Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

Boomer said:
Clearly LenDale in Glendale hasn't hit you yet.

Dennis Green needs to start winning games or he's out of a job. He needs to pound the ball to help Warner and help the run game. Marcel Shipp is no midget either. He needs OL help. He could go Winston Justice, but White gives his offense a huge boost. We'll see.

He inherited Shipp, I'm talking about Draft choices Dennis Green made himself. And sure Denny needs to start winning, But adding another Rookie RB isn't the only way it winning happens when his line is that bad. Denny runs a "WCO" and that isn't exactly Lendale White, it's more DeAngelo Williams.

Dennis isn't changing his offence to become "pound the ball style offence" Denny has been doing this for a LONG time, and isn't changing now. Denny Green will get a job if the Cards are stupid enough to Fire him.

But my point is still the same, arrogant men like Dennis Green do not usually admit to making a mistake after only 16 games. But we will see...plus the fact that Lendale Rolls with Snoop Dogg may hurt his chances as well of going that early as well.

We will find out soon enough

Boomer said:
Do you mean Jovon Bouknight?

He'd certainly be on my sleeper list. Great size and hands. Will be fascinating to see what he does in Indy. He can return kicks as well and would be a decent 2nd day pick.

Yes Jovon Bouknight. Thanks for the reply. I went to the TCU vs WYO game and TCU could not stop him. He is the best WR to come out of WYO. I hope he makes it. He reminds me of Boldin.

Yettyskills said:
He inherited Shipp, I'm talking about Draft choices Dennis Green made himself. And sure Denny needs to start winning, But adding another Rookie RB isn't the only way it winning happens when his line is that bad. Denny runs a "WCO" and that isn't exactly Lendale White, it's more DeAngelo Williams.

Dennis isn't changing his offence to become "pound the ball style offence" Denny has been doing this for a LONG time, and isn't changing now. Denny Green will get a job if the Cards are stupid enough to Fire him.

But my point is still the same, arrogant men like Dennis Green do not usually admit to making a mistake after only 16 games. But we will see...plus the fact that Lendale Rolls with Snoop Dogg may hurt his chances as well of going that early as well.

We will find out soon enough

You make solid points. He did indeed inherit Shipp but still rolled with him and he played well for him when he wasn't hurt. His OL, as I've said is bad, but he can fix that pre-draft. Plus, in defence of his OL, they struggled with injuries all year. His blocking needs work, but he looks more than just an inteference blocker and his hands, when used are pretty decent. It's all workable areas.

As for running a WCO, it's not a pure WC and again, in my opinion, if Green wants to start winning games, then picking White will help him do that. He admitted himself that he throws the ball too much and needs to control the clock.

As for rolling with Snoop, that's immaterial IMO.

wyo said:
Yes Jovon Bouknight. Thanks for the reply. I went to the TCU vs WYO game and TCU could not stop him. He is the best WR to come out of WYO. I hope he makes it. He reminds me of Boldin.

I've seen him once in a game and a number of highlights and he always seems to make a highlight catch. Concentration in the football is superb.

We made the mistake of passing on Brees once. Given a second chance I think we should consider ourselves fortunate and go after him bigtime. I think that of all the QBs, both free agents and the draft combined, Brees would be the guy that would do us the most good in the shortest timespan. I think Diego is going to lose him with the insulting 2 mill offer with no upfront bonus. Wayne has big bucks, let him spend some. We become an elite team right away. It's doable,let's do it!

Boomer said:
I've seen him once in a game and a number of highlights and he always seems to make a highlight catch. Concentration in the football is superb.

Since you watched the TCU game, do you have any feedback on Quincy Butler CB TCU ???

I'll throw a question out there...
Who would be at 16th that you would refuse to trade down?

I'm thinking a really couldn't care less who is avaiable at 16th, I'd trade down in any scenario to get the extra picks and let Nick work the draft.

I'll throw out this as well...
what do yas think about Manny Lawson finding his way into our defensive system? By the time the Combine is done he might be another Ware/Merriman.

any thoughts?

Boomer, do you think the Dolphins would be interested in J.D. Runnels - FB - Oklahoma. This guy is the epitome of high character, leadership, and work ethic.

ChrisKo said:
Since you watched the TCU game, do you have any feedback on Quincy Butler CB TCU ???

He was good. He is plays faster than people have stated. Their whole team had incredible speed. They were way faster than WYO.

He had an INT. But WYO QB had 7 turnovers. Bouknight kept them in it.
Here is a piece from the game.

A short Wyoming punt gave TCU another short field, giving Manfredini a 32-yard field goal late in the first quarter. Three plays later, Quincy Butler intercepted Bramlet, setting up a 34-yard Manfredini field goal that made it 12-0 early in the second quarter.

spacer-2.gif

Jovon Bouknight pulled the Cowboys within 12-7 on a 31-yard touchdown pass from Bramlet midway through the second quarter.

But Corey Rogers' 17-yard punt return gave TCU another short field, setting up Jeff Ballard's 13-yard touchdown pass to Aaron Brown for a 19-7 lead with 1:42 left in the half. Henson's touchdown came just 39 seconds later, but Manfredini missed the kick again, making it 25-7. Peter LoCoco kicked a 52-yard field goal as time expired to make it 28-7 at halftime.
Bouknight's second touchdown catch, a 11-yarder late in the third quarter, pulled Wyoming within 28-14. But three drives into TCU territory in the fourth quarter ended in Bramlet turnovers.
With a 16-yard catch in the first quarter, Bouknight moved past Marcus Harris into first place on Wyoming's career all-purpose yards list. Bouknight extended his NCAA-leading streak to 42 consecutive games with at least one catch, finishing with 11 catches - a career high - for 157 yards and two touchdowns and giving him 4,861 all-purpose yards for his career.

i really hope we go after brees hard. I was really pushing for us to draft him when he came out and we didnt. but maybe in the long run it was better that we didnt, now he has had 4 years/5? under his belt and is now definitly proven that he is NFL ready? If we can land him without giving up a draft pick then i think this is exactly what Saban is waiting for.

I have a question, Boomer, if you have a sec.

Who do you feel is responsible for the Chargers finding themselves in this position?

I mean, I know their side of the story, but I still think it has to be considered a huge mistake to have let it come to this. Last year they could have gotten a king's ransom for EITHER of their QBs, and didn't pull the trigger out of either greed or fear.

Who do you think encouraged this course... was it due to a disagreement between coach and GM about who is the future at QB?

Given the fact that we lost our trade bait, the likelyhood of one of the top 3 QB's in this years draft sliding down to us is slim. FA will have to be the place to address this and Brees being the best hope. I would consider Ramsey the second and Culpepper 3rd.

Boomer said:
Well, all the teams with QB issues to be honest, except maybe the Raiders. Arizona is a team that could bring in a FA QB rather than draft one. Us, the Jets, etc.

Do you think the Jets can be competitive given their cap condition? I only see Detroit and Oakland as our major competitors.

ChrisKo said:

Yeah big kid, JUCO transfer I think, can really run, he's had 12 picks in 2 seasons with TCU. Apparently runs in the 4.45 area, great ball skills, has played safety at the JUCO level and has the size to shift inside as he looked to have the frame top accomodate 10/12lbs easily. He could be a 4th/5th round steal for someone. Sort of rough diamond but worth keeping an eye out for on day 2.

Back
Top Bottom