Merged: Antonio Bryant agrees to four year deal with Bengals... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Antonio Bryant agrees to four year deal with Bengals...

Agreed, But I think they only need one more receiver Like Derrick Mason or Torry Holt To Mentor the Young guy and/or Draft Picks....

1.Derrick Mason
2.Brian Hartline
3.Davone Bess
4.Draft Pick
5.Ted Ginn

Unfortunately I dont see room for Greg Camarillo with Hartline taking his spot as Possession Receiver (unless they Keep 6 Receivers). And God only knows about Patrick Tuner (he's probably Going to Be Fired).

Totally agree with your post and would like Derrick Mason. Good post Jdub :up:

well its obvious that we (the top brass) thinks the WR core isn't going to be addressed this year. they invested 2 picks in last years draft. I wouldn't be surprized if this years draft is all LBs, safties and NT's.

if we bring in a WR it'll be mason.

They better be right! The man that writes the checks is on record wanting a better WR corp!

Why does this suck? The dolphins werent aggressively after Bryant.. I dont know if this is some sort of plan to get others to pick up players they show a faint interest in or what. Whats the point of contacting and showing mild interest if you arent going to persue it..Alor of smoke and mirrors going on with the front office... Id say they have interest in Marshall, but they would have already brought him in and dealt with it quickly like they did Dansby.

Mason will not come at a bargin for us, his agent has said he is committed to finishing his career in Baltimore. That would be a Ryan Clark situation allover again!

Raw potential sure, but history shows WR that don't play in a pro style offense are a risk and take the longest to develop. Fun fact since everyone seems to agree a WR takes 3-4 yrs to develop, I will use the 2005 draft. 11 wr were taken in first 2 rounds, 7 never amounted to anything, 2 more finally hit their stride Roddy White and V. Jackson.

Could someone please look up Crabtree and Haywood-Bey's contract so we can compare?

Any time you draft a player for a position of need you're taking a risk. They have no NFL experience so you're risking it.

Raw potential sure, but history shows WR that don't play in a pro style offense are a risk and take the longest to develop.

Untrue. Mississippi Valley State's offense while Jerry Rice was there was about as not pro as you can get, since they always had five wide receivers on the field and the sets were always shotgun. As a matter of fact, if you ever get the chance to take a look at a college spread offense playbook and compare it with a pro playbook, you'll find that the route trees are more complex for the college playbook. Far more.

Could someone please look up Crabtree and Haywood-Bey's contract so we can compare?

Why does this matter?

Any time you draft a player for a position of need you're taking a risk. They have no NFL experience so you're risking it.

Anytime you sign a Fa..your risking...

1. Money..some times alot
2. Was the player a product of his system...or players around him..
3. Chemistry, jealousy from other players..

Wr gets a big contract no the rest of your corp wants more money...

I would say Fa signings are riskier..

And I would say history has shown signing FA does not lead to Super Bowls or even winning records...

In any sport..

Untrue. Mississippi Valley State's offense while Jerry Rice was there was about as not pro as you can get, since they always had five wide receivers on the field and the sets were always shotgun. As a matter of fact, if you ever get the chance to take a look at a college spread offense playbook and compare it with a pro playbook, you'll find that the route trees are more complex for the college playbook. Far more.

Why does this matter?

Really?

I know Ohio State didnt run a spread but all Ginn ran were ..Slants, Crossing and Veritcal routes..

I can really only think of 3 Wr that played in a spread in college..That are now active..

Welker, Bess, Harvin

All 3 are pretty good..so you may have a point...

Confirmed by Adam Schefter on twitter.

There goes another one...

The Bengals gave him 4 years and 28 million.............for that price they can have him :lol2: he is not worth that period :lol:

looks like we are going to be looking at brandon marshall real hard damn this sucks big time this is not good news for us but oh well its better for me cause we get to look into Marshall a whole lot more cuz he should be a dolphin bottom line and we beeter do it fast cuz time is running out

I'm confused why it sucks big time?

Antonio Bryant isn't 1/18th the WR Brandon Marshall is.

If this means Miami is turning their full attentions to getting Marshall, I'd like to believe that's a good thing?

I'm confused why it sucks big time?

Antonio Bryant isn't 1/18th the WR Brandon Marshall is.

If this means Miami is turning their full attentions to getting Marshall, I'd like to believe that's a good thing?

No way we give up the 12th pick in the draft for Marshall..

It wont happen

The Bengals gave him 4 years and 28 million.............for that price they can have him :lol2: he is not worth that period :lol:

So they basically gave Antonio Bryant the same contract they gave Laverneus Coles last season.

Sorry, I know Bryant was overrated by a lot on this forum, but he's not worth 7 million a season. Hell, he's not worth 5 mill IMHO.

Boldin- not worth TWO picks and a new contract ( I would be ready to deal a 3 or a 4th but not both.)

Bryant - no worth 7 million a year

Not alot on the market. There really isnt.

If they dont pick a WR in the second or first round then I will be very very upset. I would accept them getting a receiver later if they get one of the good pass catching Tight ends.

that's actually a short but very concisely accurate summation.

I equate the WR FA market this year to shopping for shoes.

You own shoes that are fine for most occasions but not really for the fancier events you anticipate being invited to in the near future.

You definitely agree you need an additional higher end pair and are willing and able to pay for reasonable value.

However, when arriving at the only shoe store around, you see some shoes that make absolutely no sense in fulfilling your dress-up needs, other shoes that might make some sense if you want to settle, and maybe a pair or 2 that could make a lot of sense, but relative to how they're constructed, their durability, etc., are just too unreasonably or unrealistically priced to justify.

Now if you purchase a pair that's priced fairly and looks good, but is not available in your size, you'll never be comfortalbe with the either too big or too small poor fit, and maybe even stumble as a result of wearing them.

So, despite your need and your ability to pay a fair price for a pair of shoes that fulfill your needs, you sadly walk out empty-handed because for you the shelves were as good as bare.
However, the manager also told you that a whole new fresh inventory is being shipped in next month and get excited after seeing some pictures and reading some descriptions. So you'll be back as soon as the shipment arrives with cash in hand and a plan to buy.

Back
Top Bottom