MERGED: Breaking News: Iverson traded to Nuggets | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Breaking News: Iverson traded to Nuggets

Let's see.......

-Deep draft, but those two picks are gonna be in the 20's.

-Andre Miller is a good player, but Billy King is highly overrating him.

-Joe Smith has an expiring contract, so that's good for Philly.

-Miller is making about $8.6 million this year, did he get an extension last year? If not, then he's off the books as well.

-Philly is now one of the league's worse, so they've got a good shot at Oden or Durant.

-If Philly winds up with Durant, they can try and deal Carney for a young PG.

Overall, I think it was a stupid move by Philly. It'd have been better to acquire a young player + one first round selection. They REALLY should've held out and kept pushing for Livingston or Foye. I think Minnesota would've broke and dished out Foye, but Livingston was probably a "no" from the get go.

As for Denver, I don't think this is going to work at all. Carmelo Anthony is the biggest ball hog in the NBA, and he's on pace to be the biggest one in NBA history. He can play off the ball, but I don't know how patient he's going to be with Iverson running the floor. Will he allow the game to come with him with some slow nights, or is he just gonna go off and force shots? I think option #2 is clear and obvious.

Well great that makes the Western Conference even harder. I knew that the 76ers weren't gonna trade within their own conference.

This is a match made in hell for Denver. I'm sorry but two selfish ballhog egos like Iverson and Melo will lead to disaster. Iverson+Melo = a lot of future conflict in Denver.

Bumrush said:
This is a match made in hell for Denver. I'm sorry but two selfish ballhog egos like Iverson and Melo will lead to disaster. Iverson+Melo = a lot of future conflict in Denver.

I think it is a great deal for both sides.....The Pepsi Center is going to be rocking....Sixers get three first rounders. Gonna buy me an Iverson Nuggets jersey. :tongue:

Roman529 said:
I think it is a great deal for both sides.....The Pepsi Center is going to be rocking....Sixers get three first rounders. Gonna buy me an Iverson Nuggets jersey. :tongue:
Not sure about both sides,but the Nuggets will be fine.They played together well on Team USA.Hell they played together better than Wade and LBJ.Theyll be good.

Dre3000 said:
Not sure about both sides,but the Nuggets will be fine.They played together well on Team USA.Hell they played together better than Wade and LBJ.Theyll be good.

Gonna be watching them play the Suns on Altitude Sports....the Suns have that big winning streak.....some radio guys here said Denver agreed to the deal because they need the fans in the seats until Melo comes back. :lol:

the sixers will be the winner of this trade by far. not this season though. AI is just like TO. this guy is a cancer. Ive been a sixers fan for a long time and cant express to you how glad i am to have this overated trouble maker off my team. thank god and good riddens. have fun nuggets fans you're in for a ride. the sixers will now concentrate on losing games so they can draft oden. they will probably trade up in the 1st round with the other 2 picks and possibly weber to get another young star. they will finally have solid nucleus to build around and get back to a winning franchise , like the dr.j,moses malone days. with oden,kyle korver and another young 1st rounder this will be a great trio to do this with.

I guess Antoine for Iverson straight up didn't get the job done:lol:

what i still dont get is that they knew they wanted to trade iverson all this time, and when the draft came around they passed on a pg of the future in marcus williams and took rodney carney instead :nono:

They have there hearts set on greg oden...who actually is a player they can rebuild there franchise around

General Manager Elgin Baylor and Coach Mike Dunleavy declined to comment on their efforts to acquire the four-time scoring champion, but team sources said the Clippers apparently made every player available to Philadelphia except Elton Brand, Chris Kaman and Shaun Livingston.

Moreover, the Clippers were willing to trade their own first-round draft pick this season and the lottery-protected first-round pick they received in the Sam Cassell trade. Many in the front office acknowledged Corey Maggette was the centerpiece of the Clippers' final proposal, which also probably included Cuttino Mobley, Zeljko Rebraca and the draft choices.

If the Clippers get Minnesota's pick for June's draft, both could be higher than the Nuggets' two first-round picks, projected to be in the 20s.

The Clippers figured Philadelphia would come back to them before trading Iverson, sources said, because the Clippers' offer was considered better than Denver's best bid.

Wonder why the Sixers never went back to the Clippers. The deal with Denver must have offered more salary cap relief?

All things considered, the Sixers could have done worse. They're still moving Iverson for a fraction of his true value, of course, but they get cap relief and 2 first round picks in what looks like a VERY deep draft.

As for the Nuggets, GREAT deal for them. To those wondering how George Karl will get Iverson and Anthony to co-exist, remember that he used to get Glenn Robinson and Ray Allen to work together, and neither of those guys was real fond of passing the ball, either. It'll work. Moreover, though Iverson's a ballhog, he can (and will) pass the ball at times. Plus, he's never had a guy anywhere near as good as Anthony to whom he can pass the ball.

Back
Top Bottom