Merged: Antonio Bryant agrees to four year deal with Bengals... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Antonio Bryant agrees to four year deal with Bengals...

I see that side but I have to tell you, if Miami is willing to use that #12 for offense, they should trade it to Denver for Marshall. He's the best Wide Reciever in football. I don't buy the "bad behavior" garbage either. All these kids act like fools. He is a big play, big time reciever who would be the best reciever they've arguably ever had. Would you trade the one from 2011 for him?

I agree with this, BUT I think it is becoming more and more clear that Parcells has absolutely no interest in spending that #12 on offense.

The guy sleeps in "I (heart) linebackers" pajamas.

I agree with this, BUT I think it is becoming more and more clear that Parcells has absolutely no interest in spending that #12 on offense.

LOL. That he does. Hey, I hope it's Kindle or one of those DEs.

I still question how much BP is a part of the draft process in Miami. IF he is as active as we all say he is, then a pick like Pat White proves he is willing to go beyond the seemingly conventional wisdom he has established with his draft record over the years. White's size and QB-type are not absolutely ideal for a Parcell's-QB. Not many people saw the White pick coming, especially because of the 2nd round pick spent the year before on Henne. It was too much of a luxury pick, and from his draft history, Parcells doesn't do luxury picks.

I'm not arguing anything with you Aqua, but just wanted to put something else to think about out there. I think Miami fans will be surprised as some of the moves made in the future while under Parcells watch.

Not surprised. Book it, Camarillo and Hartline with Bess in the slot in 2010. We're going to shred defenses up.

I still question how much BP is a part of the draft process in Miami. IF he is as active as we all say he is, then a pick like Pat White proves he is willing to go beyond the seemingly conventional wisdom he has established with his draft record over the years. White's size and QB-type are not absolutely ideal for a Parcell's-QB. Not many people saw the White pick coming, especially because of the 2nd round pick spent the year before on Henne. It was too much of a luxury pick, and from his draft history, Parcells doesn't do luxury picks.

I'm not arguing anything with you Aqua, but just wanted to put something else to think about out there. I think Miami fans will be surprised as some of the moves made in the future while under Parcells watch.

I can agree with this, RCC. It appears to be much more of a collaborative process now. -That said, whomever suggested THAT pick will likely get less of a say moving forward (or at least they should :up:).

I'm hoping for Brandon Graham or Everson Griffen. -But more and more I'm thinking Dan Williams will be their pick.

I too want Graham or Griffen. Thomas is an intriguing option (or Berry if he falls) given our FS situation. Dan Williams, as others like CK have noted, seems like a Paul Solai clone (one dimensional run stuffer who doesnt generate a strong push - pass rush - up the middle). I think a lot of people would be pissed if we passed on Graham/Thomas/Griffen for a player like Williams, but I guess we could do worse with that pick than DW (think Raiders and Darius Heyward Bay:lol:).

I too want Graham or Griffen. Thomas is an intriguing option (or Berry if he falls) given our FS situation. Dan Williams, as others like CK have noted, seems like a Paul Solai clone (one dimensional run stuffer who doesnt generate a strong push - pass rush - up the middle). I think a lot of people would be pissed if we passed on Graham/Thomas/Griffen for a player like Williams, but I guess we could do worse with that pick than DW (think Raiders and Darius Heyward Bay:lol:).

I would like to give the kid more then 1 yr and a QB other the JaBust Russell throwing to him before I pronounce him a bust.

I would like to give the kid more then 1 yr and a QB other the JaBust Russell throwing to him before I pronounce him a bust.

Nowhere did I call him a bust (your words, not mine). I was implying he was picked too high, especially when Michael Crabtree was still on the board at Oaklands pick. He may still become good, but I thought MC was a much better prospect no matter where he was picked. But w/e man.

Im okay with this - never had any interest in Bryant. He's only a stopgap - not a solution

Yes, but he could have been a GOOD stopgap until next year when the draft is LOADED with WR talent.

If we don't get Dez Bryant, Arrelious Benn or Demaryius Thomas, there is a big drop off IMO. Then it's a whole nother year for us with our mediocre WR core.

Bryant would have given us a legit WR1, then we could have chosen someone like Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Michael Floyd or Jonathan Baldwin in the 1st next year.

FML.

Nowhere did I call him a bust (your words, not mine). I was implying he was picked too high, especially when Michael Crabtree was still on the board at Oaklands pick. He may still become good, but I thought MC was a much better prospect no matter where he was picked. But w/e man.

Sorry for inferring that! Yes Crabtree is the better prospect for sure!

All i know is that we need a #1.. Badly.. Whether Dez or any other 2nd round receiver can do that remains to be seen. We DON'T need another slot or #2~!

Yes, but he could have been a GOOD stopgap until next year when the draft is LOADED with WR talent.

If we don't get Dez Bryant, Arrelious Benn or Demaryius Thomas, there is a big drop off IMO. Then it's a whole nother year for us with our mediocre WR core.

Bryant would have given us a legit WR1, then we could have chosen someone like Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Michael Floyd or Jonathan Baldwin in the 1st next year.

FML.

A. Bryant isn't a legit #1. A solid 2, but no where close to a legit 1. People over value these types of players, but someone who puts up 600yards and 4 TD's don't qualify you for a franchise legit 1 WR.

A. Bryant isn't a legit #1. A solid 2, but no where close to a legit 1. People over value these types of players, but someone who puts up 600yards and 4 TD's don't qualify you for a franchise legit 1 WR.

How about the 1248 yards and 7 TDs he put up when he wasn't battling a knee injury, and had Byron Leftover and a rookie throwing to him, I wasn't on the A. Bryant bandwagon until we lost out on the FS bids. I got on because he does have that 1000+ yard potential and it would fill a hole and eliminate one less need going into the draft.

Back
Top Bottom