Merged: Ahmad Carroll | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ahmad Carroll

seriously people, its not like he'd make this team any worse. we may as well.

i heard george michael (nbc4) say that he was a 1st pick in the draft...is that true??

They should take a look at Ahmad Carroll strictly because of his special teams prowess. He was a sensational gunner on kick and punt coverages for the Razorbacks.

Saban knows him, he's an Arkansas player so he knows him. Right now Michael Lehan seems like he's in the doghouse a bit.

allred65 said:
It is the main reason we are 1-3 hands down. Not getting the defense off the field on 3rd down is the second.
So does that mean that if the opportunity comes to sign a guy who could potentially develop into a solid corner, we should pass just because it's not our biggest need?

MustangFinFan said:
i heard george michael (nbc4) say that he was a 1st pick in the draft...is that true??

Nah, I don't remember exactly when.. but Green Bay took him in the late-1st.

I agree with taking a look at carroll. Lehan is nothing special at all so at the least it could improve our depth. At best its a guy who is still developing and was a 1st round choice and has shown glimpses of his talent.

DolphinzD said:
If you watched the game last night, you wouldn't want him.

Absolutely! Last night he was torched and on replays he looked absolutely lost in coverage. And it wasn't instances where he was left out to dry and a safety being in position to help and just didn't (which of course is what our safety's are doing; not giving good help in coverage). He has always been inconsistent. Last night was not an isolated event. Opposing qbs have always thrown to his side of the field since he was considered a liability. I say pass...

PhinsTD said:
He is horrible. He has gotten burned more than any corner I've seen in this league since he came out. He has fantastic physical tools (speed, strength, etc.) but he doesn't seem to put that package together.

He was embarassed so badly on national tv, that they cut him.

Maybe Saban could work with him. All I've seen is him getting cooked by the eagles monday night.

While I'm not opposed to bringing this guy in, his problem is more than just blowing coverage. He has a serious problem with using his hands and has habitually been called for penalties since coming into the league.

ckparrothead said:
You could not possibly be more wrong but I guess to each his own.

You can't try logic, reasoning, and facts ck - the wounds are still too fresh.

NO WAY.... I dont think I have seen a corner get burned soo many times. Talk about Jamar Fletcher being a flop... well this guy is just as bad, maybe worse!

Stocking up on other people's rejects is one of the main reasons why we are where we are today. No, thanks.

What we really should be debating is whether or not he is better than the guys at the bottom of the depth chart. If he's getting cut by the Packers, who have a terrible defense then he obivously is probably not better than Allen, Daniels and Goodman. But is he better than our dime CB or the guy below him? I would hope a guy with 1st round talent would be a little better than a dime QB. Does anyone know if he started for Green Bay? Was he a nickle? dime? I really know nothing about him other than that he was a former 1st rounder.

Back
Top Bottom