maturity needed..

Originally posted by finfan54

i want the dude who is 6-5.:D

Roethlesberger will be long gone by the time Miami picks, only chance Miami has to get the former Miami (OH) QB is to trade up.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
But his biggest drawback is and always will be purely attitude. He's like Terrell Owens in a quarterback. The problem with that is, people will deal with a Terrell Owens at WR, but a QBs surrounding cast will not deal too well with it from their QB. I've read numerous reports that all say the same thing and counter to what Boomer would tell you its not because he switched from UCLA to Tulane its because they've interviewed him or people at Tulane, and they've seen how he plays on the field. I read one guy that said he could see his ego coming out on the field in how he passes the ball and who he passes to. As a QB to be a leader you have to believe in your surrounding cast, and you have to understand that to be a successful offense you need more than one star on the field, you've got to let your teammates shine.

But other than that, physically the guy is about as near perfect as you want. I saw one report that said he's so athletic he could probably be a star playing just about any position, and he's so smart he could do anything he wants as well. But his attitude is so not what you need in a starting QB that he's going to be a coach killer and will consistently look good statistically but kill his team where it counts. He'll bounce around the league for a while from coach to coach who think they can change him, and they won't. The Ryan Leaf comparison isn't quite accurate I don't think. A Jeff George comparison might be much more accurate.

I'd prefer Rivers, this guy reminds me WAY to much of Leaf and Cade McNown, ****y jerks

Good evening everybody I tell you one thing if we pick Losman over Rivers this will tell you how Spielman and Marino's run will be not worth a sh*t. Marino has talked to Rivers said he was amazed at his arm strength. An likemikefan22 said. Rivers Marino alot of hisself.

RIVERS IS THE MAN were ever he ends up he will be a star so why should'nt it be Miami. I trust Marino and Spielman to make the right decision.

Good evening everybody I tell you one thing if we pick Losman over Rivers this will tell you how Spielman and Marino's run will be not worth a sh*t.

Man I like Rivers too, but that's going a little far don't you think?

That being said.....I don't think they would given the word so far out of Mobile....much more to follow before the draft.

Your right NavyFishFan I think time will tell more of this is hear say probably spreaded rumors no tell abou the media. The Senior Bowl will tell alot.

I dont care about the skill anymore from what I hear about Losman he is ****y like Leaf an I don't want him is a me kind of player. Rivers has a family an that will tell you that he is more mature. I heard that he is extremly nice an he is just happy to be apart of the draft. He can't throw 70 yard's but he can hit the #'s on passes he is so accurate.

Originally posted by Noland
Your right NavyFishFan I think time will tell more of this is hear say probably spreaded rumors no tell abou the media. The Senior Bowl will tell alot.

I dont care about the skill anymore from what I hear about Losman he is ****y like Leaf an I don't want him is a me kind of player. Rivers has a family an that will tell you that he is more mature. I heard that he is extremly nice an he is just happy to be apart of the draft. He can't throw 70 yard's but he can hit the #'s on passes he is so accurate.

OH I know it. I like him too....but...I think Marino's shown that he's going to be a factor in the decisions starting NOW and not after 2 years of journeymanship. If we take Losman I'll have to think that Danny was cool with it and he knows QBs much more than I do, so I wouldn't have a problem with it...of course that's easy to say since I don't think they'll pick Losman ;).

I think his "I know I'm the **** regardless of what anybody says" attitude is gonna hurt him though. He's got it so bad that I don't think rookie-razzin at an NFL camp could drive it out of him...just probably make him that much more defiant....but who am I to say.....we'll see.

I have seen this kind of attitude in Leaf an it does not work. When you got that kind of attitude that makes the defender work harder an the media work harder you seen what Leaf went through with the media. Losman by what I hear can be a prick point blank but that is what I hear. Fans say that they don't want Terrell Owens because of his attitude you wait if we get Losman it will be worse because he will be ****y.

I also believe that Marino is a good guy an he don't want that kind of attitude on the team. A positive attitude is one thing but a I better than you is another.

Back
Top Bottom