MERGED: Breaking News: Iverson traded to Nuggets | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Breaking News: Iverson traded to Nuggets

SA took Tony parker 28th. I think he's a little valuable :wink:

In a way, this is what the Sixers are counting on. That 2001 draft was insanely deep. Seriously, look at this draft and see how many quality players were taken after the lottery: http://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2001.html

You could make a damn good team just from the 2001 draft:

C - Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry, Sam Dalembert, Mehmet Okur, Brendan Haywood
PF - Pau Gasol, Zach Randolph, Troy Murphy
SF - Richard Jefferson, Jason Richardson, Vlad Radmanovic, Gerald Wallace
SG - Gilbert Arenas, Joe Johnson, Shane Battier
PG - Tony Parker, Jamaal Tinsley

The only position where there's not a bona fide all-star is center, and there's still time for Chandler to get there, especially with how he's playing this year. And yet, I digress.

Here's the problem: saying "they've got a nice plan in place, as long as Billy King doesn't screw it up" is a flawed theory. Asking King not to mess something up is like asking a dog not to scratch. That guy could **** up a cup of coffee. If not for Isiah Thomas, he wouldn't just be the NBA's worst GM, he'd be the worst in pro sports.

I am so happy that AI might be playing his first game tonight in Denver....I am about ready to break into song...in my best Phil Collins voice:

"Tonight, tonight, tonight....woooooo ohhhhhhh.......

I'm gonna make it right,,,,tonight, tonight, tonight,,,,,wooooo ohhhhhhh...

You keep telling me I got everything, I've got everything I want (except a ring :lol: )

You keep telling me you're gonna help me , you're gonna help me but you don't. (BK)

But now I'm in too deep.....you see it's got me so I just can't sleep....ohhh get me out of here (Philly)...just help me I'll do anything, anything (practice), if you get me outta here. :sidelol:

HOW WAS THAT??? :lol: :wink:

Nuggets lose another: Camby out 2 months

Marcus Camby of the Denver Nuggets expects to be sidelined a couple of weeks after breaking a finger on his shooting hand during a game against the Washington Wizards.

The 6-foot-11 center-forward is averaging 11.7 points and 11 rebounds and his absence is a blow to a team already without J.R. Smith and Carmelo Anthony. Anthony was suspended for 15 games and Smith for 10 for their roles in a brawl in the final minutes of a Dec. 16 game in New York.

Camby was hurt Monday night, and his time away from the team begins with Friday night’s home game against Sacramento.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16328793/

Marcus Camby of the Denver Nuggets expects to be sidelined a couple of weeks after breaking a finger on his shooting hand during a game against the Washington Wizards.

The 6-foot-11 center-forward is averaging 11.7 points and 11 rebounds and his absence is a blow to a team already without J.R. Smith and Carmelo Anthony. Anthony was suspended for 15 games and Smith for 10 for their roles in a brawl in the final minutes of a Dec. 16 game in New York.

Camby was hurt Monday night, and his time away from the team begins with Friday night’s home game against Sacramento.

Wow the Nuggets are gonna be thin tonight....no Melo, Camby, Miller gone, AI can't play unless he and Miller pass physicals for their new teams....the airports should be open but maybe Boykins is gonna have to jack up some shots. :lol:

AI looked fantastic in a losing effort. He played a great game.

This team is having a great share of bad luck. lol..

Camby out for two months? The only player on the team that can actually play defense? I can see a ton of teams take advantage on the paint from now on, and the Nuggets have already struggled to defend the paint all season long.

good trade for both teams imo.....76'ers didnt get alot back but 3 draft picks arent bad.....in the 20's you can get contributers......and i love denver now.

Yeah it should help both teams. The Nuggets are going to be a little short without Camby and Melo for a few weeks, but they are going to be a good team with everyone starts to gel. The Sixers have to get rid of some big salaries and start over with younger guys....their picks should help them out...and look out if they get Greg Oden.

Key to victory for the Nuggies....

Keep the midget from shooting over 20 shots a game.

No, I do not mean Iverson either, the real midget Earl Boykins :lol:

clear.gif

Edited there, its fixed :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom