Merged: Antonio Bryant agrees to four year deal with Bengals... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Antonio Bryant agrees to four year deal with Bengals...

I think we go NT, first pick..

Dan Williams...

I think we get an OLB and Rec' in either order 2nd , 3rd rounds..

I agree with this. While my preference would be Brandon Graham, I just see them going the safe route with Dan Williams. I think they then go OLB in round 2, and then either another LB or a RB. If they happen to get a WR in the first three rounds, I will be both shocked and pleased.

Would have been an upgrade over any receiver we already got, so disappointed we did not get him.

I'd be happy with Thomas @12 and Gilyard in the 2nd round and then keep my fingers crossed that a promising NT will be available later or during the roster cuts.

Thomas has the size but does he have the body of work...

and NT has to be groomed..Do you agree?

Williams just makes my mouth water.( In a football way)..I see that size..I see his production...

I see the conference he plays in..

Whoever has a problem with this has issues. Bryant was a risk, he has serious knee issues and has been inconsistant his whole career. I actually Cincy is stupid for not signing To. Bryant I wanted to sign, but not for what Cincy dished out. That is crazy money for Bryant.

The WR I want is Mason, yea he is old, but checkout his stats. Excellent leader, Excellent route runner, Can take our young WR under his win and help whoever we draft. A two year deal or one year deal would be great .To bad Ravens want to resign him

We get that nose tackle ...it makes everyone else look better...

Starks and Langford get the one on ones

Get Wake matched up with a Te or back..That could be some sick D....

Wake Imo looks very promising..he played well against some good RT and LT's

in limited PT

The longer Marshall sits out there, the more appealing a 2 looks to Denver.

Or a 2011 1st.

Yea but the Cowboys had Mike Irvin...

We need a tough Wr who can go over the middle..Hartline is good but he is not that guy...

We need a big strong physical guy who can beat the press and go over the middle...

and we need Wr's who can do this in a 2 Wr set...or a 3 Wr set..

Thats why I think Tate is the better Option..He played in a pro style offense...Gilyard did not...

Big East as a conference is really bad as well..

Notre Dame played against great comp almost every game...

I think Tate is the answer...I just hope we can get him..

He def raised his stock at the combine..

I don't Tate is that guy you are looking for. Michael Irvin brought up a great point when breaking down his combine. Tate ran his 40 head down going for a great number to wow people and shoot up the draft board. You can't run a route like that in the NFL, so when he picks his head up his speed will drop.

As far as who could we use to work all the hard routes? At this point I would take a 1 year flyer on TO!

Forget Brandon Marshall. He will cost way too much. There are no WRs in free agency for Miami. They just aren't there.

The longer Marshall sits out there, the more appealing a 2 looks to Denver.

Or a 2011 1st.

You're forgetting the fact that our front office isn't stupid. This isn't the Matt Millen Show or Madden. They have yet to discuss contracts with Marshall and the deadline to offer contracts to RFA's is coming soon. The longer Marshall sits out there the less likely he gets traded. Our team isn't going to let go of 1st day draft picks without a long term commitment from Marshall, and who's to say Marshall will agree for anything less than the highest paid contract at his position?

I don't even know why this fact needs to be explained a million times yet some of you still don't understand how this works.

Our team won't be sacraficing draft picks and paying that contract for a Wide Receiver with as many issues as Marshall has. You guys need to get over that pipe dream and move along. You think Parcells' and Ross are going to give Marshall that money and risk draft picks when he can't even behave himself, to live in South Beach?

You're forgetting the fact that our front office isn't stupid. This isn't the Matt Millen Show or Madden. They have yet to discuss contracts with Marshall and the deadline to offer contracts to RFA's is coming soon. The longer Marshall sits out there the less likely he gets traded. Our team isn't going to let go of 1st day draft picks without a long term commitment from Marshall, and who's to say Marshall will agree for anything less than the highest paid contract at his position?

I don't even know why this fact needs to be explained a million times yet some of you still don't understand how this works.

Our team won't be sacraficing draft picks and paying that contract for a Wide Receiver with as many issues as Marshall has. You guys need to get over that pipe dream and move along. You think Parcells' and Ross are going to give Marshall that money and risk draft picks when he can't even behave himself, to live in South Beach?

I see that side but I have to tell you, if Miami is willing to use that #12 for offense, they should trade it to Denver for Marshall. He's the best Wide Reciever in football. I don't buy the "bad behavior" garbage either. All these kids act like fools. He is a big play, big time reciever who would be the best reciever they've arguably ever had. Would you trade the one from 2011 for him?

Whoever has a problem with this has issues. Bryant was a risk, he has serious knee issues and has been inconsistant his whole career. I actually Cincy is stupid for not signing To. Bryant I wanted to sign, but not for what Cincy dished out. That is crazy money for Bryant.

The WR I want is Mason, yea he is old, but checkout his stats. Excellent leader, Excellent route runner, Can take our young WR under his win and help whoever we draft. A two year deal or one year deal would be great .To bad Ravens want to resign him

I still wanted Bryant to sign, but like you said, def. NOT for the money that Cincy gave him (that's Boldin-type of cabbage). I wouldn't mind Mason, but rumors are he is ready to resign with Baltimore (or has done so already). The only remaining WR who could really improve our unit at this point is Terrell Owens. I made (what I feel) is a strong arguement for why we should take a look at Owens in another thread. Every stop Owens has taken I've always looked at him with disgust, but in Buffalo he made me pause and rethink him a little bit. Here was some of my reasoning for why I support a T.O. signing in Miami:

• For all his bad character issues, in my eyes T.O. actually showed a little maturity last year in Buffalo. I think about the reporters who kept trying to bait him during that one press conference over and over again. He just repeated the same line in response. To be fair, you could tell he was pissed off, but he still maintained a professional stance when he could have really talked badly of the Bills and their poor management/team. IMO Owens knows that if he hopes to keep collecting paychecks and wants to rehab any of his image (perhaps for a Hall Of Fame bid one day) he needs to quit being a baby over stupid things. The fact that he didn't become a HUGE headache while with the miserable Bills (no offense Buffalo lol) says a lot about his willingness to try and be a professional even in a bad situation. He still has a long way to go, but at this point in his career, I think Owens knows he won't get away with the stunts he used to pull back when he was in his prime.
  • 55 catches, 829 yards, 15.1 yard average, 5 TDs, 9 catches (20+), and 5 catches (40+). That is Terrell Owens statline for the 2009 season (courtesy of NFL.com). That is more receiving yardage (individually) than any one of our WR. That is one fewer TD than our entire receiving core had COMBINED. The only receiver we had who had close to the same 20/40+ yard catches was Brian Hartline (7 and 2 respectively). Ginn/Camarillo/Bess combined for a grand total of ONE pass 40+ yards (it was Ginn's). Bess, for all his third down conversion ability, had only 6 catches greater than 20 yards. Jeff Ireland talks about wanting a receiver who can pick up yards in chunks. Owens does this better than any one of our current receivers (though I'm holding out hope that Brian Hartline exceeds expectations and blows his rookie season stats out the window).
  • People like to say that stats arn't everything, but in this case, I say Owens put up major numbers given (a) he had Edwards/Fitzpatrick to throw him the ball, (b) he's 36 years old but still in terrific shape, and (c) Buffalo had no threat at TE nor did they have a strong running game capable of relieving the pressure teams could place on the WRs. Those three factors are enough to hold back some of the best WR, and yet Owens still performed at a high level for the season despite those opposing factors.
  • Owens is a 6'3" WR who plays hard and isn't afraid of contact. Signing him gives Miami the option of a player who can catch the ball, take a hit, and pick up good YAC. Bringing Owens to Miami instantly makes him the #1 option - something he craves- and would take pressure off of the other WRs on the roster (we all know Ted Ginn plays better when he isn't being counted upon to be "the guy" and Hartline/Bess would likely benefit from more single coverage).
  • I doubt Owens costs more than the $6 million dollar salary he signed for with Buffalo last season. Compare this to the approx. 5million/yr Nate Burleson got and the 7million/yr netted by Anquan Boldin and Antonio Bryant (Boldin seems worth it, Bryant I'm not so sure of). A reasonable salary for one year (with a team option for the following season) makes Owens a low risk, high reward type of investment.
Just my two cents...:up:

Back
Top Bottom