Merged: Antonio Bryant agrees to four year deal with Bengals... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Antonio Bryant agrees to four year deal with Bengals...

was hoping to get this guy. don't want anything to do with marshall - not sure who else is out there that fits the bill - and wanted to address something else in the 1st round. if we neglect the #1 spot this FA period i'd put money on us going after crabtree, benn, or tate in the first round - and i don't trust a rook to instantly be ready to be that guy.

was hoping to get this guy. don't want anything to do with marshall - not sure who else is out there that fits the bill - and wanted to address something else in the 1st round. if we neglect the #1 spot this FA period i'd put money on us going after crabtree, benn, or tate in the first round - and i don't trust a rook to instantly be ready to be that guy.
If you want Crabtree in the 1st you'll have to get in your time machine to do it. While you're there, can you place a bet on the Saints winning it all for me?

How about the 1248 yards and 7 TDs he put up when he wasn't battling a knee injury, and had Byron Leftover and a rookie throwing to him, I wasn't on the A. Bryant bandwagon until we lost out on the FS bids. I got on because he does have that 1000+ yard potential and it would fill a hole and eliminate one less need going into the draft.

Is that season the norm in his career? Fact is, if he put up those numbers in 3 straight seasons like B. Marshall than he wouldn't be on the market or would come with a hefty price tag.

6 seasons of 733 yards or less
2 seasons of 1000 yards or more

I see what Bryant is, not what you want him to be. Its not as if Bryant is a spring chicken, he is going into his 9th season. You know what you get, potential comes into play in a players 2-4 seasons, not their 9th.

Is that season the norm in his career? Fact is, if he put up those numbers in 3 straight seasons like B. Marshall than he wouldn't be on the market or would come with a hefty price tag.

6 seasons of 733 yards or less
2 seasons of 1000 yards or more

I see what Bryant is, not what you want him to be. Its not as if Bryant is a spring chicken, he is going into his 9th season. You know what you get, potential comes into play in a players 2-4 seasons, not their 9th.

Good enough, I started to view him as a option only because he is a more complete package then the WR we have on our roster. If we got 2 yrs out of hime while another developed it was a score. Doesn't matter now he is a Bungle!

Our local afternoon radio guy in Tampa said it best. If you thought for 1 minute Parcells was going to bring Bryant to Miami after the blow up they had in Dallas your nuts! He sent Byrant to Cleveland the Siberia of the NFL!

Good enough, I started to view him as a option only because he is a more complete package then the WR we have on our roster. If we got 2 yrs out of hime while another developed it was a score. Doesn't matter now he is a Bungle!

Our local afternoon radio guy in Tampa said it best. If you thought for 1 minute Parcells was going to bring Bryant to Miami after the blow up they had in Dallas your nuts! He sent Byrant to Cleveland the Siberia of the NFL!

Yea, its just some here over value players like Bryant. He has a body of work in the NFL, and its avg at best. So I was never sold on him.

And I do agree, he is a more complete WR than anyone currently on the roster. But the price tag wasn't worth the product being sold.

Yea, its just some here over value players like Bryant. He has a body of work in the NFL, and its avg at best. So I was never sold on him.

And I do agree, he is a more complete WR than anyone currently on the roster. But the price tag wasn't worth the product being sold.

Same thing I was about to post essentially. He is a decent #2 receiver wanting top level money. Im good on him. Never knew what the fuss was about. Meantime Mason continues to dangle out there wanting a very fair contract for a guy who posts top level numbers every year.

Same thing I was about to post essentially. He is a decent #2 receiver wanting top level money. Im good on him. Never knew what the fuss was about. Meantime Mason continues to dangle out there wanting a very fair contract for a guy who posts top level numbers every year.

Reports today from Masons agent are he is going to finish his career in Baltimore. A deal is close and they aren't in a hurry. If we were to bring him in for a visit I see it turning into Ryan Clark Part II.

Reports today from Masons agent are he is going to finish his career in Baltimore. A deal is close and they aren't in a hurry. If we were to bring him in for a visit I see it turning into Ryan Clark Part II.

So Baltimore is going to be the team with a young strong armed QB and a stable or RBs who is smart enough to put some weapons out there at WR and light up the league. Great.

So Baltimore is going to be the team with a young strong armed QB and a stable or RBs who is smart enough to put some weapons out there at WR and light up the league. Great.

You forgot about their defense! Just thought I would remind you :tongue2:

Thomas has the size but does he have the body of work...

and NT has to be groomed..Do you agree?

Williams just makes my mouth water.( In a football way)..I see that size..I see his production...

I see the conference he plays in..

I agree NT does have to be groomed.. part of the reason why the dolphins resigned ferguson with his suspension is to watch over a cody or some type of player or whichever NT lands to us. Im assuming of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree NT does have to be groomed.. part of the reason why the dolphins resigned ferguson with his suspension is to watch over a cody or some type of player or whichever NT lands to us. Im assuming of course.

I wouldn't get your hopes up that Miami will find a stud 3-4 NT in this year’s draft. Do not be surprised when they draft one in round three or later.

Next season NT will be tops on the list to fill via free agency or the draft unless Soliai explodes this season.

OLB, TE or WR and perhaps a FS will be taken and I wouldn't be surprised if they pick up a RB as well.

Back
Top Bottom