Merged: BREAKING NEWS: Eric Mangini accepts Jets job | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: BREAKING NEWS: Eric Mangini accepts Jets job

BREAKING NEWS: Eric Mangini acceptes Jets job

It just now was reported on ESPNews. I guess Mangini ignored BB about the Jets.

it will be interesting to see the pats and how they adjust to this. if thes all BB then it doestn matter. However Hireing mangi as HC after 1 year as DC? wow.. go jets!

Mindwarp said:
it will be interesting to see the pats and how they adjust to this. if thes all BB then it doestn matter. However Hireing mangi as HC after 1 year as DC? wow.. go jets!

Mangini is going to be a very good coach, but this wasn't a good move for the Jets. He's not going to know how to handle an offense, the guy has ZERO experience with that side of the ball, that just can't be good. The Jets got desprate and reached, hopefully they do the same in the Draft this April.

He's simply not ready yet..

Now all we need is the Bills to hire someone else that has worked with BB, then our whole division will be have coached under him.

Could you see if Junior Seau went to the Jets for a year?

He could tell Mangini, "<removed>, I don't have to listen to you, I'm older than you!"

Mod Warning: WB3

Language
Comments considered to be derogatory, disgusting, hateful or offensive are not permitted. There will be no swearing of any kind. Circumventing the profanity filter is also not permitted. Basically, use your head.

35 yr old Head Coach?

When he bombs out they will say he wasn`t ready yet.....and then go some-where else and win....The Jets are in CAP Hell....thanks to Herm...
Herm knew when to jump ship....before the sinking...

I really don't think that this is a smart move. Mangini needs more time as a DC to get in hang of things, but the Jets made a do or die move with him. I really don't know if he is ready to control a whole team and rebuild a team. Don't be expecting to go to the playoffs anytime soon Jet fans.

dolphinfan2k5 said:
Now all we need is the Bills to hire someone else that has worked with BB, then our whole division will be have coached under him.

No! Buffalo will get Haslett.

dolphinfan2k5 said:

Kirk Ferentz maybe? Make the AFC East a family affair.:lol: Anyway, I think the Jets just made a mistake. I think Mangini will be a good headcoach one day, but will fail with the Jets for 2 reasons.

1. Lack of experience: a couple years ago this guy was washing Bellichick's laundry and fetching him coffee. Now, after one year as DC, they expect him to be a great HC? Yeah, right.

2. Lack of control: Last time I checked, the guy calling the shots in NY is still Bradway. How successful would you think Saban would be with us if Spielman was buying the groceries? Not very.

Welcome to BB part 2. Sucks with first team, rocks with the next.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Could you see if Junior Seau went to the Jets for a year?

He could tell Mangini, "<removed> I don't have to listen to you, I'm older than you!"

:lol: I think Kevin Mawae can just about do that.

Caps said:
Kirk Ferentz maybe? Make the AFC East a family affair.:lol: Anyway, I think the Jets just made a mistake. I think Mangini will be a good headcoach one day, but will fail with the Jets for 2 reasons.

1. Lack of experience: a couple years ago this guy was washing Bellichick's laundry and fetching him coffee. Now, after one year as DC, they expect him to be a great HC? Yeah, right.

Hey, there's only so many 'hoodies' one man can wash before it's time to take the next step :lol:

Back
Top Bottom