Merged: Brady Quinn is struggling. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brady Quinn is struggling.

I agree, I knew what you were saying clearly.

And being curious about how Quinn was doing, I can vouche that this isn't some hyperbole from the big media outlet. I perused some online Browns boards to see how he was doing in camps, and I have to say, they were actually brutally honest that he looked terrible. Many even agreed with Cam/Mueller's/Philosophy decision in the draft (taking another player, then grabbing Beck or Quinn most likely if he still would have been there in the second).

Yea.. Colin Coherd also said on his show he thinks Quinn will not correct these mechanical problems. He said if you've had these problems for 20 years ur not going to correct them now... and compared him to Joey Harrington.

It's sad I think 95% of us wanted Quinn at that moment of the draft, but now 90% of us are glad we didn't take him. I believe Cam is going to do great things in Miami.

even more sad were all those losers booing him at the draft party...And now probably supporting him, thats whats sad, they should actually be embarrassed...Just goes to show you that the coaches know more than we do

yeah.. its not like you are hearing the same thing about JaMarcus Russell or John Beck

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but if it is, we really haven't heard much negative about either Russell or Beck. In fact, they both have IMPROVED by A LOT during mini camps. So have Kolb,Stanton, and I guess Edwards (mixed reviews on him).

For mini camp, I normally take how people look with a grain of salt. It seemed like after every mini camp for 3 straight years everybody thought we had something special in Kendal Newsome; mini camp is w/o pads.

However, the thing that would concern me about Quinn is how badf he's struggling with accuracy. Not the plays themselves, but how bad his throws are off. Beck and Russell are both learning to playbooks and neither have looked as bad as Quinn has supposedly looked. I talked to one of my buddies in Cleveland, and he said a lot of fans are disgusted with how Quinn has looked.

Again, only mini camp. But the fact that the Browns gave up a first orunder next year (which wil be a top 10 pick more than likely) Quinn will be under a microscope.

I'll wait until guys start holding out before I judge who will be the most disappointing. I agree Olsen is looking sensation in camp, but this is non-contact voluntary workouts for pete's sake.

do the forum mods have something against me? they seriously move, merge or close 90% the threads I start. WTF! How is this not a hot Dolphins discussion right now. You guys are fkn lame. No one looks at this General NFL forum.

So far 4 other posters have not only looked at, but also responded to this thread. As far as lame goes, nothing lamer than "woe is me" posts. Dollarz nailed it on the head, the guy is a Cleveland Brown: Cleveland Browns = General NFL

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but if it is, we really haven't heard much negative about either Russell or Beck. In fact, they both have IMPROVED by A LOT during mini camps. So have Kolb,Stanton, and I guess Edwards (mixed reviews on him).

For mini camp, I normally take how people look with a grain of salt. It seemed like after every mini camp for 3 straight years everybody thought we had something special in Kendal Newsome; mini camp is w/o pads.

However, the thing that would concern me about Quinn is how badf he's struggling with accuracy. Not the plays themselves, but how bad his throws are off. Beck and Russell are both learning to playbooks and neither have looked as bad as Quinn has supposedly looked. I talked to one of my buddies in Cleveland, and he said a lot of fans are disgusted with how Quinn has looked.
Again, only mini camp. But the fact that the Browns gave up a first orunder next year (which wil be a top 10 pick more than likely) Quinn will be under a microscope.

No ... I'm the one who started this thread, I was not being sarcastic.. I was making the point that even though its only minicamps, we havent been hearing such negativity from JaRussell or Beck like you explained in more detail.

Plus it sounds like his agent Brady and his agent are planning a hold out because he wants paid top 5 money since everyone knows this is where he belongs. Guess what you were picked #22 and should be paid like #22, that's what he's worth. I really hope Cleveland doesn't puss out and hike up his worth. Think how bad of a trend this would set for furture drafts. No way Cleveland can give in to him. Might be a long hold out.

After hearing about his poor camp and this hold out makes me that much more happy about Ginn and Beck.

I would think only Ginn's status should matter. We didn't select Beck over Quinn.

In a way Miami did. Right after the draft Cam made mention that all along they liked Beck better than Quinn and gambled that by taking Ginn first they stood an excellent chance of getting Beck in the 2nd round due to teams being scared off by his age. The gamble did payoff and he had the biggest damn grin I have ever seen. Then of course talked about how awesome the Ginn family was to be around and stuff like that.

I took that as another dig on Quinn because of the way he talked before the draft and the way he reacted after Miami passed on him. Really Miami's QB coach and Cam looked Brady over with a fine tooth comb and decided he isn't what they were looking for. Saw in Brady interview that Quinn was suprised how Miami gave him all kinds of situation that he had to describe how he would have reacted to certain situations and what he saw and what he would have done. Even made the comment about how he thought he did pretty well and liked Miami's coaching staff a lot and than 5 minutes later after the video clip of Brady Miami picked Ginn.

How is that good? :confused: Oh I see, you're one of those fans that need the "I told you so" crap under your belt. :rolleyes:

Wow, you got all that for a 3-word post!!! Impressive.No I'm one of thoes fans that said without an O-line it doesn't matter who plays Q.B,and since we passed on Quinn and he was picked by another AFC team I hope he struggles everyday in the NFL...

In a way Miami did. Right after the draft Cam made mention that all along they liked Beck better than Quinn and gambled that by taking Ginn first they stood an excellent chance of getting Beck in the 2nd round due to teams being scared off by his age. The gamble did payoff and he had the biggest damn grin I have ever seen. Then of course talked about how awesome the Ginn family was to be around and stuff like that.

I took that as another dig on Quinn because of the way he talked before the draft and the way he reacted after Miami passed on him. Really Miami's QB coach and Cam looked Brady over with a fine tooth comb and decided he isn't what they were looking for. Saw in Brady interview that Quinn was suprised how Miami gave him all kinds of situation that he had to describe how he would have reacted to certain situations and what he saw and what he would have done. Even made the comment about how he thought he did pretty well and liked Miami's coaching staff a lot and than 5 minutes later after the video clip of Brady Miami picked Ginn.

1) Show me a quote anywhere by Cam that says he liked Beck more than Quinn.

2) They were looking at Beck or Edwards in the 2nd round. In fact, they kept attempting to trade back into the first in order to get Beck, but couldn't find a partner. They were lucky Beck fell to them.

Update: Brady Quinn vs Beck

Charlie Weis prepared Brady Quinn for just about everything at Notre Dame.

Weis taught Quinn an NFL offense and gave him the ability to unleash it against college defenses. In some ways, Quinn was like a master's student in a classroom of freshmen. Quinn learned the West Coast offense from Tyrone Willingham. Weis took him to new levels with his imaginative schemes. He was a great student.

What Quinn wasn't prepared for was what happened since he left South Bend. Draft day was a disaster. He sat in the Green Room watching team after team pass on him. Although he was elated to be rescued by the Browns with the 22nd pick in the first round, he felt as battered as David Carr during a 70-sack season.

His first few minicamp performances have been filled with inaccurate passes, which shouldn't be a surprise. The Browns are installing a completely new offense, a copy of the Mike Martz-Norv Turner-Air Coryell system. Passes hit the ground more often in Browns minicamp than at most minicamps currently going on, but those incompletions aren't limited to Quinn. Receivers are also learning the steps, and Charlie Frye and others are adjusting to the terminology.

The problem for Quinn is that criticism of his accuracy was one of the reasons he slipped in the first round. Quinn is fighting an uphill battle in his role at Browns camp.

"I don't think I'm quite there yet," Quinn said. "It's hard to put down a percentage on it. There's a lot of time left. Hopefully, we'll have a better indication once training camp starts."

That's another problem for Quinn. To report to training camp, Quinn needs to sign a contract, and that won't be easy. Arguably, he lost $20 million to $30 million in guarantees by dropping from the top of the draft to the 22nd pick. He's in a slot that merits a five-year contract that would average less than $1.8 million a year. Quinn is on a team that paid a guard (Eric Steinbach) $7 million a year, and a tackle not expected to start (Kevin Shaffer) more than $6 million a year.

Tom Cammett/WireImage.com

Brady Quinn is focused on learning the Browns' offense and getting himself under contract.

How can the future quarterback of the Browns lock himself into a deal in which he would make that much less than the blockers in front of him?

".
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2902696

Being a notre dame fan, i hope succeeds! Brady Quinn was our guy for 4 years, and he gave us all hope. He never came through at crunch time, but notre dame was way overrated going into those big games. Brady Quinn, i believe will be a good quarterback in this league. I honestly believe we did the right thing in not drafting him though

Back
Top Bottom